• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. Beef's OP and he made himself King of SonicGAF.

I genuinely liked SG, but yeah, it's kinda jargony. F/Z... are you afraid of it being too graphic (ie: blood, some of the killing, etc.)? I thought it was rather... nicely done.

And the scenery looks absolutely gorgeous. Ufotable is amazing. (Ufotable did the CG in Sonic X, iirc.)

It's not graphic violence I'm scared of... it's actually the lore (for lack of a better term) that scares me.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
We mostly goof off. I like it because it gives everyone a chance to reply to each other faster, plus it gives lurkers a chance to come and talk us up too.

...also I paper fan people apparently.

oh no...

no no no NO

NOT AGAIN
This shit is hilarious.

PhantomOfTheKnight said:
It's not graphic violence I'm scared of... it's actually the lore (for lack of a better term) that scares me.
Honestly, I barely know anything about Type-Moon and Fate/whatever. I got into it just fine. The first few eps do a good job at setting everything up, tbh.

kayos90 said:
Use what I use. Trillian.
It was a bit of joke where I'd get a good client when I would get a Twitter account, and Noi knows that the answer to that is "never".

In a joking way, of course.

Netsplits are fun. I've been in some epically large ones before on Espernet. They're usually very brief, though. Surprised Rizon is taking so long for you guys.

Also, mIRC is a pretty good IRC client, I've found, if you can ignore the "BUY ME :(:(:(:(:(:(::(:((" messages every boot up. Or, I dunno, buy it, but who'd do that?

Also, the greatest SRB2 mod ever has finally arrived (and I helped make like two levels of it and it has the SonicGAF theme coincidentally so you should all play it if you remotely like kusoge)

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Also, mIRC is a pretty good IRC client, I've found, if you can ignore the "BUY ME :(:(:(:(:(:(::(:((" messages every boot up. Or, I dunno, buy it, but who'd do that?

Also, the greatest SRB2 mod ever has finally arrived (and I helped make like two levels of it)
Yeah, I actually do have mIRC around here somewhere, but I don't use it. >.>

This is the greatest mod that has ever graced God's green earth. Every other mod should bow down to it.

Sciz

Also, the greatest SRB2 mod ever has finally arrived (and I helped make like two levels of it and it has the SonicGAF theme coincidentally so you should all play it if you remotely like kusoge)

what have you people done to DOOM

what did it do to deserve this

Oh yeah, Bean got Mega Man #24 already since he subs. Should probably put that OT up soon.

The 3rd is nearly upon us. I... might have time to hammer out the gaps in the OT tomorrow, but if not, it's all cruft. I'd shrink down those big full page previews one way or another. They're big.

And for anyone who wants digital comics cheap, Comixology's got a half-off sale running for a couple days.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
The 3rd is nearly upon us. I... might have time to hammer out the gaps in the OT tomorrow, but if not, it's all cruft. I'd shrink down those big full page previews one way or another. They're big.
Yeah sure, I'll do that tonight, and put a link to the full-size preview pics like we did for the covers.

EDIT: I think Tizoc wanted to keep them in quotes, though, so that they go with some stuff he says in the quote boxes. I'm going to resize some of the really bigger ones because they truly are bigger when I click on them in Firefox.

I think you need to do one more banner for the Worlds Collide portion and that's about it, unless you want to add something.

TheOGB

Banned
I'm pretty sure we all saw that recent music video but uh, wow
tumblr_minwmy8nds1qimttgo1_1280.jpg

Hunnid-P, the rapper for the Knuckles themes in Sonic Adventure 2, is on Google Plus/Youtube.

This is his icon

holy fucking shit
what

Well, they're about 5 years younger than I am, I'll grant you that...

And yet, that's not one of the stages I worked on... those were MAP08 and MAP34.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Man, I'm exhausted. About those large images you were talking about, Sciz, I resized about half of them before starting over because I didn't like how they looked.

I noticed that some of them are quite dull as well, and lack some colour balancing. Before I made a move to resize them, I thought, "well, Sciz is gonna say somethin' about it, so I'll leave it." So I think those images are all yours to tinker with if you want. I'll figure out how to format them later because I do have a vague idea in mind.

Also, I'm tired so this post probably came out looking like nonsense.

3 things we need before EVO 2015:
- Super Puzzle Fighter III 3rd Strike
- Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix Alpha 3
- Pac-Man Battle Royale DX

It's better for me that this stays arcade exclusive, otherwise I wouldn't be getting shit done anymore.

Man, I go to sleep early for once and shit goes crazy.

I'm pretty sure we all saw that recent music video but uh, wow

What.

Broach

Banned
Who is the coolest person in Sonic Team right now?

Kawamura.jpg

Sachiko Kawamura

was Art Director on Sonic Jam, 3D Blast,and Chu Chu Rocket. And then director and artist of Sonic Adventure Chao Gardens.

Currently she was Art Director on Unleashed, Colors and Generations. And also does consulting with Sumo etc. on how Sonic looks right etc.

And I think we can all agree that the best part of recent games are how they look and how Sonic is presented. She gave a certain love back to the Sonic Universe that was missing since the 90's.

Nert

3 things we need before EVO 2015:
- Super Puzzle Fighter III 3rd Strike
- Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix Alpha 3
- Pac-Man Battle Royale DX

Fact: the secret best franchise revival of this generation has been Pac-Man. Pac-Man CE, Pac-Man CE DX, and Pac-Man Battle Royale are all excellent games.

CE DX may be the favorite of pretty much everyone else I've ever seen talking about the upgrades, but personally I prefer the first CE.

qq more

better than most of the ads we've posted here

the most wtf one is the "MY MOM IS GOING TO DIE". holy shit that was disturbing

Peanuts on pizza? That's remarkably bizarre. Reminds me of how you can apparently order peanut butter on a burger over at Cheeburger Cheeburger, if you really want to...

I dunno, pepperoni, pepperoni & bacon, extra cheese or just plain: that's pretty much all I'd ever order on a pizza. You want boring? There's boring.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Fact: the secret best franchise revival of this generation has been Pac-Man. Pac-Man CE, Pac-Man CE DX, and Pac-Man Battle Royale are all excellent games.
Not to mention that they have fantastic music. CE DX's soundtrack got on my SotY 2010 list somewhere (not posted on GAF). 2010 was a good year for game soundtracks.

Well, it is compared to the stuff that most people I know get on their pizzas. (Pineapples, Chicken, Honey Ham, damned Peanuts...
What.

I dunno, pepperoni, pepperoni & sausage, extra cheese or just plain: that's pretty much all I'd ever order on a pizza. You want boring? There's boring.
Fixed this for me. I'm boring as heck. But man, I love my pizza. Was just saying the other day that it's just easy to prepare since you don't have to put too much effort into making it, or there's a Little Caesar's across the street so I could just go there anytime and get something. Honestly, pizza was the cheapest food of choice at both of the unis I've attended.

I'm eating pizza right now! It's been a while since I've had a pop and some pizza.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Pizza Hut is something I'll only eat occasionally because they are greasy as heck sometimes. It can taste good, depending on how the pizza's cooked that day. We don't have Papa John's here.

Domino's is good. Pizza Pizza (Canadian chain) can be decent cuz it's cheap. Square Boy's alright, but I haven't had it in years (and by "years", I mean since I've been in Girl Guides), uh... hm. I don't order a lot of pizza from a lot of places, it seems! There used to be this one place that had the most awesome homemade pizza back when I was little, but the owner had to close it down. But it was so good.

There's also a local place (not a national chain) that serves wonderful Italian food, and their pizzas are so good. Like... I can't go there all the time, but I would if I could afford it.

Like I said the other day, you can buy a buncha the premade ones and shove them in the oven for a bit. Easy to make and they generally taste good.

Local Pizza Shops (C'mon, every city has at least one) > Papa Johns > Pizza Hut > Dominoes > Little Ceasers > Whatever else

I like Papa Johns, but there's nothing like picking up a big ol' slice from the pizza joint right down the street.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom