• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nert

Eggs, cotechino sausage, and kale, of course.

Or pepperoni, that's fine too.

Not to mention that they have fantastic music. CE DX's soundtrack got on my SotY 2010 list somewhere (not posted on GAF). 2010 was a good year for game soundtracks.

*High five*

Pac-Man CE DX was actually my soundtrack of the year for 2010. It's short, but it makes every song count. It also has my favorite menu music since Metroid Prime's.

Also, I've started updating my YouTube channel again and I'm getting around to some soundtracks that I missed out on from last year. The generically named "Zombies" has a wonderful bigbeat/house soundtrack that I definitely would have mentioned if I had gotten around to it in time.

(Goes back to drafting the GAF soundtrack discussion thread)

Pizza Hut > Jerry's (not sure where to put this one) > Domino's > Papa John's > Little Caesar's > Chuck E. Cheese's (which isn't bad) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Philadelphia Style (ever want to try pizza that literally tastes like vomit? Thank God I haven't seen one of these in years)

We don't use local chains much, although this Italian restaurant nearby does pretty good pizza. Wouldn't put it above all chain pizzas like most on GAF swear by, but it's good stuff.

As far as frozen pizzas go, my absolute favorite is and probably always will be Red Baron. That sauce is to die for.

TheOGB

Banned
I just had some Domino's not 10 minutes ago. I like ordering online and seeing the timeline, and I've really warmed up to their garlic crust since they've introduced it. Davanni's and Paisano's (RIP in peace ;_;7) are better though.

Pizza Hut's P'zones totally ruined me; calzones anywhere else don't taste right to me ._.

I miss Godfather's.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I dunno if I could eat a calzone. I remember back when I tried one when I was a teenager and I didn't like it at all. My eating habits have expanded a lot since then, so it wouldn't hurt to try. Pizza page that Noi linked made me interested.

but there's nothing like picking up a big ol' slice from the pizza joint right down the street.
Absolutely.

I completely forgot about the local pizza place my dad and I went to a few months ago. They had some huge slices, and they were very filling. Couldn't finish it all, but we definitely got what we paid for.

*High five*

Pac-Man CE DX was actually my soundtrack of the year for 2010. It's short, but it makes every song count. It also has my favorite menu music since Metroid Prime's.

Also, I've started updating my YouTube channel again and I'm getting around to some soundtracks that I missed out on from last year. The generically named "Zombies" has a wonderful bigbeat/house soundtrack that I definitely would have mentioned if I had gotten around to it in time.

(Goes back to drafting the GAF soundtrack discussion thread)
It's never gonna get done~ LOL. We've all been busy. I've been way too busy to draft reviews, even. That's gonna change come May, but it's real ridiculous how swamped I've gotten this semester.

And I keep forgetting that we can still post in the SotY 2012 results thread, because I've wanted to bring that Zombies soundtrack up for a while now. Purpose and Superstar were really good (Superstar reminds me sooooo much of the main riff in Jesus Christ Superstar, and that's what the intent was, I guess). There's so much good stuff on bandcamp now, and I feel like that's where many of the dark horse soundtracks are going to lie for a few years.

As for CE DX's music, that menu theme roped me in. Made me want to take a bath in it. EDIT: This game's soundtrack is so hot.

As far as frozen pizzas go, my absolute favorite is and probably always will be Red Baron. That sauce is to die for.
I should totally start paying attention to the frozen pizza brands we buy. Honestly, we buy them when they're on sale.

Sciz

Peanuts on pizza? That's remarkably bizarre. Reminds me of how you can apparently order peanut butter on a burger over at Cheeburger Cheeburger, if you really want to...

Not quite the same, but my favorite pizza was this magnificent Thai chicken creation from Schlotzsky's of all places; grilled chicken, green onion, and shredded carrots with a peanut sauce base on sourdough. Divine.

Then they stopped carrying it.

A barbecue chicken pizza is also always a great choice, and I've got a weakness for this pepperoni, onion, and banana pepper concoction I put together at a Papa John's on a whim once.

Tizoc

Schala, I'll be free in the next 2 hours could you post or PM me the latest ver. of the OT please?

Also Peanut Butter+Chocolate is a rare delicacy for me, at least in mi country...unless I keep forgetting check to see if they actually sell PB+Chocolate jars over here...

Only thing you could ever remember were those creepy-ass animatronics.

Sadly, that's all I remember. That and playing a lot of the San Fransisco Rush cabinet they had. Well, those things and a funny incident involving a pair of pants. :x

They cut them up in squares I believe. They went over on the sauce the times I can remember.

Gross. If there's one thing that can kill a pizza for me, it's too much sauce.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Chuck E Cheese sounds gross. Never been.

Schala, I'll be free in the next 2 hours could you post or PM me the latest ver. of the OT please?
Uh. I kinda fell asleep when I was resizing things and didn't wake up until 1:15 or so. (Yes, SonicGAF I slept; I think I got real tuckered out the night before last.)

Aha, I should get to work on that. But yeah, I'll PM you the code I have so far. Don't put it up yet because Sciz and I aren't done.

Also Peanut Butter+Chocolate is a rare delicacy for me, at least in mi country...unless I keep forgetting check to see if they actually sell PB+Chocolate jars over here...
Oh man, you have to try Peanut Butter M&M's. They're, like, the best. Butterfinger is a close second, Peanut Butter Twix is third... I actually don't much care for Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, though; the peanut butter's always kinda grainy, the candy oily, and it's annoying getting it out of the little paper cup all the time. Tastes okay, at least.

Chuck E Cheese sounds gross. Never been.
Not that much, but it really is aimed for little kids. Only reason I have relatively fresh memory of what it tastes like is because we took my nieces to the local one this past winter when we went up to Binghamton, NY. They had Mario Kart in the arcade :O

It still feels really weird to consider that I'm only 25 and yet am an uncle. Oh well, my little brother has it rougher; he's only 14!

What is with you guys across the pond and Peanut everything? Peanut Pizza is the best way to ruin my favourite food if you ask me, oh and good old pepperoni for myself most of the time.

And now i'm disappointed that I don't have pizza for dinner tonight.

Thanks to you all, I'm actually seriously considering ordering pizza for watching the VGCW finale tonight.

Also, bring back crispy M&M's

Nert

Oh man, you have to try Peanut Butter M&M's. They're, like, the best.

*Nods*

I actually don't much care for Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, though; the peanut butter's always kinda grainy, the candy oily, and it's annoying getting it out of the little paper cup all the time. Tastes okay, at least.

If you have a Trader Joe's near you, I would highly recommend trying these instead:

trader_joes_dark_chocolate_peanut_butter_cups.jpg

The peanut butter is smooth and there is none of the grainy texture that a Reese's Cup has.

What is with you guys across the pond and Peanut everything? Peanut Pizza is the best way to ruin my favourite food if you ask me, oh and good old pepperoni for myself most of the time.

And now i'm disappointed that I don't have pizza for dinner tonight.
Hey, now, peanut pizza sounds weird to us Yanks too.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I don't think, outside of peanut butter cups and Butterfingers, I'll ever understand the fascination of peanuts with everything either.

I didn't even know peanut pizza was even a thing until this thread! That's just weird, man.

Not that much, but it really is aimed for little kids. Only reason I have relatively fresh memory of what it tastes like is because we took my nieces to the local one this past winter when we went up to Binghamton, NY. They had Mario Kart in the arcade :O

It still feels really weird to consider that I'm only 25 and yet am an uncle. Oh well, my little brother has it rougher; he's only 14!
Hmmm. Maybe I should take my little bro to one. They recently opened one up here, but I don't know if the cost will be worth it.

Nah, I knew people in high school who were aunts and uncles! High school.

Hmmm. Maybe I should take my little bro to one. They recently opened one up here, but I don't know if the cost will be worth it.

Nah, I knew people in high school who were aunts and uncles! High school.
Well, they do have an arcade in every one (one of the last bastions of them, in fact), and the selection often times has at least one or two games worth checking out (I've seen King of Fighters at our local one before (no idea which one), and it was CEC that introduced me to Sega Super GT). If all else fails, there's always Skeeball.

He was in elementary when she was born!

Hey, now, peanut pizza sounds weird to us Yanks too.

It wont when you replace the tomato sauce with chocolate sauce, then it'll become one of your crazy confectionery treats!

Any time any of those junk food threads are made in off topic my sweet tooth weeps, though it's probably for the best, I wouldn't be skinny for very long if half that stuff were over here.

I don't really have much arcade experience, but I do remember spending most of a ferry ride playing SEGA Rally. That was great.

GAME OVER YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH

It wont when you replace the tomato sauce with chocolate sauce, then it'll become one of your crazy confectionery treats!
While desert pizzas are a thing, I still don't think I've ever heard of one with peanuts on it. Then again, I don't much care for desert pizzas.

Fun fact: when I was growing up, my sister rented this video from Blockbuster. Some animated TV series (I guess) featuring a group of girls doing girly things (I forget if it was ballet or partying or what). However, this pizza chain that they all went to regularly shut down, and one girl's performance started to suffer considerably as a result. No other pizza chain seemed to help, so they'd have to reverse engineer the recipe. They eventually figure out what it was that made the pizza chain so special, create a similar pizza and the girl's performance is back to tip-top shape! The secret ingredient:
the bakers mixed chocolate into the pizza dough. I shit you not

Most of my arcade experiences weren't in proper arcades, but with arcade machines in neighborhood laundromats and pizza shops.

I think there's a photo of a young me in my family's photo album at a laundromat propped up on a tall ass stool playing Turtles in Time.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Well, they do have an arcade in every one (one of the last bastions of them, in fact), and the selection often times has at least one or two games worth checking out (I've seen King of Fighters at our local one before (no idea which one), and it was CEC that introduced me to Sega Super GT). If all else fails, there's always Skeeball.

He was in elementary when she was born!
Whoa, last bastion of arcades? I'm taking my bro in summer, then. Should be fun. We'll hit up a movie afterwards.

Nah... that sorta thing still happens. One person I know was the same age as her niece, even.

I don't really have much arcade experience, but I do remember spending most of a ferry ride playing SEGA Rally. That was great.

GAME OVER YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH
The happiest I have ever been to lose at a game.

And lose my cash.

Oh, you wanted to talk about dessert pizzas? I can't eat the ones with peanuts.

I can go all over the Smarties ones. Wait, Smarties are different here and the UK than they are in the States, aren't they? Their Smarties are our Rockets.

Darnit, America. I had an American Kit Kat a few months ago. It was different. Actually, it tasted kinda worse.

My nearby mall as a kid was far too uptight and stuffy (Cherry Creek Mall in Denver) to have an arcade. Don't think the rich folk who frequent it would like the noise. I was reduced to visiting FAO Shwartz and wondering why everything had such a markup.

For the longest time, I hated British Smarties because the chocolate tasted funny; I wanted something more like M&Ms, but wasn't getting it.

Then I learned that the orange ones had orange-flavored chocolate in them. No wonder. I'm more open to them now, although it's not like I can just walk down to the local supermarket and buy a tube.

Cadbury's is better than Hershey's, though. Was kinda surprised that the candy stores in HersheyPark (which, understandably, are plentiful) carried Cadbury's goods, too...

Tizoc

Oh man, you have to try Peanut Butter M&M's. They're, like, the best. Butterfinger is a close second, Peanut Butter Twix is third... I actually don't much care for Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, though; the peanut butter's always kinda grainy, the candy oily, and it's annoying getting it out of the little paper cup all the time. Tastes okay, at least.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
Now that I think about it's Peanut butter+chocolate BARS that are not common over here.

Speaking of which, I don't know which I like more...smooth PB or PB with crunchy peanut chunks @3@.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I... didn't know orange flavored chocolate was a thing. Huh.
You haven't lived.

I don't ever want to be mugged.

But if I did, and my assailant shouted "YOOOOUU JUST-GOT MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGED" as I ran away... I wouldn't mind too much.
Hahahahahahaha. I shall file that away. >.>

I remember playing often a Arcade cabinet that a whole bunch of games on it...

This was my favourite
I don't know about you guys, but I've always liked Data East's stuff. Some of it can be a little odd, but maybe it's a consequence of having tagged along with my cousins to arcades often and they tended to play everything and anything.

To be fair, I was a kid and I hadn't started gravitating towards any specific genre then (even if platformers were my bread and butter).

Cadbury's is better than Hershey's, though. Was kinda surprised that the candy stores in HersheyPark (which, understandably, are plentiful) carried Cadbury's goods, too...
Mmmmmmm... Cadbury's chocolate. We have a local shop that carries imported British goods, and I always try to take advantage whenever I'm there. Way better selection at Christmas too.

Recently bought some Splats from there. ^_^

And when are those jerks gonna sell me Oreo cookies without the cream?!
Just get a bag of chocolate-flavored Teddy Grahams, IIRC they taste about the same.

This reminds me, I need to hunt down a pack of Mega-Stuf Oreos while they're still offering them. The creme is my favorite part of an Oreo, handily.

Hell yes, Peanut Butter M&M's are addictingly awesome. I have never seen Peanut Butter Twix though (it sounds good) but I have tried the Peanut Butter Snickers and I really love those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom