• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kokonoe

Banned
Thank you

EDIT: Also some little progress on my game:

BarrelTurret.gif
barrelfiring.gif

You should work on the shooter animation part, but it's looking good.

Kokonoe

Banned
Thanks! Any idea on how to improve it?

Can you fuse both animations together?(one after the other, as it would appear in-game) I'm thinking maybe it'll look fine then, but I'm guessing to try to detail it more during the part it exits the canister, although you don't have a lot of pixels to work with.

qq more

Can you fuse both animations together?(one after the other, as it would appear in-game) I'm thinking maybe it'll look fine then, but I'm guessing to try to detail it more during the part it exits the canister, although you don't have a lot of pixels to work with.
Oh, I see what you mean.

It actually shoot flames, so the tip is kind of obscured by the fire. It looks better in-game. I'll try to put up a snapshot the next time I'm on my computer. (I'm on the Wii U atm.) Hopefully it'll look better! I'll try to combine the animations too when I get around it.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I came in here to complain about how HarmoKnight was treating me like a fool who couldn't read fast (ie: I couldn't skip text at the beginning) and now I'm feeling confused.

I'm going to bed.

Oh shoot! I'm sorry to hear that, Nocturnowl. I hope you have good luck, though! You sound like a busy bee rather than a Nocturnowl.

Just breathe. And take time to relax when you need to, okay? And if ya need to scream and shout and vent, shoot me a PM if ya need to.
Well I appreciate that, I just got a call that makes me want to scream, shout and vent but all hope is not lost quite yet on this job front, i've got one last shot at redemption, IF CENA CAN HAVE IT SO CAN I!

LOL #TeamHEEL, as expected

prepare yourself, Owl
I am ready to accept my fate, I went against the rules of this world and must pay for trying to disturb the natural order, I can dream but my dreams cannot forge a new reality.
I just wanted what was best for us all.

After its debut, the game's development team faced serious problems, starting with the resignation of Yuji Naka as the head of Sonic Team. When presented with development kits for the Nintendo Wii, it was decided that Sonic the Hedgehog's staff would be split in two, with Shun Nakamura finishing the creation of Sonic the Hedgehog for Xbox 360 and PS3, while Yojiro Ogawa would use the other half of Sonic Team to begin work on Sonic and the Secret Rings for the new Nintendo platform. What was originally an ambitious undertaking now became a race against time to meet the game's deadline with only half of a development team. In this time, Sonic Team reportedly ignored Quality Assurance Tester bug reports. Many of the criticisms of the game stem from these reasons in what can only be described as an unfortunate series of events.

Sonic 2006: an unfortunate series of events

LOL @ straight up ignoring all the bugs. "Fuck it, deadlines, homie"

Broach

Banned
After its debut, the game's development team faced serious problems, starting with the resignation of Yuji Naka as the head of Sonic Team. When presented with development kits for the Nintendo Wii, it was decided that Sonic the Hedgehog's staff would be split in two, with Shun Nakamura finishing the creation of Sonic the Hedgehog for Xbox 360 and PS3, while Yojiro Ogawa would use the other half of Sonic Team to begin work on Sonic and the Secret Rings for the new Nintendo platform. What was originally an ambitious undertaking now became a race against time to meet the game's deadline with only half of a development team. In this time, Sonic Team reportedly ignored Quality Assurance Tester bug reports. Many of the criticisms of the game stem from these reasons in what can only be described as an unfortunate series of events.

Sonic 2006: an unfortunate series of events

LOL @ straight up ignoring all the bugs. "Fuck it, deadlines, homie"

From looking at credits all these developers for 06 were the people that made the PS2 Shinobi . They also designed the Werehog stages.

Parasites

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I'm going to seriously ask: "what the hell is going on in here?"

qq, this is all your damn fault. It's starting to weird me out.

I wanted to complain about how I can't skip dialogue or cutscenes in HarmoKnight and it's not respecting the player's time or efficiency, but I cannot find the words anymore. I also don't know what Bean was on about since, well, I'm not really getting a lot of issues with this yet. In fact, I'm finding this a lot easier than Rhythm Thief for some reason (likely because the ranking conditions aren't as strict outside of the coliseum and maybe bosses).

Maybe I need to play more of it, but I'm finding this more enjoyable than the demo.

Other things about video games:
-Put out a few bids on a few Super Famicom games: Front Mission: Gun Hazard, Mystic Ark (no wait, found cheaper copies), Magical Pop'n, and Romancing SaGa 3.

-Also decided to clean up my Famicom and Famicom Disk System and go through and archive all of my Famicom Disk System games later on. Thing is, this is a system from Hong Kong as opposed to Japan, so it does some wonky stuff (uses NTSC CPU and PPU chips, but there is an NTSC-to-PAL conversion chip in the power/modulator section; there's a 50/60Hz switch on the back of it). I bought it from a friend of mine for $40 so I didn't see anything wrong with it at the time. Might need to buy a power converter, though. So essentially, the HK Famicom I have is a Japanese NTSC Famicom with doohickeys to convert the NTSC colour signal into a PAL one for HK TVs.

Kinda wondering if I should just spring for a Retron 5 at this point since apparently it's region-free (I know it can't play disk system stuff).

Well I appreciate that, I just got a call that makes me want to scream, shout and vent but all hope is not lost quite yet on this job front, i've got one last shot at redemption, IF CENA CAN HAVE IT SO CAN I!
Well, shoot! You can do it, Nocturnowl! You. Can. Do. This.

Well, I have to deliver my grandmother's eulogy today, hope that goes well.
Hey if you need to clear your head and rest, do it, okay? I hope that bit you mentioned goes well as well. *hugs*

Broach said:
From looking at credits all these developers for 06 were the people that made the PS2 Shinobi . They also designed the Werehog stages.

Parasites
Good riddance, then. Sheesh.

About all I know about HarmoKnight is that it features a dude who automatically runs around beating shit up with a giant eighth note, and he has some kind of rabbit friend.

I don't intend to wear these, but I decided to give HolyBaikal's avatar the good ol' HAAH WAAW treatment.

hgkkghits98.png

r-rr-rw2ses.png

I can't decide which is scarier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom