• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

qq more

Oh god this thread! I'm dying of laughter!

Why do I have the feeling this has something to do with Sonic 4...
It is. He was perm-banned after going nuts about Sonic's eyes in Sonic 4. He was soooo happy about the green eyes for... whatever reason.

Someone who was defensive about green eyes during the NeoGAF dark ages. (also had a mild obsession about it)

He also went a little crazy over Sonic smiling as proof he was a model and not a pre-render sprite. :lol

He was actually an okay dude, I've talked to him before and he was rather normal... he was just too excited for Sonic I guess.

Someone who was defensive about green eyes during the NeoGAF dark ages. (also had a mild obsession about it)

Oh god this thread! I'm dying of laughter!

It is. He was perm-banned after going nuts about Sonic's eyes in Sonic 4. He was soooo happy about the green eyes for... whatever reason.

He also went a little crazy over Sonic smiling as proof he was a model and not a pre-render sprite. :lol

He was actually an okay dude, I've talked to him before and he was rather normal... he was just too excited for Sonic I guess.

Unless he writes lemony fanfiction, he can't be too bad...=P

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Dahbomb?! C'mon man. :/

If the PS3 was an option, I would suggest Ratchet and Clank. Well I'll still suggest Ratchet and Clank! I didn't play those other 3 systems near enough to know jack.

Play Kirby Collection, nothing beats those games in sure colorful explosion of colors, sounds, colors, brightish colors, music and of course COLOR!
Ahaha. I have a R&C game kickin' around here for PSP somewhere, I'm sure.

Kirby Collection is in the pile now! Thanks.

If Wii Virtual Console is an option, Dynamite Headdy is a colorful, hilariously entertaining game. Monster World IV comes to mind, too.
Added Dynamite Headdy, thank you! Unsure with regards to MW4 since I might get that for PS3 instead... hrm.

If it helps MHX has a short film that he might find entertaining to watch. Assuming you've unlocked it and all, though.
I'll get him to try out MHX again. And Powered-Up while I'm at it.

Noi

colorful stuff I could come up with that hasn't been mentioned already

DS -
Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure
Okamiden
Wii -
Dokapon Kingdom (If you want to ruin your relationship with your brother)
Rhythm Heaven Fever
Sin & Punishment: Star Successor
PSP -
Gurumin
Half Minute Hero
Every Ys game

Dat Bioshock Infinite final few hours...

i1pgiAho0IlWJ.gif

(over and over again)

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
colorful stuff I could come up with that hasn't been mentioned already

DS -
Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure
Okamiden
Wii -
Dokapon Kingdom (If you want to ruin your relationship with your brother)
Rhythm Heaven Fever
Sin & Punishment: Star Successor
PSP -
Gurumin
Half Minute Hero
Every Ys game
Thanks, Noi!

Let's see... DS games sound good! I have both and he hasn't seen me play either one.

I don't have a copy of Dokapon Kingdom lying around here, but I'll see what I can do. We won't be able to play 2P games together because of certain circumstances. He just likes watching me play and gets a lot out of it. S&P2 sounds good, though! S&P2 is always good. Might have to pick up some Gravol depending on how tired I am, but I'll throw it in the pile.

As for the PSP games: Gurumin, hmm... I can't say I liked it very much at all. It's one of my least-favourite Falcom games next to the Zwei!! games, and I don't really want to play through something for him that'll feel like a chore, tbh. HMH is quick, and he might like the spritework. Oddly, I haven't tried an Ys game out on him. We'll have to see how that works! If I do try one, I'll go with Oath. I didn't like Seven that much, and Celceta improves on Seven's type of party gameplay.

Yo guys, how was your day?

Feels good to be on the TeamReal Wall of Victory :)
Aha, I forgot that Joakim thing was going on today.

My day was tiring. Then again, I was already tired! I might cool down with Mega Man Star Force tonight because I'm almost finished with it. One more day until the long weekend, and I am excited! I get to sleep! (I am probably not going to sleep.)

I'm still trippin on Bioshock Infinite's last few hours. Goddamn, what a conclusion. Middle section is kinda boring, and there's too many scavenging for shit, but my goodness...what a game. What a story.

Sorry Rising, you just gonna have to be happy with dat silver medal, baby.

I'm still trippin on Bioshock Infinite's last few hours. Goddamn, what a conclusion. Middle section is kinda boring, and there's too many scavenging for shit, but my goodness...what a game. What a story.

Sorry Rising, you just gonna have to be happy with dat silver medal, baby.

I'm still only up to
Finkton
so don't give away shit son; it's why I'm avoiding most of GAF at the moment too.

Besides kindly telling me if it's a better ending than Bioshocks (which isn't that much of an accomplishment, but I'm assuming you mean the endgame in general so).

As for the PSP games: Gurumin, hmm... I can't say I liked it very much at all. It's one of my least-favourite Falcom games next to the Zwei!! games, and I don't really want to play through something for him that'll feel like a chore, tbh. HMH is quick, and he might like the spritework. Oddly, I haven't tried an Ys game out on him. We'll have to see how that works! If I do try one, I'll go with Oath. I didn't like Seven that much, and Celceta improves on Seven's type of party gameplay.

I've been playing Gurumin in short bursts for the past week or so and I've been liking it a bit. Really nice atmosphere, good personality, the dialogue is pretty funny, the music is unmistakably Falcom, and Parin's a really neat character; she reminds me of Kat, actually. Only real problem with it (at times) is the camera, though it's not as big a problem as expected because I'm playing it on the Vita.

Also, I didn't like Half-Minute Hero. :p

TheOGB

Banned
I wanted to get into Bioshock but it just doesn't... entice me the way it "should".

Right now it's with Darksiders and Borderlands in series I wanted to give a shot but probably won't. (Actually, I wouldn't put Borderlands in that group because I'm a bit disgusted with Gearbox over the Aliens fiasco :/)

Does Infinite at least play better than it looked whenever it was shown at a convention?

edit: Oh hey, I'm still about halfway through Jet Set Radio *plays*

The gunplay/combat is a considerable improvement on Bioshock 1. Guns sound better, enemies react to your shots, AI will dodge and flank, and on Hard it's pretty damn challenging. I'm flying around stages on sky rails, using my different powers, kinda winging shit. The best battles are pretty dynamic, kinda flying by the seat of your pants shit.

It's fun.

Also, there's a mecha George Washington and Abe Lincolns with a chaingun, and when he runs it sounds like the chimes of the Liberty Bell.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Uhhh... Finished Bioshock Infinite. I don't know where to put this among my two already favorite games this year so far. Revegeance and FE are pretty amazing but they're amazing for the same reasons. Gameplay. While the gameplay in Infinite is pretty top notch stuff - it was really fun to shoot and kill in the game - the narrative is the draw. I'd say Infinite is "GO PLAY THIS RIGHT FUCKING NOW CUZ IT BLOWS FE AND REVENGEANCE OUT OF THE WATER!" type of game. It's really really really good and I'd say it's arguably the best game released this year so far and possibly the best narrative this generation. Possibly. You have to play this game.

Game music pops up in this topic a lot and I'd just like to say that Bioshock Infinite has three moments which are probably the best combinations of music, visuals, and atmosphere I've ever seen in a game. Early game spoilers
The ascent to Columbia, descending to the landing zone, and opening the doors to the town square
. At the risk of sounding hyperbolic I daresay the moments are downright transcendent.

Speaking of music, the soundtrack to that Before The Sequel fangame is fucking awesome. It's a shame I only learned about it when the Unleashed mod for Generations was released recently. Has the game been discussed here at all? I couldn't find a thread either.

The gunplay/combat is a considerable improvement on Bioshock 1. Guns sound better, enemies react to your shots, AI will dodge and flank, and on Hard it's pretty damn challenging. I'm flying around stages on sky rails, using my different powers, kinda winging shit. The best battles are pretty dynamic, kinda flying by the seat of your pants shit.

It's fun.
Considering how Bioshock 1 was like the unholy land of no selling splicers this actually means a great deal to me, my hype has actually increased a lot based on this alone.

I'm intrigued by what The Xtortionist says, I can't be highlighting those spoilers though.

Considering how Bioshock 1 was like the unholy land of no selling splicers this actually means a great deal to me, my hype has actually increased a lot based on this alone.

I'm intrigued by what The Xtortionist says, I can't be highlighting those spoilers though.

I don't get emotional at any form of entertainment but Infinite had a few moments that *almost* brought me to misty-eyed status. Not even because of the story, just what I was seeing mixed with what I was hearing. It just gave me the feels man. Simply must be experienced.

The music cues they pick in this game are pitch perfect, and the world building/art direction is second to none. It's one of those stories that after you beat it, you replay it with that ending in mind and appreciate how all the internal logic holds up. But on top of all that, it's also a very fun action game I fly off skyrails onto enemy aircrafts, hit them with Bucking Bronco(causing them to float), then Charge them off the level sending them careening into the abyss.

Also, if you have a PC that can play it, please do so. I have a GTX 560, and I was able to run it on a mixture of High/Very High, with V-Sync/Triple Buffering, at more or less 60fps throughout, and it's stunning. One of the most beautiful games I've ever seen.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
It's a shame that I can't play games that are in first-person perspective at all. They make me physically ill.

It's not like Super Mario Galaxy, Alpha Protocol, or Metal Gear Rising where I can just take a Gravol or rest a bit and push myself through the game. I just can't play it because it'll make me physically ill, period.

Speaking of music, the soundtrack to that Before The Sequel fangame is fucking awesome. It's a shame I only learned about it when the Unleashed mod for Generations was released recently. Has the game been discussed here at all? I couldn't find a thread either.
We talked about it in the first thread during SAGE (Sonic Amateur Games Expo), talked about the soundtrack a bit, Sega1991 reviewed it a bit for SAGE, I gave it a "GAF award" during SotY, and conversation about the soundtrack came up yet again when the mod was released. We didn't make a thread for it because we didn't think people cared enough? I guess? We just ended up discussing it in the community thread anyway.

If people want, we could try to throw up a thread for when After the Sequel is released because that's supposed to be better in the game level design/gameplay/soundtrack department. I was honestly thinking of waiting until SAGE 2013 to roll around for that, but whatever works.

BtS has a good soundtrack and the game's pretty good (has some small flaws here and there, but otherwise it's pretty darn accurate). I think people should try it out.

I've been playing Gurumin in short bursts for the past week or so and I've been liking it a bit. Really nice atmosphere, good personality, the dialogue is pretty funny, the music is unmistakably Falcom, and Parin's a really neat character; she reminds me of Kat, actually. Only real problem with it (at times) is the camera, though it's not as big a problem as expected because I'm playing it on the Vita.

Also, I didn't like Half-Minute Hero. :p
By contrast, Gurumin was one of the most boring Falcom games I've played. I don't mind that people like it, because I know they do since GAF recommended the game to me; but everything about that game is boring as heck. Just like the Zwei!! games: all it has going for it is its graphical style. The combat is so by-the-numbers that I become completely disengaged from the game. It is not what I expect from a Falcom ARPG at all (ie: a game designed around its gameplay and combat as opposed to a game designed around a character/story). I expect that from the Kiseki games, not from their ARPGs. I know they can do much better than that because they have.

I love HMH. :(

kayos90

The music cues they pick in this game are pitch perfect, and the world building/art direction is second to none. It's one of those stories that after you beat it, you replay it with that ending in mind and appreciate how all the internal logic holds up. But on top of all that, it's also a very fun action game I fly off skyrails onto enemy aircrafts, hit them with Bucking Bronco(causing them to float), then Charge them off the level sending them careening into the abyss.

Also, if you have a PC that can play it, please do so. I have a GTX 560, and I was able to run it on a mixture of High/Very High, with V-Sync/Triple Buffering, at more or less 60fps throughout, and it's stunning. One of the most beautiful games I've ever seen.

Yeah, PC is awesome. I run on Ultra at 60 fps and it's pretty stunning.

My SonicGaf Guild in Etrian Odyssey is weak; Grav keeps dying and Schala can't do damage for shit. At least Naoshi is one hell of a meat shield. Also Kokonoe is a loli dancer, just because.

I don't get emotional at any form of entertainment but Infinite had a few moments that *almost* brought me to misty-eyed status. Not even because of the story, just what I was seeing mixed with what I was hearing. It just gave me the feels man. Simply must be experienced.
I trust you Xtortionist even if this almost slips into Journey territory of life changing experience.

Damn you guys, I went from no hype, to kind of intrigued, and now i'm here hoping some of my friends who were planning to pick it up before Monster Hunter consumed them will get back to that original plan so I can borrow it shortly as i've purchased too many games this month already, and because i'm a cheap skate.

It's a shame that I can't play games that are in first-person perspective at all. They make me physically ill.

It's not like Super Mario Galaxy, Alpha Protocol, or Metal Gear Rising where I can just take a Gravol or rest a bit and push myself through the game. I just can't play it because it'll make me physically ill, period.

This is a damn shame, i've noticed a few people here on Gaf have issues with FPS games, at the risk of being intrusive what exactly is it that makes them hard to deal to play? I think someone once mentioned a form of motion sickness.

Oh hey that's a suitable tag there, though it opens the door for an "excuuuuse me princess" line in the future.

My SonicGaf Guild in Etrian Odyssey is weak; Grav keeps dying and Schala can't do damage for shit. At least Naoshi is one hell of a meat shield. Also Kokonoe is a loli dancer, just because.
I'm sure Koko is overjoyed about this turn of events.

kayos90

Fucking Bioshock Infinite is one of those games where it's not even a game. It's an interactive work of art. Fucking amazing. You don't play. You experience.

Guess Who

Banned
Fucking Bioshock Infinite is one of those games where it's not even a game. It's an interactive work of art. Fucking amazing. You don't play. You experience.

You're making it sound like Dear Esther or something like that - it's most certainly a game in the traditional sense. Just a fucking great one.

Tizoc

I'm feeling sleepy...and I wanna play Dragon's Dogma and/or Ni no Kuni before I go to bed ;.;

I'll watch some SF3 3S videos, maybe read X-Statix and prob. call it a night.

I'll check what you edited for the OT by tomorrow Schala~

kayos90

You're making it sound like Dear Esther or something like that - it's most certainly a game in the traditional sense. Just a fucking great one.

While it definitely follows and observes the rules of a traditional game I would say that it's designed and it's intention is to create an interactive experience that is more about feel than play.

I just played up to the ending for Infinite so I could finally talk about it and jesus christ that ending. Sure as hell beats the shit out of Bioshock one's goofy ass (and uncharacteristically CG) multiple endings.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
This is a damn shame, i've noticed a few people here on Gaf have issues with FPS games, at the risk of being intrusive what exactly is it that makes them hard to deal to play? I think someone once mentioned a form of motion sickness.

Oh hey that's a suitable tag there, though it opens the door for an "excuuuuse me princess" line in the future.
You wouldn't.

It certainly depends on what makes FPS games difficult to play. Sometimes it's the FOV. Sometimes it's the framerate. Sometimes it's the mere act of being in first-person: your eyes are telling your brain that you're moving, while your vestibular system is telling your brain that you're sitting perfectly still and not moving much at all. That creates a conflict in your head, and it makes some people nauseous. I get nauseous on amusement park rides or when I read in the car so I don't do it.

It's odd, because I can play first-person dungeon crawlers with little issues outside of the occasional Gravol.

It was nice knowing you, bro.

Also, you should know I like speed/assassin classes by now! I like it fast.

I'm feeling sleepy...and I wanna play Dragon's Dogma and/or Ni no Kuni before I go to bed ;.;

I'll check what you edited for the OT by tomorrow Schala~
Oh yeah, I should see if Sciz has the time to finish the banner. I know he's been busy and stuff lately.

As for Ni no Kuni: yeah, that's the perfect cure for insomnia. You may proceed with it.

I'm rather surprised Schala has a tag now. Wonder what topic spurred that one?
An accumulation of very verbose posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom