• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Think I'm gonna play DmC tonight. I wanted to do a Zero run in X4 but since I have a lot of other stuff to get through I'll put that on hold.

X4 is still bloody-well awesome, though. I love that game.

I'm nowhere near finishing three games this month, but I'm happy with the one I did finish.
Congratulations on the plat! Really admirable because I could never see myself getting the plat for either of the Souls games, haha.

Best level in the series!

/fact
Just because qq more thinks it's the best level in the series does not make it a fact.

Oh shit, PersonaGAF started a podcast.

Time to step our game up, SonicGAF.
Heh. You're never going to hear me speak.

Tizoc

Say Schala, why didn't you get the PC ver. of DmC? It's the definate ver. of the game and I personally am waiting for it to go for $20 or less right now.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I think I've recorded myself playing total war shogun 2 once. I bored myself actually, lol.
I recorded myself playing the SFC version of Tales of Phantasia with a keyboard. Got up to the second dungeon.

I hate playing Tales games with a keyboard. So terrible. Should've bought a controller for that, or used the driver for the PS3 controller. So silly of me.

Say Schala, why didn't you get the PC ver. of DmC? It's the definate ver. of the game and I personally am waiting for it to go for $20 or less right now.
Because I have a crappy little laptop to work with! Hahaha (nah, it's not crappy; it's alright--I just don't like that it has 4 GB of RAM and I can't change it). One day when I get a decent computer, maybe then... wait, no. I don't really want to buy DmC again.

I did pay $20 for this copy of DmC so I'm not too troubled about it.

BlackGAF has a podcast. Beef is on there, sometimes. So SonicGAF already has star power.
Beef never said anything about this.

Tizoc

I'm still waiting for the Asura's Wrath DLC to go on sale on EU PSN =/

Plans for today:
Get 100 push ups done
Put time into da PSTriple
Read some comics
Double check the Worlds Collide OT
Make sure I go to bed by 11 PM

OMG Aero

wtf would a SonicGAF podcast even talk about?
It would be about whatever PersonaGAF's podcast is about, considering the three most recent Persona games have consisted of two remakes and a fighting game that is coming out in May came out last year and the next true Persona game is a white whale that won't be out until like 2015.

FreeMufasa

Sonic rules, mario drools. Penshot.

I was wondering where sonic community was. Anyone know what happened to the rumoured next sonic game? Thought it was gonna be announced in feb

Tizoc

If there's any new Sonic game in development I wouldn't be surprised if SEGA kept all its details under wraps and are developing it for next gen. I'll just wait for the PC ver. in this case.

Tizoc

I'm just hoping they don't fuck up the next major console game and kill the good momentum Sonic's been building...

TBH, I really find the 'Sonic Cycle' meme to be what's the word...'an outdate/pointless meme'. The recent Sonic Games have been pretty good, but I won't have high expectations for a new one until it's out.

If anything SEGA should outsource the development of a new Sonic game to another dev, like say Gaijin Games, have them release a 2D Sonic game for PC, Steam, etc. for like $15-20.

Quackula

TBH, I really find the 'Sonic Cycle' meme to be what's the word...'an outdate/pointless meme'. The recent Sonic Games have been pretty good, but I won't have high expectations for a new one until it's out.

If anything SEGA should outsource the development of a new Sonic game to another dev, like say Gaijin Games, have them release a 2D Sonic game for PC, Steam, etc. for like $15-20.

Sonic Cycle hasn't been a thing since Colors.

Heh. You're never going to hear me speak.
I bet you sound like Cream the Rabbit.

I just finished Asura's Wrath.

BJ3sz.gif

This might retroactively be my GOTY 2012.
I told you things would get even to even holier levels of shit! err, the good kind that is.

I going to take this opportunity to say that Udon are translating the art book for it and I couldn't be more thrilled, I really love the art in the game.
Also another Monster Hunter one covering Tri stuff, they're after my money.

Oh and an updated Mega Man one as well seeing as this place is like the alternative MM community thread, i've already got the one for Classic so i'll give it a miss, still i'd love that MM9 art in particular.

I wish more companies got their various art books out of Japan, i'm a sucker for this stuff.

I would love to see more retrospective/art type stuff like Hyrule Historia. Just imagine something like that for Castlevania or something...

Hyrule Historia was such a tease, now I know Nintendo could do the same for Mario and much more.

Castlevania would be the nuts, it's had quite a bunch of varied artstyles so it would be fun to see them all lined up alongside each other, sans Judgement of course.
Concept stuff really intrigues me, there's a thread right now in gaming side showing some early character concepts if you haven't seen it yet, I never knew the original ideas for Rufus in SF4 were so vastly superior to what we got, therein lies the curse of concept art, the superior stuff left aside to never be used.

I don't think I've actually seen the Sonic cycle brought up since Colors' release. The last variation I remember seeing was the one of Sonic's Colors render literally smashing through the cycle.

Quackula

Hyrule Historia was such a tease, now I know Nintendo could do the same for Mario and much more.
We kinda got one for Mario in that Mario Mania Nintendo Power guide thing from ages ago. It was mostly a guide to Super Mario World, but it had a large retrospective of the entire Mario franchise.

qq more

I don't think I've actually seen the Sonic cycle brought up since Colors' release. The last variation I remember seeing was the one of Sonic's Colors render literally smashing through the cycle.

I remember that. This was still around the time I didn't play Colors and I was kind of skeptical about the game. Really really glad I gave it a try since all my friends told me it was good!

Tizoc

Sonic Universe #50
SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD! Don't kill him off Ian, don't kill him off!
Great issue though, hope we get to see more of Metal Sonic's new persona during Worlds Collide.

2r2jd8P.jpg

Oh and based on the last page of SU #50 I think WC will feature a few comic characters in it.

RobbieNick

Sonic Universe #50
SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD! Don't kill him off Ian, don't kill him off!
Great issue though, hope we get to see more of Metal Sonic's new persona during Worlds Collide.

2r2jd8P.jpg

Oh and based on the last page of SU #50 I think WC will feature a few comic characters in it.

He was badly damaged at the end, but he wasn't dead. Glad to see we finally got a badass Metal Sonic again instead of these disposable ones they've been giving us.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Oh, that Off-Panel made me chuckle. Can't wait to pick it up tomorrow.

@Sciz: How's work on the banners coming along (nah, you're probably busy).

I bet you sound like Cream the Rabbit.
My voice can be high-pitched but not that high-pitched. If I were to ever record my voice, it'd be somewhere between my normal speaking voice and my higher-pitched register.

They're holding it back, Sonic 5 PS4 launch title

developed by DIMPS
Oh, you are the worst.

wtf would a SonicGAF podcast even talk about?
Mario.

Plans for today:
Get 100 push ups done
I got my workout done today and I'm pretty proud of it. My legs feel much better for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom