• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

qq more

For one, I find the exploration part of the game is a bit more fun now. I keep coming across really cool parts of the level like in Stardust Speedway. The levels really do look pretty good at times and I really enjoy some of the look to them a bit more. The JP soundtrack, I kept it on for most of the time and found I loved more of the JP tracks to the American one but they're still both good. Still not a fan of the special stages though...=/

I think it is kinda close to the Genesis games in terms of quality but I'd have to think it over just a tad more.
The special stages can be a real pain sometimes. The judging distance between Sonic and the UFO is really difficult to get. I kept jumping too soon or late.

My awful commentary group and I have started our run of Sonic 2. Thought I'd put Part 1 up today.

You know, first of the month and all.
> "[Tails Adventures was shit]"
supersonicnohyuev.png

Sciz

Nah, Season 3 of Pony caused a lot of broken base (not 100% sure why, seemed okay except for that finale)

The series leaves a lot of stuff open-ended, and it has a lot of fans, so for any given bit of new worldbuilding it's inevitably going to ruin someone's fanon. All it takes is for one of those guys to start yelling about how everything's ruined and you've got a bandwagon started, especially when amplified by executive meddling.

People don't like having their imaginations constrained, in short.

In speaking of, I just got the first volume of Sonic Universe!

Enjoy. Shadow's still pretty angsty, but it's a fun romp.

Skip the second volume.

Sciz

Yeah I heard second volume is sooo awful. I won't be missing anything by skipping straight to 3, right?

It's less dumb than the rest of the issues in that universe, but it's still really dumb. As far as anyone can tell, Sega's barred Archie from doing anything else with the concept indefinitely, so it's effectively noncanon in at least two ways.

Got DKC2 today. I'm tossing around the idea of streaming a blind run of it sometime.

As far as anyone can tell, Sega's barred Archie from doing anything else with the concept indefinitely, so it's effectively noncanon in at least two ways.

They did? Good presence of mind from Sega there.

It's less dumb than the rest of the issues in that universe, but it's still really dumb. As far as anyone can tell, Sega's barred Archie from doing anything else with the concept indefinitely, so it's effectively noncanon in at least two ways.

They did? Good presence of mind from Sega there.

I think SEGA was also the reason why characters like Black Doom and Eggman Nega aren't in the comic either, right?

As I said, I could've gotten DKC2 this weekend... but I'd have had to buy it in a bundle with a SNES and several other games for $120. Not worth it.

StH teaches kids to work together with a bunch of white humans to defeat the foreign black invaders. Not to mention black-on-black violence, the #1 killer of black people

Sega, you disgust me!

So are Yoshis

this industry's got a long way to go

0VwsDfJ.jpg

This is amazing. I really want to read the comic book adventures of Mario, Bomberman, and TT. What a strange combination of video game characters...

:lol

Yep. There's also apparently a bit of a story as to why an '06 adaptation never happened.
Which will probably boil down to SEGA telling Archie "Please don't help people remember Sonic '06 happened by adapting it."

Tangentially related; that Mega Man comic from the few single issues I've bought have been great so far, yet I can never seem to find the collected volumes. Especially loved the cute nod to the lack of Mega Man games after 9 and 10 the last issue I read had (sort of similar to an older Sonic issue having Eggman poking fun at rushed game schedules and poor controls in modern Sonic games).

TheOGB

Banned
3 things we need before EVO 2015:
- Super Puzzle Fighter III 3rd Strike
- Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix Alpha 3
- Pac-Man Battle Royale DX

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Apparently Rizon completely crapped out?

Oh yeah, Bean got Mega Man #24 already since he subs. Should probably put that OT up soon.

3 things we need before EVO 2015:
- Super Puzzle Fighter III 3rd Strike
- Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix Alpha 3
- Pac-Man Battle Royale DX
Oh man, do you want me to die?! I'd seclude myself from the rest of you, and I won't come out of seclusion until I am the best.

I want Pac-Man Battle Royale DX. And Tetris Battle Gaiden: Remix. So bad.

Oh my goodness.

qq more

Rizon's server is back I believe. For those who are still in the "fake" chat and those that wants to rejoin the chat, reconnect!

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I would like yall to know that Schala has finished watching Fate/Zero and Steins;Gate and is proceeding to watch my next recommended show AnoHana. Yall should follow suit. =)

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Rizon's server is back I believe. For those who are still in the "fake" chat and those that wants to rejoin the chat, reconnect!
Still can't.

God looks down benevolently upon his subjects.

(I had no idea who TNA_KEN was!)
King Noi is popular, and thus he has so many subjects that he doesn't even know when he gets friend requests.

Then again, he must laugh at my piddly 46.

kayos90 said:
I would like yall to know that Schala has finished watching Fate/Zero and Steins;Gate and is proceeding to watch my next recommended show AnoHana. Yall should follow suit. =)
LOL, I'm more receptive to watching anime, though.

These guys want manime, it seems. So Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

Fate/Zero I'm actually kinda scared to get into, and from what I've seen of it Steins;Gate is a bit too sci-fi oriented for ny tastes.

...and are you sure you don't mean Aoi Hana? :p

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
It's AnoHana. It's short for Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai (We Still Don't Know the Name of the Flower We Saw That Day).

Fate/Zero I'm actually kinda scared to get into, and from what I've seen of it Steins;Gate is a bit too sci-fi oriented for ny tastes.

...and are you sure you don't mean Aoi Hana? :p

Fate/Zero is amazing. You should watch it. S;G has sci-fi elements and while its narrative elements hinge on it, it's first and foremost a drama. You should watch both of these shows.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
It probably worked for a bit, I can't identify my nick now so I'm OPless!
Yeah. Beef's OP and he made himself King of SonicGAF.

PhantomOfTheKnight said:
I genuinely liked SG, but yeah, it's kinda jargony. F/Z... are you afraid of it being too graphic (ie: blood, some of the killing, etc.)? I thought it was rather... nicely done.

And the scenery looks absolutely gorgeous. Ufotable is amazing. (Ufotable did the CG in Sonic X, iirc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom