• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, dem Bioshock Infinite reviews. GOTY? Hopefully(sorry, Raiden)
I'll be trusting your judgement on its shootbang quality mr essential FPS, returning to Rapture left a sour taste that I did not expect, but this does look to be pretty damn good, though i'm far from in a rush to try it and it ain't just because i'm cheap, though that is like 75% of the reason.

Speaking of Raiden and his raspy ripper rage, I just finished that up earlier, yeah it was pretty good, i'm not sure what was going on at the end, it was like the expected Kojima nonsense bred with stock Platinum plotlines and created an oddly entertaining monster of sheer "what?".
I thought I grasped parrying but nearing the end either the timing got more super duper strict or I just got super duper shit, maybe both.

The most impressive thing here is that I don't completely hate Raiden here, oh hooray, he still looks like an absolute pillock in his standard getup to me though, call me crazy but the sort of effeminate pretty boy version from the intro doesn't look half as silly to me.
Well next time I play i'll be shoving on the Grey Fox skin anyway so problem solved.

Why are they such serious business? This ain't no shippin' wars.
Unless you're talking about sales, it's like another type of shipping war.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Hmmm... I'm trying to see whether or not you were blown away by the game, Nocturnowl, but that reads like a "it's alllllll riiiiiight" post, which is good enough!

Also, my eyes cannot keep up with this. I don't care if he used skills. 2fast4me, makes me want to turn in my controller, etc.

Hmmm... I'm trying to see whether or not you were blown away by the game, Nocturnowl, but that reads like a "it's alllllll riiiiiight" post, which is good enough!

Problem with finishing these sort of games on normal mode is the nagging feeling that you've barely even scratched the surface, it's almost like a hollow completion at this stage, only if I return from hard mode can I have a more formed opinion.
Camera issues aside the game has a nice feel overall to how it plays, some stuff seemed to be there just because it said Metal Gear on the box, otherwise the game is basically a pure platinum style game in style, mostly in plot and characters, unfortunately those last few things are typically lacklustre in their games and this isn't really an exception.
But yeah it is alllll riiiiight.

That's not the only pretty short game I finished today, my Luigi's Mansion replay is done, I'll have to put my thoughts in the monthly challenge thread in a minute.
Now I can get back to being consumed by Monster Hunter, my creed to disallow remakes or enhanced ports being my GotY prevents this from being my GotY so far, so if you read between the lines here i'm saying it's the nuts.

I'm assuming that player is Japanese.

How do Japanese players get so amazing at these games?

They just break the damn things apart. Poor games.

I'm assuming that player is Japanese.

How do Japanese players get so amazing at these games?

Funny thing; one of the better Doom UV-Max speedrunners I know of on YouTube, tatsurdcacocaco? Japanese. It's not even a game that was ever that popular in Japan...

Funny thing; one of the better Doom UV-Max speedrunners I know of on YouTube, tatsurdcacocaco? Japanese. It's not even a game that was ever that popular in Japan...

Exactly, that's what I'm talking about.

You have to be obsessed to do the kind of things these guys do.

Hours upon hours of playing nothing but one game doing all kinds of stupid shit to see what works.

Crazy.

dn5Ai3g.png

Next time on Game Grumps...

ohhh noooo

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
But sobatsuyu100 already beat Kakipi1000 on that level at the moment. :p
I'm handing my controller in. I can't.

Dario, if you've got any nifty speedruns sittin' around that people probably aren't going to easily see, post 'em if you'd like. I love watching this stuff.

Meccanical said:
I'm sure someone's done that to a game that you don't like. Hahaha.

Nocturnowl said:
Problem with finishing these sort of games on normal mode is the nagging feeling that you've barely even scratched the surface, it's almost like a hollow completion at this stage, only if I return from hard mode can I have a more formed opinion.
Camera issues aside the game has a nice feel overall to how it plays, some stuff seemed to be there just because it said Metal Gear on the box, otherwise the game is basically a pure platinum style game in style, mostly in plot and characters, unfortunately those last few things are typically lacklustre in their games and this isn't really an exception.
But yeah it is alllll riiiiight.
Yes, I figured that you came away with that impression. That's how Rising feels; you need to play more and more of it to break through the surface and perfect your technique (parrying, perfect parries, etc).

Camera issues and some of the stealth stuff being there were some of my issues too.

But my question is... what'd you think of the music?

Tizoc

500x_imperialhot.jpg

Farewell sir.

Hey someone was gonna post it eventually!

EDIT: Hmm can we expect to see a new SEGA financial report soon as well, seeing as S-E's is available?

Tizoc

THANK GOD.

Like I said in the thread for it, I wonder what underperformed. Has to be something released recently...

Well Tomb Raider sold well in UK/Europe at least, but I don't think it was counted, at least for the time being.

I would like to put SOME blame on that tech demo they made...ya know the one they spent 1 year or some such to make.

BTW I'm reading Chi's new home at work and my god this manga is adorable X3

edit: Hold up when SEGA were in the red last year how much were their losses? S-E's come at $105,000,000 I think.

Tizoc

Versus XIII to be released tomorrow.
Kingdom Hearts III PS4 launch title.
Final Fantasy VII Remake greenlit.

Ya know how Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed was SEGA's top selling title recently?

Square-Eidos All-But-Final-Fantasy-and-Dragon-Quest-in-Japn-Only-Stars Racing...or Brawling.

Square Enix isn't safe until Toriyama is put out on his arse and Lord Nomura-sama, Jupiter and h.a.n.d. ascend to heaven and that triumvirate grace us with a thousand years of beltzippered light.

Kokonoe

Banned
I was speaking for the people, I am the voice of the Sonic fanbase.
absolutely not

I wish I had a reaction gif for this, but I don't.

My facial expression is showing extreme disapproval. :/

I'm not being serious; I hope you know that. D:

Yups, I sure do. No worries.

Remind me
not
to have you on the podcast. :p

But seriously, it'd just be about games and shit. Obviously front load it with some Sonic stuff- I know news has been slow lately, but there's always comic talk, right?

That's a shame, then I couldn't talk about how Amy and Shadow could.............okay I can't take the joke that far. I'm going to go brush my teeth and then wash my hands.
o_O I don't know if I would ever chat with crazies like you amigo, no offense.
In fact I don't think I can continue a discussion of Shadow getting the Sharingan.

It's amiga, amigo.

Yes, I figured that you came away with that impression. That's how Rising feels; you need to play more and more of it to break through the surface and perfect your technique (parrying, perfect parries, etc).

Camera issues and some of the stealth stuff being there were some of my issues too.

But my question is... what'd you think of the music?
The stealth I didn't mind so much but lets face it, the implementation isn't exactly stellar, getting sort of chewed out for being spotted seems kind of funny considering the actual genre of the game.

Now I want to say that i'm all for this soundtrack, I do really like how it implements the lyrics in boss battle themes during the moments that you start bringing it, the themes are also suitably pumping up and another example of the good kind of cheese. Yet as of right now I really can't recall any of the music off the top of my head so I need to give the soundtrack a proper listen.
Though I can't imagine holding it as high as most here do just because the style in itself is one which I simply like but don't love. It's good though that's for sure.

with mandatory touch screen shapes drawn for even the most basic ATTACK functions

Also, Crono voice acting by Nolan North
It's all about Troy Baker these days, Nolan North is yesterdays news.
Or maybe, maybe it could have both!

Broach

Banned
I'm happy Sega with doing well, and SE falling apart.

There was a time between 2004-07 were Sega actually seemed weaker than Konami, Capcom and SE.

Broach

Banned
It's funny how Sonic Unleashed Towns and NPC's are superior to most of the stuff that Square has brought out in that regard...

HD Towns are expensive

Evidently I missed some big-ass news about Squenix. (And no, not some big ass-news.)

Also, Nolan North should voice Crono, but use his Bombinomicon voice from Scream Fortress 2012. OhboythisisgonnabetheBEST

He'll also voice Magus, using his Merasmus voice - shockingly good Vincent Price impersonation, I swear. ("CRONO! YOU WERE THE WOOOOOORST ROOOOOOMMAAAAAAATE!")

qq more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom