• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMG Aero

Real talk: Rhythm Thief is the evolution of the Space Channel series and they should make a Rhythm Thief 2 instead of another Space Channel game.

Sup Sonic-Gaf, that Unleashed mod made me want to revisit older 3D sonics and wow Sonic Heroes is pretty terribl-
It really is. There's a whole laundry list of things they did wrong. Controls that never seem to stop or start in any fashion as to feel natural. Horrible dialog forced upon you during the stages. Mandatory replays of the game in order to see the ending. Stages that go on for-eh-ver. Awful boss fights set up as chase sequences, with very little feedback as to whether or not you're hitting him correctly. Awful enemy gauntlet boss fights. It's an utter trainwreck.

Broach

Banned
Real talk: Rhythm Thief is the evolution of the Space Channel series and they should make a Rhythm Thief 2 instead of another Space Channel game.

Yeah...personally the Adventure aspect kinda ruins it, like someone said before. You can feel that Sonic Team was making the game.

I loved the style and music however alone. I want Sega to do new IP's tough, and I'm sure above all else they want to, too.

Tizoc

You all deny it, but you really do have such thoughts. It's OK it's not really a big deal.
Though I personally find Sonico much more delicious.
...and why can't I find a SFW image of this damn pink haired broad, yeesh...

qq more

You all deny it, but you really do have such thoughts. It's OK it's not really a big deal.
Though I personally find Sonico much more delicious.
...and why can't I find a SFW image of this damn pink haired broad, yeesh...

I would seriously prefer people to keep that kind of thing to themselves. Especially in this community. It's bad enough I had to deal with the constant creepiness from that one GAF sub community that I shall not name.

Tizoc

I'll never look at Tizoc the same way again

no wonder he always post those 3 hours of Melty Blood videos nobody watches

Hey I don't watch them either, most of the time.
Unless it's Nero cuz he'd be the character I would main if I could ever play that game.
I just post them for the few who would want a break from the FGC drama or to watch something other than SF4 or UMvC3.

For that matter I should start linking to SFxT matches starting next thread.

Village

Never been to PoliGAF nor does it interest me. You got the first two letters right though!
Im sorry but..

Hello sonic, my name is rainbow dash, your blue.

foghorn_leghorn.gif

I say.. say I say boy they are the same son.

Though admittedly I watch both these fan bases, they have the creep trophy, they even have cris chan v2 over there.

qq more

Im sorry but..

Hello sonic, my name is rainbow dash, your blue.

foghorn_leghorn.gif

I say.. say I say boy they are the same son.

Though admittedly I observer both these fan bases, they have the creep trophy, they even have cris chan v2 over there.

I'm talking about GAF sub communities, not the fan base in general. Sonic's fan base is really creepy but Sonic GAF is thankfully nothing like that.

Never been to PoliGAF nor does it interest me. You got the first two letters right though!
Yeah, I was afraid you meant PonyGAF.

From lurking there back around Seasons 1 and 2, they're really not that creepy, beyond the whole "hey we happen to like this one girl's show" aspect. Nothing even close to what Tizoc was posting. The creeps that keep getting highlighted in Off-Topic weird PonyGAF out just as much as it weirds everyone else.

Lijik

Popgaf Illuminati dont play son.

It really is. There's a whole laundry list of things they did wrong. Controls that never seem to stop or start in any fashion as to feel natural. Horrible dialog forced upon you during the stages. Mandatory replays of the game in order to see the ending. Stages that go on for-eh-ver. Awful boss fights set up as chase sequences, with very little feedback as to whether or not you're hitting him correctly. Awful enemy gauntlet boss fights. It's an utter trainwreck.

Agreed. Not to mention parts where no matter what you switch the camera to, you're fighting the poor angles more than you are the level design. I did like the Frog Forest stage though. That one was pretty neat.

PoisonGAF
PopStationGAF
PokéGAF (my current guess)
PoGAF (y'know, the Teletubbie!)
PoorGAF
PopeGAF
PoopGAF (ew)
PolandGAF (No, wait, it's clearly the Poles who draw your ire)

Some of these are probably fake

Agreed. Not to mention parts where no matter what you switch the camera to, you're fighting the poor angles more than you are the level design. I did like the Frog Forest stage though. That one was pretty neat.
Despite falling under the "no melody" complaint I had, "Frog Forest" somehow entrances me regardless because it kinda sounds like a long-lost song from the Spencer Nilsen Sonic CD soundtrack. Dunno, I think it's the guitars.

I figured I'd ask straight-out, so during the Q&A with Rein, I did. "Will UE4 run on the Wii U?"

"Hahaha no." Rein said, with expert comedic timing. The room erupted with laughter.

Yo
KuGsj.gif

The Wii-U is in a sorry-ass state, man

Emitan

I figured I'd ask straight-out, so during the Q&A with Rein, I did. "Will UE4 run on the Wii U?"

"Hahaha no." Rein said, with expert comedic timing. The room erupted with laughter.

Yo
KuGsj.gif

Sounds like Epic sucks at programming~

I have no idea how powerful the Wii U is

qq more

As long as we stay away from console bashing then I'm fine w/ it but if you guys aren't then okay i guess we shouldn't talk about it i mean yeah we should probably talk about something else lets talk about Sonic okay do you guys think Hill Top Zone music is good i think its good you haters oh shit i should get back to my MMBN4 playthrough i need to finish my 3rd game this month i hate this game fuck you capcom for making it so unfun who the fuck thinks these quests were a good idea like omg

Lijik

Yo
KuGsj.gif

Damn not even pulling the "Well if developers want to try and force it on there, they're welcome to but we won't" like he did with the Wii.
Did anyone ever even use UE3 on the wii?

As long as we stay away from console bashing then I'm fine w/ it but if you guys aren't then okay i guess we shouldn't talk about it i mean yeah we should probably talk about something else lets talk about Sonic okay do you guys think Hill Top Zone music is good i think its good you haters oh shit i should get back to my MMBN4 playthrough i need to finish my 3rd game this month i hate this game fuck you capcom for making it so unfun who the fuck thinks these quests were a good idea like omg

Naoshi I thought you knew that MMBN4 is everything that the series strove for.

Yo
KuGsj.gif

This is honestly the most hilarious thing I've read all week. :lol

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
My bro and I went through a few games and he was having a grand ol' time! I have to finish up getting his Easter gift tomorrow and other things, but this weekend's primarily for him.

Anyway wtf are you people doing in this thread?
qxBPctu.gif
(I am half-tired.)

OMG Aero said:
I TOLD YOU
If I recall correctly, if you're 6 episodes in then you are just about at the end of what I consider to be the low point of the game. The boss fights at the end of Part 1 are where the game starts to pick up then from Part 2 onwards it just gets better and better.
Hold up. That's the low point?!

Shit.

Shit!

As for the DLC, yup. Ahead of the curve. I should probably apply the patch to the game when I'm able to as well.

Yeah...personally the Adventure aspect kinda ruins it, like someone said before. You can feel that Sonic Team was making the game.

I loved the style and music however alone. I want Sega to do new IP's tough, and I'm sure above all else they want to, too.
Yes, I felt the same way. I didn't particularly like the pacing or how the narrative fell off a cliff in the latter portions, but you can certainly tell that it was a Space Channel 5 / Samba successor. It was alright based on that.

I wrote lengthy impressions if people are interested. Addendum 1. Addendum 2.

Yo
KuGsj.gif

That is cold.

I'd be okay with that too if they ditched the adventure stuff.

They should alternate! There's room in this world for both cool Parisian thieves and 60s retrofuturistic dance reporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom