• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackJace

Even though they're very weak and situational, I would like to be the Thief/Assassin class in Fire Emblem games. That or a General.

Plus, Thieves wear those cool cloaks :)

You wouldn't.
Well now i've already said it, so no I probably wouldn't.

It certainly depends on what makes FPS games difficult to play. Sometimes it's the FOV. Sometimes it's the framerate. Sometimes it's the mere act of being in first-person: your eyes are telling your brain that you're moving, while your vestibular system is telling your brain that you're sitting perfectly still and not moving much at all. That creates a conflict in your head, and it makes some people nauseous. I get nauseous on amusement park rides or when I read in the car so I don't do it.

It's odd, because I can play first-person dungeon crawlers with little issues outside of the occasional Gravol.
That certainly sounds like one hell of a hurdle and absolutely not fun, cheers for indulging my curiosity, this choice of words making my initial question sound more ominous than i'd like, well it's too late to change that now.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
YOU GUYS.

ASURA'S WRATH IS THE SHIT AND I'VE ONLY FINISHED 6 EPISODES.

Why didn't I play this game before?! I completely regret it now.

That certainly sounds like one hell of a hurdle and absolutely not fun, cheers for indulging my curiosity, this choice of words making my initial question sound more ominous than i'd like, well it's too late to change that now.
Yeah, there are a lot of games that I think I could've played in the past like Goldeneye, Quake, old Doom, etc. But now I don't think I can pull even that off. All the FPS games this generation do not work well with me at all.

Fun fact: I was considering showing you diagrams of the vestibular system to explain what happens but that would be far too scientific.

Console or PC? Does turning the FOV up to 90 (100-110 on a widescreen monitor) help for games that give you the option? A lot of console FPSes like to crank the FOV crazy low, and you can definitely feel it.

TheOGB

Banned
YOU GUYS.

I didn't expect it to get as good as it did. Holy shit what a ride.

And I played it like a real anime; Part I when I first got it, then Parts II and III almost a year later
lMNkw.gif

Virt <3

edit: DAMMIT MECCANICAL YOU MADE ME USE MY MS POINTS D:<
thanks

Nert

I'm talking about BioShock Infinite in three threads on gaming side, so I might as well post about it here as well if other people are. I think that people should play it for the art direction alone; it helps that the writing and combat are great, too. And yeah, there were definitely "jaw-dropping" moments at the end.

There is a bit of a disconnect between Infinite's story and what you are actually doing on a moment to moment basis, but I find that to be the case for pretty much every shooter that isn't Spec Ops: The Line, so that isn't enough to prevent me from wholeheartedly recommending it.

Nert

and the sound design is peerless. Just grabbing a coin from Elizabeth sounds awesome.

Holy shit, it's like you're reading my mind. I just wrote about that in the OT :D

Edit: Still working on getting caught up on the great Falk music from Before the Sequel. Moving and then playing BioShock Infinite almost non-stop took up a lot of time...

Guess Who

Banned
Edit: Still working on getting caught up on the great Falk music from Before the Sequel. Moving and then playing BioShock Infinite almost non-stop took up a lot of time...

Fun fact: Falk worked on Bioshock Infinite.

(Not the music, though, just some of the audio.)

Honestly, given that "favorite angel" thread on Gaming, I wouldn't doubt it'd end up

"Shadow Hog
Too lazy to do a reverse Google Image Search"

Seriously, people can't be bothered to just tell me what these images they're posting depict, and I'm the lazy one here? What the hell?

Anth0ny

YOU GUYS.

I just got my copy in the mail.

The box was fucking mangled. First time I've had a problem with an Amazon product =/

Luckily they've refunded me. Really looking forward to playing this game, I've heard only good things. And the DLC...

6sPMJCI.jpg

jeeeeeeeeeeeesus

TheOGB

Banned
I just got my copy in the mail.

The box was fucking mangled. First time I've had a problem with an Amazon product =/

Luckily they've refunded me. Really looking forward to playing this game, I've heard only good things. And the DLC...

6sPMJCI.jpg

jeeeeeeeeeeeesus
Weird, my box from Amazon was like cracked in the back. Not a lot though (not enough for me to think of contacting them, apparently >_>)

But yeh, the DLC is reeeeeeal good. The Lost Episode fight against Akuma especially.

HarmoKnight is radicool and makes me want:

1. Game Freak to make this kind of small, downloadable game between every Pokemon iteration

2. SEGA to make a new Space Channel 5, even if it has to be digital download only. I suppose Rhythm Thief's (justified, for my money) lukewarm reception's put them off the genre for a while though

YOU GUYS.

Yeah, there are a lot of games that I think I could've played in the past like Goldeneye, Quake, old Doom, etc. But now I don't think I can pull even that off. All the FPS games this generation do not work well with me at all.

Fun fact: I was considering showing you diagrams of the vestibular system to explain what happens but that would be far too scientific.
To think you've got a ways to go on the Asura's Wrath crazy scale.

I would've nodded and agreed at said diagrams even if I didn't grasp anything!

I got a tag once. Not sure if I did anything specific to earn one, but I appreciate it!
"Listen to those passing posters who support Strife getting a tag"

OMG Aero

YOU GUYS.

I TOLD YOU
If I recall correctly, if you're 6 episodes in then you are just about at the end of what I consider to be the low point of the game. The boss fights at the end of Part 1 are where the game starts to pick up then from Part 2 onwards it just gets better and better.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned in this thread before but regarding the DLC, episodes 11.5 and 15.5 are literal anime episodes (as in 2D animation) that are neat but totally skippable and I haven't bought the Street Fighter episodes but OGB seems to like them. The only DLC you really need to get is Part IV which is the true ending. Yeah it sucks that you have to pay for the true ending but you probably didn't pay full price for Asura's Wrath, it has the best use of QTEs in any video game and it's totally worth it.

Ferr986

SEGA to make a new Space Channel 5, even if it has to be digital download only.

They would make a Miku Channel 5 anyways.

Didnt Rythm Thief was due to appear on iOS? I really want to play that game but I dont have a 3DS.

Tizoc

One thing I hate about Digital games on PSN is that they don't recognize the save data if you have the disc ver. I've seen this happen with MotorStorm Apoc.
This makes me wonder if the same applies to Sonic Racing Transformed and/or Sonic Generations; anyone know if the digital ver. of these games recognize the save data if it's for the disc ver.?

That's odd; I have Little Big Planet: GotY Edition on disc and LBP on DD (from the PSN hack apology thing), and the latter recognizes my save from the former (although I don't get access to the on-disc free DLC that they'd bundled onto the disc, frustratingly).

Didnt Rythm Thief was due to appear on iOS? I really want to play that game but I dont have a 3DS.

It was supposed to, yeah, but I don't know whatever happened to it.

Rhythm Thief was probably my disappointment of 2012. The art, music, setting, animated scenes and just general style of it were all so nice, and the rhythm games were decent enough, but the whole thing was just smothered by the bland adventure game element. There was a decent OVA or minigame compilation in there somewhere but they messed it up.

I like Miku as well (having only just gotten in to that franchise with Project Diva F), but I'd like a proper new Space Channel 5 with the whole retrofuture aesthetic and over the top swingin' report show deal. I wouldn't be against some tweaks to the gameplay (there's been a lot of new rhythm games since SC5Pt2) but stylistically they had it perfect with the first two games.

Guess they'd have to track down Apollo Smile or recast Ulala if they were going to do it properly though.

qq more

Falk didn't make all of the BtS music, or are you just listening to his contribution to the OST?

In speaking of, I think he's less involved with AtS's music but so far it sounds really damn good despite that. In fact, I would even dare say it surpasses BtS's OST easily.

Tizoc

I can see SEGA banking on the popularity of Miku to sell their games.
A new Space Channel 5 game starring Miku and Ulala would be a smart idea.

Nert

Falk didn't make all of the BtS music, or are you just listening to his contribution to the OST?

In speaking of, I think he's less involved with AtS's music but so far it sounds really damn good despite that. In fact, I would even dare say it surpasses BtS's OST easily.

That's a good point, and I should clarify. I am listening to and enjoying the whole album (the Metro Madness tracks by Funk Fiction are great). Falk's great White Space arrangements (and Schala's posts) were what reminded me that I have to go back and listen to all of this.

I'll be sure to check out AtS's music, too.

HAVE SOME FUN WITH MIKU

BRB, going to go watch that Dominos/Miku video another five times.

Ferr986

so whats the big deal about miku anyways

She sells a lot in Japan. She's basically what Sega wanted to do with Ulala but failed.

Deep down everyone wants to commit explicit sexual acts upon her.
...or maybe that's just me....even though I don't find her faptastic that much.

ihTdQr19oMvR1.gif

Lijik

Sup Sonic-Gaf, that Unleashed mod made me want to revisit older 3D sonics and wow Sonic Heroes is pretty terribl-

I see now is a bad time.

Village

tumblr_mj9o4o77ww1qb8r7co2_500.gif

HAVE SOME FUN WITH MIKU

Though If they do keep ulala i hope they give her a change of clothes, I think there is alot of potential there and its kinda wasted. I dunno, I like characters who dress well, I HAVE A PASSION FOR FASHION DAMMIT.

Sup Sonic-Gaf, that Unleashed mod made me want to revisit older 3D sonics and wow Sonic Heroes is pretty terribl-

I see now is a bad time.

I agree about sonic heroes, whats wrong with the..

OhLawd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom