• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

On the podcast we'd have interesting topics such as which anthromorph would look the best as a human, how we need a story like Sonic 2006 again except with modern gameplay, and last not but least, how SEGA is destroying the franchise because they won't strike a deal to have a Sonic and Naruto crossover where Shadow gains the Sharingan.

I'm in!

Tizoc

I believe that this is my first post in this thread, but I've noticed a revelation of sorts. I'm 33 years old, I grew up on Mario as I had the Nintendo consoles growing up. I played Sega with friends and family. I've always thought Sonic was a cool game. Now, I'm a step-father to a four year old boy and he prefer Sonic to Mario. I bought him a 3DS for Christmas with Super Mario 3D Land already installed on it. Additionally, he played Mario Kart with me and with others so he is familiar with Koopa and Luigi and others. However, he prefers the Sonic game with 1-3 on there.

Fast forward to whatever Steam sale with Sonic Generations came out. As with all other games, from Halo to Persona 4, he always asks to play. I figure, it's Sonic, he got first run with the game so we both went into it blind. I've seen Green Hill Zone forever but for his first time, it was the craziest thing to go from 2D to 3D and then back. It, for lack of a better term, made me feel like a kid so imagine a four year old, who is very good at a 360 controller, flying through levels.

Next, I get most racers but missed out of the first Sonic karting game. When Sonic All-Star Racing Transformed comes out on Steam in January, we get it and we both fall in love. I'm already on record on GAF for saying its the greatest karting game ever.

Not wanting to make it a Sonic vs Mario post but it's interesting seeing this happen through the eyes of a four year old. He can play Mario quite well but whenever he plays Sonic, he always says 'Cool! or Awesome!' Its a beautiful thing. He can't consume enough Sonic now, I've bought Sonic Adventure 1 from Amazon for him on PC. His favorite character though is Tails.

Anyways, given that this is a Sonic thread, I thought I'd leave word that at least there is one little boy from the next generation is following in everyone's footsteps here.

That was great to read =) Just an FYI, that Greenmangaming.com has various classic Sonic & SEGA games on sale for PC/Steam, but the sale ends in like 6 or so hours. They have a code that lets you get them for cheaper too. Consider it if your main gaming system is the PC ;3

On the podcast we'd have interesting topics such as which anthromorph would look the best as a human, how we need a story like Sonic 2006 again except with modern gameplay, and last not but least, how SEGA is destroying the franchise because they won't strike a deal to have a Sonic and Naruto crossover where Shadow gains the Sharingan.

o_O I don't know if I would ever chat with crazies like you amigo, no offense.
In fact I don't think I can continue a discussion of Shadow getting the Sharingan.

Sciz

I have things to do.

Why am I awake at 3:30 in the morning photoshopping banners.

worldscollide_megamanixab2.png

Wicked, so we have 2 options atm:
Put up the thread 1 week before the 1st issue releases

Put up the thread earlier so that those interested can catch up and be ready for the story

Stick with the standard one week |OT| lead time.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I have things to do.

Why am I awake at 3:30 in the morning photoshopping banners.
Edited in! Thanks; looks great, Sciz. Very impressed.

Go to bed. I'm going to sleep now because I have to lecture a class later.

Stick with the standard one week |OT| lead time.
Yeah, I fear the thread would get either get forgotten or locked if you posted it too soon.

Plus it's Easter week so people will be busy.

Sciz

Edited in! Thanks; looks great, Sciz. Very impressed.

Go to bed. I'm going to sleep now because I have to lecture a class later.

Bah, you caught it before I finished brightening Cossack up. Swap it out, if you would.

edit: much obliged. Just because his character arc's dark doesn't mean he needs to be.

Tizoc

1 week it is then~ ...and in case I accidentally (though hopefully not) get banned the thread'd be ready for any of you two to post it XP.

So wait Easter is on the 31st this year? How long would it last, just 1 day?

BlackJace

"In case I get banned"

Boy have I had that feeling sometimes. I'd like to think I post fine, but you never know how a mod feels.
I'm actually surprised I haven't been banned, with me being active on GAF for more than a year now.

Good luck with the comic OT, you three (or was it four :p)

P.S. Yeah Easter is on the 31st this year, Tizoc.

Ferr986

Anyways, given that this is a Sonic thread, I thought I'd leave word that at least there is one little boy from the next generation is following in everyone's footsteps here.

That was an awesome read, Agent.

My little cousin is also a fan of Sonic. It reminds me of myself when I was a kid.

I have yet to be banned, and I post some off-the-wall shit from time to time

Also, dem Bioshock Infinite reviews. GOTY? Hopefully(sorry, Raiden)

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
1 week it is then~ ...and in case I accidentally (though hopefully not) get banned the thread'd be ready for any of you two to post it XP.

So wait Easter is on the 31st this year? How long would it last, just 1 day?
Well, Good Friday, Easter Sunday, etc. Some people might be busy with family, etc.

I don't think you'd be banned by then! lol, it doesn't seem likely.

Tizoc

So now that SEGA got the Warhammer 40K license, Space Marine is now a SEGA property, hope to see it go on a big discount/sale soon on PS3, I want the Season Pass already lol.

Given that Warhammer 40K is a Sega property (well, no, it's a Games Workshop property that Sega's licensing, but still), and Total War is a Sega property, we need a Total Warhammer 40K

qq more

He's got a point. qq more is like the weirdest of weird.
So what if I'm a Stoutland The It's No Use Luvdisc Mustache thing...? YOU'RE A RING MAN WITH A LIGHTNING HEAD!!! YEAH... take that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe that this is my first post in this thread, but I've noticed a revelation of sorts. I'm 33 years old, I grew up on Mario as I had the Nintendo consoles growing up. I played Sega with friends and family. I've always thought Sonic was a cool game. Now, I'm a step-father to a four year old boy and he prefer Sonic to Mario. I bought him a 3DS for Christmas with Super Mario 3D Land already installed on it. Additionally, he played Mario Kart with me and with others so he is familiar with Koopa and Luigi and others. However, he prefers the Sonic game with 1-3 on there.

Fast forward to whatever Steam sale with Sonic Generations came out. As with all other games, from Halo to Persona 4, he always asks to play. I figure, it's Sonic, he got first run with the game so we both went into it blind. I've seen Green Hill Zone forever but for his first time, it was the craziest thing to go from 2D to 3D and then back. It, for lack of a better term, made me feel like a kid so imagine a four year old, who is very good at a 360 controller, flying through levels.

Next, I get most racers but missed out of the first Sonic karting game. When Sonic All-Star Racing Transformed comes out on Steam in January, we get it and we both fall in love. I'm already on record on GAF for saying its the greatest karting game ever.

Not wanting to make it a Sonic vs Mario post but it's interesting seeing this happen through the eyes of a four year old. He can play Mario quite well but whenever he plays Sonic, he always says 'Cool! or Awesome!' Its a beautiful thing. He can't consume enough Sonic now, I've bought Sonic Adventure 1 from Amazon for him on PC. His favorite character though is Tails.

That's a really nice story! It's always nice to hear about kids playing games we've grew up with. My cousin's son really likes Sonic too, and he's also a DBZ fan (and he apparently knows a lot of the show too!).

o_O I don't know if I would ever chat with crazies like you amigo, no offense.
In fact I don't think I can continue a discussion of Shadow getting the Sharingan.
She's not being serious! Yeesh!

"In case I get banned"

Boy have I had that feeling sometimes. I'd like to think I post fine, but you never know how a mod feels.
I'm actually surprised I haven't been banned, with me being active on GAF for more than a year now.
Hahaha, yeah I'm kind of shocked I've never even been close to getting banned. Then again I've been careful of what I type. I tend to sound a little rude to people when I get annoyed but I've been trying to fix that lately (and it isn't going too well).

I was pretty upset (though not offended, just fed up) with the generalizations certain people made in that Sonic thread last night. I mean yes, we know there's a lot of fucked up Sonic fans... but to tell people to "deal with it" after upsetting them for things they didn't do is just plain fuckin rude.

I'm also kinda surprised I haven't been banned yet.
Really? You always seem one of the more cool-headed people in the forums. Nothing you've said ever seems close to something ban-worthy, IMHO.

I just wanna come here and say that you people are the exact type of Sonic fans that I like.
Thank you! :D

Tizoc

That reminds me...
SEGA are releasing a new Football game in Japan for PSVita and PS3, apparently it's of the same genre as Football Manager (which is among SEGA's top selling franchise).
This makes me wonder if SEGA of Japan and SEGA USA/Europe rarely see eye to eye on releasing certain products.

Broach

Banned
That reminds me...
SEGA are releasing a new Football game in Japan for PSVita and PS3, apparently it's of the same genre as Football Manager (which is among SEGA's top selling franchise).
This makes me wonder if SEGA of Japan and SEGA USA/Europe rarely see eye to eye on releasing certain products.

It's not sure if it's a footy game yet. Just people guessing negatively.

And yeah SEGA West and Sega Japan are kinda like 2 different companies almost.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I was pretty upset (though not offended, just fed up) with the generalizations certain people made in that Sonic thread last night. I mean yes, we know there's a lot of fucked up Sonic fans... but to tell people to "deal with it" after upsetting them for things they didn't do is just plain fuckin rude.
Aha, well, you know I was upset and said some things last night as well. If you need to say something, just say it elsewhere.

To that end, I'm a little surprised I haven't been banned yet. But that's because I generally think twice before I post something. "Will this post make me sound like an idiot? Is the information in this post substantial enough to post? Is this merely a series of rants from by an angry woman? Perhaps I shouldn't post this." That's what I generally do prior to posting.

Honestly, I spend more time on Preview Post than I do when I initially construct the post.

I just wanna come here and say that you people are the exact type of Sonic fans that I like.
Welcome!

Relic, the VC team and Creative Assembly having a close chemistry would be amazing.
Dreams Come True.

Sciz

Despite GAF's reputation, people aren't actually banned at the drop of a hat unless they're explicitly breaking a rule or being a spectacular idiot.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
The day Schala is banned would be really weird.
I can be banned if I lose my head and post something incredibly stupid. No one's immune to it.

Despite GAF's reputation, people aren't actually banned at the drop of a hat unless they're explicitly breaking a rule or being a spectacular idiot.
Yes, and sometimes it's a result of a buildup of past violations sometimes. If you adhere to the ToS and think before you post, you will more than likely not be banned. Just cool off before you post if you're annoyed. Step away from the keyboard and just remember that it's only a message board and you're only talking about video games.

Y'all are goody two shoes.
So are you. That last ban didn't count.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
What, are you a mod now?
How could you! D:

Nah, I just thought it was a silly reason. I remember when we were all speculating too, lol.

...so what's going on in the Sonic Character Design thread on Gaming Side? I don't think I wanna look.
Don't.

I actually really liked that interview. It was just interesting how they came up with the premise behind the game.

(Yes.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom