• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the hell is the BlackGAF podcast about

"So... still black?"
*rolls up sleeves*
"Yep, looks like it"

don't kill me
Unlike Knuckles I do chuckle, I think you'll be spared a wig splitting.

TjqdJ.gif

Noi

PAX East 2013 done. Had a great time, wish I could do trips like these more often. ♥

I played a bunch of capcom stuff surprisingly despite my overall disinterest. It helped that they had the most swag to give out.

BlackJace

PAX East 2013 done. Had a great time, wish I could do trips like these more often. ♥

I played a bunch of capcom stuff surprisingly despite my overall disinterest. It helped that they had the most swag to give out.

I will go next year, hopefully. I had to give away my ticket to a friend when something came up, preventing me from going :p

Kokonoe

Banned
On the podcast we'd have interesting topics such as which anthromorph would look the best as a human, how we need a story like Sonic 2006 again except with modern gameplay, and last not but least, how SEGA is destroying the franchise because they won't strike a deal to have a Sonic and Naruto crossover where Shadow gains the Sharingan.

On the podcast we'd have interesting topics such as which anthromorph would look the best as a human, how we need a story like Sonic 2006 again except with modern gameplay, and last not but least, how SEGA is destroying the franchise because they won't strike a deal to have a Sonic and Naruto crossover where Shadow gains the Sharingan.

1310473355.jpg

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess

I hope you brought cool stuff back for me! No, not the stupid Lightning Returns poster. No one wants that.

(I'm kidding; keep all your stuff.)

I wish I had a reaction gif for this, but I don't.

My facial expression is showing extreme disapproval. :/

I'm not being serious; I hope you know that. D:

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
These things take too darn long to make.
Wow, that looks great, Sciz! Tons of colour, as predicted.

Thanks! Will edit that in as well. Edit: done.

Looking forward to the other ones. I can't do Photoshop to save my life, so I appreciate it.

Remind me
not
to have you on the podcast. :p

But seriously, it'd just be about games and shit. Obviously front load it with some Sonic stuff- I know news has been slow lately, but there's always comic talk, right?

Luigi's Mansion is so good, like amazing.

The new one or the original?

Just stopped during area 4 of the original, man, fuck Boolossus, It has to be one of my most loathed bosses in all of videogames, STOP FLEEING FROM MY ICE!
I spent more time on the last Boo than the other 14 or so combined.
But anyway replaying this has really got me ready for the new one, I forgot just how unique this game is.

BlackJace

The new one or the original?

Just stopped during area 4 of the original, man, fuck Boolossus, It has to be one of my most loathed bosses in all of videogames, STOP FLEEING FROM MY ICE!
I spent more time on the last Boo than the other 14 or so combined.
But anyway replaying this has really got me ready for the new one, I forgot just how unique this game is.

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the new one. It's so nice to finally have a sequel after all these years, it a fantastic game.

Boolossus is such a pain to defeat. I replayed the game again for Halloween last year and I remember having such extreme difficulty simply beating the boss, let alone get something higher than a bronze painting.

For the record, I think I did manage to get a gold painting on him when I did when. I think the planets must have aligned or something.

qq more

I'm so sick of the Classic VS Modern debates

lets all say theyre both good in their own rights and leave it at that

I mean

really

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I believe that this is my first post in this thread, but I've noticed a revelation of sorts. I'm 33 years old, I grew up on Mario as I had the Nintendo consoles growing up. I played Sega with friends and family. I've always thought Sonic was a cool game. Now, I'm a step-father to a four year old boy and he prefer Sonic to Mario. I bought him a 3DS for Christmas with Super Mario 3D Land already installed on it. Additionally, he played Mario Kart with me and with others so he is familiar with Koopa and Luigi and others. However, he prefers the Sonic game with 1-3 on there.

Fast forward to whatever Steam sale with Sonic Generations came out. As with all other games, from Halo to Persona 4, he always asks to play. I figure, it's Sonic, he got first run with the game so we both went into it blind. I've seen Green Hill Zone forever but for his first time, it was the craziest thing to go from 2D to 3D and then back. It, for lack of a better term, made me feel like a kid so imagine a four year old, who is very good at a 360 controller, flying through levels.

Next, I get most racers but missed out of the first Sonic karting game. When Sonic All-Star Racing Transformed comes out on Steam in January, we get it and we both fall in love. I'm already on record on GAF for saying its the greatest karting game ever.

Not wanting to make it a Sonic vs Mario post but it's interesting seeing this happen through the eyes of a four year old. He can play Mario quite well but whenever he plays Sonic, he always says 'Cool! or Awesome!' Its a beautiful thing. He can't consume enough Sonic now, I've bought Sonic Adventure 1 from Amazon for him on PC. His favorite character though is Tails.

Anyways, given that this is a Sonic thread, I thought I'd leave word that at least there is one little boy from the next generation is following in everyone's footsteps here.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Awesome, heartwarming post.
This is the gosh darn sweetest post I've read in a while. It brought tears to my eyes, not because of the Sonic part of it, but because you seem like you're a great step-dad and you care a lot of about your stepson.

And for the record, we talk about Mario a lot in here, so it's not an either-or sort of affair in this thread. But thank you for making me smile. It was an utter delight to read your story.

Oh, I thought you were gonna agree with him or something

Glad to see you're fighting the good fight
I wholeheartedly disagree with him.

Tizoc

I'm noticing a lot of greyed out user names, what's the cause of all this banning?

BTW, I'm gonna be busy this Tuesday and Wednesday sadly, so I'll prob. put up the Worlds Collide thread either by Thurs or Friday, or if you guys want 1 week before the storyline begins.

TheOGB

Banned
I'm noticing a lot of greyed out user names, what's the cause of all this banning?

BTW, I'm gonna be busy this Tuesday and Wednesday sadly, so I'll prob. put up the Worlds Collide thread either by Thurs or Friday, or if you guys want 1 week before the storyline begins.
Where, in the manliness thread? That's the only "concentrated" place I've noticed, and it's probably because of people not reading the OP

edit: the power of kinect

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Schala, watch your language!

...Oh wait, you did. Sorry.
I was just so gosh darn happy because of that post. It made me smile.

That's fine! Gives Sciz more time to work on the banners. It's up to you as to when you want to post it.

Bean and I are looking forward to it!

Tizoc

I was just so gosh darn happy because of that post. It made me smile.

That's fine! Gives Sciz more time to work on the banners. It's up to you as to when you want to post it.

Bean and I are looking forward to it!
Wicked, so we have 2 options atm:
Put up the thread 1 week before the 1st issue releases

Put up the thread earlier so that those interested can catch up and be ready for the story

I believe that this is my first post in this thread, but I've noticed a revelation of sorts. I'm 33 years old, I grew up on Mario as I had the Nintendo consoles growing up. I played Sega with friends and family. I've always thought Sonic was a cool game. Now, I'm a step-father to a four year old boy and he prefer Sonic to Mario. I bought him a 3DS for Christmas with Super Mario 3D Land already installed on it. Additionally, he played Mario Kart with me and with others so he is familiar with Koopa and Luigi and others. However, he prefers the Sonic game with 1-3 on there.

Fast forward to whatever Steam sale with Sonic Generations came out. As with all other games, from Halo to Persona 4, he always asks to play. I figure, it's Sonic, he got first run with the game so we both went into it blind. I've seen Green Hill Zone forever but for his first time, it was the craziest thing to go from 2D to 3D and then back. It, for lack of a better term, made me feel like a kid so imagine a four year old, who is very good at a 360 controller, flying through levels.

Next, I get most racers but missed out of the first Sonic karting game. When Sonic All-Star Racing Transformed comes out on Steam in January, we get it and we both fall in love. I'm already on record on GAF for saying its the greatest karting game ever.

Not wanting to make it a Sonic vs Mario post but it's interesting seeing this happen through the eyes of a four year old. He can play Mario quite well but whenever he plays Sonic, he always says 'Cool! or Awesome!' Its a beautiful thing. He can't consume enough Sonic now, I've bought Sonic Adventure 1 from Amazon for him on PC. His favorite character though is Tails.

Anyways, given that this is a Sonic thread, I thought I'd leave word that at least there is one little boy from the next generation is following in everyone's footsteps here.

Awwww *.*

ban him from deviantART

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom