• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

I.gif
M.gif

2.gif
5.gif

T.gif
O.gif
D.gif
A.gif
Y.gif

Y.gif
A.gif
A.gif
A.gif
A.gif
A.gif
Y.gif

Happy b-day!
I turned 26 last month XP

In SEGA related news-
0c1Nakf.jpg

Was watching a video of Classic Planet Wisp in Generations and noticed that
those three arrows that appear whenever Classic Sonic lands on a gear in spike form look just like the arrows from the loading screens in Sonic '06

Nert

Happy birthday, Shadow Hog!

We have the same birthday and I turned 23 today. I'm going to go pick up a 3DS XL with my birthday money and try out some of these newfangled "portable games" for myself.

Thanks all!

So far, not too much... $10 in cash, $50 in eBay money :)D) and $20 in Amazon money :))). Also expecting Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon later today. Got Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage? as an Easter present; does that count as a birthday present or not?

Trying to finish Sticker Star as quick as I can so I can feel less guilty about moving on to newer turf. I'm near the end of World 5! It's not like there's much further to go!

Oh, you'll find out, tigerkiddo
He's about to summon it

qq more

Thanks all!

So far, not too much... $10 in cash, $50 in eBay money :)D) and $20 in Amazon money :))). Also expecting Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon later today. Got Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage? as an Easter present; does that count as a birthday present or not?

Trying to finish Sticker Star as quick as I can so I can feel less guilty about moving on to newer turf. I'm near the end of World 5! It's not like there's much further to go!

He's about to summon it

World 6 is really really short so yeah it won't take very long.

also July is my birthday month

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Comic thread should be up soon, I think.

Happy birthday, Shadow Hog!

We have the same birthday and I turned 23 today. I'm going to go pick up a 3DS XL with my birthday money and try out some of these newfangled "portable games" for myself.
I knew it was your birthday too~ Happy birthday, Nert!

The walker?!

Because you'll be officially old and also be in contention for a "Tales of" old man support character role, the trope filled horror awaits you.
And i'l be growing ancient there in July with you, we could sit in rocking chairs on the Sonic Gaf porch with lemonade joining all the other old fogeys of Sonic Gaf, that's what they do right?

Oh and late birthday wishes to our dynamic duo of Nert and Shadow Hog, may you both have fun times with portables.

And i'll be 23, ANCIENT!

You can only be Jade if you start being the snarkiest of posters, but it's a fate vastly superior to anyone else in that game. Those even older are what we call "Raven" level posters, i'm sure Schala probably knows another 10 suitable characters that fit the role.

Tizoc

One of these days I'm gonna get around to Platinuming Sonic Generations...but first I should Plat. Rayman Origins...and Alice Madness Returns...and try to Platinum Lollipop Chainsaw.

My only platinum trophies are from Sonic Generations and Rayman Origins, if I recall none of them require you to leap through (many) silly hoops making them pretty good to go for if you find the allure of more trophies/achievements oddly insatiable.

That said TIME EATER WITH NO DAMAGE, FUN!

Tizoc

Summer seems to be kicking in over here, it was 30 degrees C when I was driving to work, where it was between 20 and under 30 for the past few months.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
It's still cold here. Should be spring, darnit.

Those even older are what we call "Raven" level posters, i'm sure Schala probably knows another 10 suitable characters that fit the role.
Alvin, Malik, Raven, Ricardo, Jade, Will, Kratos, Eugene, Max, Rowen, Kongman, Claus. Karyl is 26, Mary is 24... they're up there too.

*sees people mentioning ages*
*runs away*
You're not that old, I bet! :)

Nert

Hasty 3DS impressions:

System

-I'm tired of making Miis. Fuck Miis.
-The shop music is lovely.
-You can download games and updates while the system is sleep mode? Nice!

Super Mario 3D Land

-Playing with the 3D slider all of the way up; it looks great and it actually seems relevant to the level design.
-This game is incredibly easy in the beginning, perhaps moreso than I remember other Mario games being.
-The sheer verticality of some of the levels is impressive.
-Having trouble adjusting to the circle pad; missing some jumps that I feel like I shouldn't be.

Etrian Odyssey IV (Demo)

-Creating the dungeon map is a lot of fun and makes exploration feel more rewarding
-The character models are dreadful
-An hour went by without me even noticing it... I'm worried that I'm going to play this game compulsively.
-The music is still great (I already listened to it last year for SOTY stuff). I wish that I could turn the battle music off and just listen to the soothing dungeon tracks, though.

Conclusion

-Why is there a "Dinosaur Office from CollegeHumor" tile on the home screen?

Birthday stuff

Thanks, everyone!

OMG Aero

3D Land turns into a nightmare late game. Haaaaaard.
Either people way overstate this about the last part of Super Mario 3D Land or I am the best at video games, because like 75% of the endgame levels are just the regular levels with different enemy placements and maybe a time limit. Aside from the very last level, they are still incredibly easy compared with other Mario games.

Either people way overstate this about the last part of Super Mario 3D Land or I am the best at video games, because like 75% of the endgame levels are just the regular levels with different enemy placements and maybe a time limit. Aside from the very last level, they are still incredibly easy compared with other Mario games.

Some of them are a pain. It's about equal with the end of Galaxy 2.

But yeah, I mostly agree that it's a generally easy game.

I still think the better half is the easy half since the back end of the game does repeat certain stages a bit too much for my liking, culminating in "it's this stage again but now with Shadow Mario AND timers".

Nert

Another Mario update for this Sonic thread:

I'm starting to enjoy 3D Land a lot more after hitting World 5. The
"light the torches" puzzle with the Legend of Zelda musical cue
was really clever. I sometimes wish that I could hit a button to fast forward through the beginning of some games to get to the meatier stuff.

I beat NSMB2 in a single afternoon
at a GameStop kiosk
. Don't really have much to say about it except that the game hurt my eyes a few times (and that was without the 3D on).

I'm trying to figure out how on Earth I could feasibly get Earthbound on eBay for less than $150 or so.

Because, y'know, not all of us are Seven Force and stumble upon copies at our local Goodwills.

...How long were you in Gamestop

and how does the game hurt your eyes?

I dunno, like 6-8 hours? It was a Saturday and I didn't have my Vita, so I went for a walk and ended up going in to kill time.

Probably the oversaturated models and all the bright yellow/gold made my eyes start hurting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom