• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have played lots of games, I still don't find it to be as bad as people say it is (I'd agree the Werehog stages could've been better though)
Then again I find that people just say that because they subconsciously need to trash talk a Sonic game, poor blokes the lot of them *sigh*

We need to trash-talk bad games.

Sonic Unleashed is a bad game.

Ergo...

qq more

Unleashed is one of those games I WANT to like but just can't. Werehog was really an issue for me. Shame because I loved everything else!

and geez guys i dont seriously see the problem with one liking Unleashed... I mean it isn't another Sonic 06 or Shadow The Hedgehog :s

Quackula

Unleashed is one of those games I WANT to like but just can't. Werehog was really an issue for me. Shame because I loved everything else!

and geez guys i dont seriously see the problem with one liking Unleashed... I mean it isn't another Sonic 06 or Shadow The Hedgehog :s

My favorite Sonic game is Sony Labyrinth.

Tizoc

Yes it is. Just because the daytime sections are fun doesn't make up for the other 70% of it that's trash. It's boring, it's repetitive, it's lame.

I just enjoy the stuff I like and ignore/forget the stuff that I dislike, I'd say I give Unleashed (PS2)...6 or 7/10.

RobbieNick

We need to trash-talk bad games.

Sonic Unleashed is a bad game.

Ergo...

SA1 and SA2 are worse. Discuss.

Honestly, I don't think that the Werehog gameplay is THAT bad (Knuckles/Rouge and Eggman/Tails levels in SA2 were far worse), it's just that there is too much of it. It goes on for at least twice as long as it needs to each level. Plus, having to go back onto old Werehog levels for those stupid medals was a chore. Who through forcing the player to look for Easter egg trinkets in order to continue the game further was a good idea? If they had shortened the Werehog levels by about 50-65%, they would have been a lot more enjoyable.

Call me a nut, but I actually enjoyed the village hub areas. We finally had humans that looked like they could easily fit into Sonic's world and taking a break from the action in the game to explore was a nice change of pace. It was also cool to talk to people and get extra bonus levels through them. There's a a lot more awesome daytime levels than some of you know.

Yeah, Sonic Unleashed was critically panned, but I enjoyed it. So sue me. XP

qq more

(ღ˘‿˘ღ) (✿ ♥‿♥) Sonic Blast is the best Sonic game ever ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (-''‿''-)

Sciz

Having finally played daytime Unleashed via the Unleashed Project, I see now that my jokes about it being Trackmania were closer to the truth than I thought. Which is great if you want more Trackmania, but it's not what I'm looking for in a Sonic game.

@Schala: I found the font they're using:

worldscollide_banner_3zqx0.png

Village

Honestly, I don't think that the Werehog gameplay is THAT bad (Knuckles/Rouge and Eggman/Tails levels in SA2 were far worse), it's just that there is too much of it. It goes on for at least twice as long as it needs to each level. Plus, having to go back onto old Werehog levels for those stupid medals was a chore. Who through forcing the player to look for Easter egg trinkets in order to continue the game further was a good idea? If they had shortened the Werehog levels by about 50-65%, they would have been a lot more enjoyable.

Call me a nut, but I actually enjoyed the village hub areas. We finally had humans that looked like they could easily fit into Sonic's world and taking a break from the action in the game to explore was a nice change of pace. It was also cool to talk to people and get extra bonus levels through them. There's a a lot more awesome daytime levels than some of you know.

I disagree whole heartily, however i will fully admit the level design could have better, but to say its worse than the werehog.

Goodness no, thats almost a lie.

Also there the, enjoying who your playing as part, as the werehog, there was none of that.

I could never properly play through Sonic Unleashed from start to finish again, behind the enjoyable day time stages, nice world theming and soundtrack is an array of crap trying to get between you and those daytime stages.
I'd like to say the game was half good but that would imply that the daytime stages are half of the game, unfortunately they're more like a third of it.
Werehog manages to be worse than the other various gameplay shifts of the Adventure games by virtue of genuinely awful platforming and excessive stage length.

Village

I could never properly play through Sonic Unleashed from start to finish again, behind the enjoyable day time stages, nice world theming and soundtrack is an array of crap trying to get between you and those daytime stages.
I'd like to say the game was half good but that would imply that the daytime stages are half of the game, unfortunately they're more like a third of it.
Werehog manages to be worse than the other various gameplay shifts of the Adventure games by virtue of genuinely awful platforming and excessive stage length.

That sound track is quite good, thats something i can say about the sonic series as a whole.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
@Schala: I found the font they're using:
Thanks, Sciz. I edited that in!

When you finish up the banners, I'll edit 'em in too.

qq more said:
(ღ˘‿˘ღ) (✿ ♥‿♥) Sonic Blast is the best Sonic game ever ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (-''‿''-)
Didn't you say you wanted to 100% it now that I gave you some hot tips to get past Blue Marine Zone?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I totally just wrote a post descending into the "I think I hate video games" territory in the Why do you play JRPGs? thread. :/

Almost finished this X run in X4. Let's hope the final boss isn't going to give me a run for my money.

Just a heads up that Sonic Universe #50 seems to be out, I'll try to read it tomorrow @3@
Oh, neat! I'll pick that up on Monday then.

The game is still actually awful but it's short enough that I can probably go through it nearly painlessly and get all 5 (lol) Chaos Emeralds.
Nearly painlessly, he said. You were stuck in Blue Marine Zone for so long that I had to help you out. :V

qq more's favourite Sonic game is Sonic Blast, confirmed. Just because he hasn't beaten Sonic 2 or Sonic Colours yet.

qq more

Nearly painlessly, he said. You were stuck in Blue Marine Zone for so long that I had to help you out. :V

Nonono, I'm predicting that it'll be nearly painless for the next playthrough since you've taught me the routes the last time I played it. :V

...I think I gotta get on that soon because I'm slowly forgetting which route to take.

qq more's favourite Sonic game is Sonic Blast, confirmed. Just because he hasn't beaten Sonic 2 or Sonic Colours yet.

¯\('~')/¯

I swear the first area of act 1 is the hardest part to figure out, outside of me not figuring out how to get air during the boss at least, in hindsight i'm kind of glad I gave up there.

But Death Egg zone in Sonic 2 is friggin' hard. Mecha/Silver Sonic is a dick.
Damn straight.
If the ending is anywhere near as "good" as Sonic 1 then we ain't missing much, TRY AGAIN it says, how about you stick yer damn emeralds up your arse Robotnik.

OMG Aero

But Death Egg zone in Sonic 2 is friggin' hard. Mecha/Silver Sonic is a dick.
It's incredibly easy once you work out the timing on his attacks and know when he is going jump while spinning and when he is going to just roll. You can get like 3 hits on him between each attack if you just keep bouncing on his head.
Then when you get to Robotnik you just need to be incredibly patient and wait for him to bob down after jetting off screen to attack him. If you rush and try to attack at other times you risk scraping the hit box of one of his hands and just dying.

TheOGB

Banned
Asura's Wrath is the best anime.
And after just finishing it minutes ago (hooooooooooooooooly shit, by the way) I just NOW realize what your avatar is.

You remind me of that Nintendo Power issue where someone wrote in complaining that Game Boy Color is spelled wrong in Canada.
pfffffffftttttttt hahahahah

So who do you guys 'main' in Sonic Fighters? I mostly use Bean, cuz he's my fav. comic character =P
Sonic because I'm a terrible person that enjoys "boring 'main characters'" like Ryu (but I also use Knuckles and Bark)

I love Sonic Unleashed.

That is all.
I'm with these two. Sonic Unleashed has great moments, of that there is no doubt. It also has really awful moments, and again, no arguments there. But although the game is quite flawed and has pissed me right the fuck off on numerous occassions, there's something about it that I can't help but love. I think it's the entire world of Unleashed; it feels like a connected world, instead of just levels, and that is part of the point of the game. It has its own identity in the series, and while I don't think it should be the 'main identity' of the series, it was a nice and welcome addition--and that's not even counting that it was the first big step in the gameplay becoming what we have today.

And Chip wasn't so bad after all. I mean, I never asked for this and what have you, but it was executed... well enough.

The daytime levels are A LOT SHORTER than the Werehog levels. They aren't really that much of the game in the grand scheme of things.
This reminds me that when I think about it I probably spent more time fighting bosses in Sonic 4 Episode 2 than playing through the actual stages on the first run.

Got all the DLC downloading now.
I'm counting them as two separate things so I can say I beat more than 3 games for March
bbqB4.gif
Positively scandalous scheming there, you think the March backlog brigade will be duped so easily?
But if you were hoooooooly shitting before then well, WELL, things are about to get holier, biblical even!

OMG Aero

I'm nowhere near finishing three games this month, but I'm happy with the one I did finish.
Pegzr2n.jpg

And after just finishing it minutes ago (hooooooooooooooooly shit, by the way) I just NOW realize what your avatar is.
The episodes featuring the thing in my avatar are so good.
And I hope when you say you finished it you mean with the DLC ending.

I've considered at times going for the Dark Souls Platinum since i'm pretty close but then I remember the Darkwraith covenant requirement and think nuts to that idea.
That and other more filler like things such as getting all the miracles, pyromancies and what not for some of the last few stragglers, more like busywork if anything, but that's achievements and trophies for you.

Well i'll congratulate your tenaciousness here Aero.

TheOGB

Banned
The episodes featuring the thing in my avatar are so good.
And I hope when you say you finished it you mean with the DLC ending.
Got all the DLC downloading now.
I'm counting them as two separate things so I can say I beat more than 3 games for March
bbqB4.gif
Actually I forgot about 11.5 and 15.5, but it's a good thing I did because I forgot I was going to get Darkstalkers Resurrection (but now I gotta get more moonbucks
KAX6d.gif
)

Oh well, time to unleash more wrath!

BlackJace

My friend was nice enough to get me Battlefront 2 PC for my birthday. I'm having a blast so far, it was one of my favorite games to play with my buddies on splitscreen back in the day.

There's this really annoying sound stutter/loop issue I need ironed out though :p

TheOGB

Banned
Just fought Ryu and Akuma, lawd have mercy that was crazy

Starting Episode 19 now.
Eww, these videos compressed to all hell :(
oh thank goodness, it was just the recap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom