• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMG Aero

Dark Schala posts here, remember?

Also, Professor Beef is like THIRTY or some crazy shit
I'd imagine it takes a long time to get a doctorate in beef.
The OST for Before the Sequel is so, so good.
It's so much better than the game too. I tried playing the game after hearing the music and some of those levels and bosses are terrible, the boss for zone 2 was one of the worst Sonic boss fights I've ever played.

Sciz

We're out!
Very proud to finally release Blue Skies, Green Hills. The Sonic remix project I've organized and coordinated since fucking June. Lots of stuff went wrong, but in the end we finally managed to get 10 awesome tracks from really great artists together :)

Super special thanks to Falk for helping me keep the project on track, figuring out the track order and mastering and overall being just a really great dude!

Hope you guys enjoy, and please spread the word :)

Came for Falk doing The Chase. Mostly stayed for Falk doing The Chase, but some of the rest of that's neat too. And some just isn't to taste, but is admittedly well-produced. Nice to hear some takes on modern tracks instead of just retreading the Genesis.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Okay so second oldest.
Happy birthday! I posted the Sonic cake like last week, lol. Someone else should do it.

And you're the third-oldest. Blaze/Sega1991 posts here too.

Came for Falk doing The Chase. Mostly stayed for Falk doing The Chase, but some of the rest of that's neat too. And some just isn't to taste, but is admittedly well-produced. Nice to hear some takes on modern tracks instead of just retreading the Genesis.
Pietepiet said that Falk apparently did the mastering for a lot of them?

Regardless, I'm very impressed with the album, and I'm pretty happy to see a lot of familiar faces on it (Jeff Ball, Gryzor87, Falk, Kozilek, and a bunch of others!). I'm quite fond of many of the tracks in general on it.

Kokonoe

Banned
Happy birthday! I posted the Sonic cake like last week, lol. Someone else should do it.

And you're the third-oldest. Blaze/Sega1991 posts here too.

Haha, I'll get the other weird one.

Here you go tigger.

BoSy6QB.jpg

TheOGB

Banned
blueskies_greenhills2.png

http://pietepiet.bandcamp.com/album/blue-skies-green-hills

https://soundcloud.com/pietepiet/sets/blue-skies-green-hills

We're out!
Very proud to finally release Blue Skies, Green Hills. The Sonic remix project I've organized and coordinated since fucking June. Lots of stuff went wrong, but in the end we finally managed to get 10 awesome tracks from really great artists together :)

Super special thanks to Falk for helping me keep the project on track, figuring out the track order and mastering and overall being just a really great dude!

Hope you guys enjoy, and please spread the word :)
This is pretty cool. That Hidden Palace on Pumpkin Hill track had my head bobbin' like I was at a concert.

Pietepiet

Nice to hear some takes on modern tracks instead of just retreading the Genesis.

When I asked artists for this, I actively pointed them towards obscure tracks and Modern in particular, cause a lot of them really only knew Genesis stuff. I'm just really happy nobody remixed Green Hill Zone, haha!

Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

Also: happy birthday, tigger! :)

Pietepiet

I agree. I actually sent a lot of handheld stuff to the artists for them to check out, but I guess only doseone did a portable track.

Now you too can enjoy a combat system so bland it makes DQ1 look like TWEWY

Mario and Luigi 4 looks cool

Yoshi's Island DS kinda looks ugly, tbh. Dem prerendered sprites, no me gusta

but oh shit, Bravery Default announcment

Oh shit guys, Earthbound for Wii U Virtual Console. Finally us PAL plebs will be allowed to play it.
Y'know, I was joking when I said over on Retro "y'know, now that I bought a copy, NoA will suddenly have a change of heart and rerelease it, causing eBay prices to plummet and making me have wasted a crapton of money, because the universe likes to mock me".

But whatever. More people can legally play it. This is a good thing.

The most hype announcement of all...
NEW DKCR STAGES!

I'm more excited for Yarn Yoshi than I am for YI 3DS, I know it's too soon to jump to such conclusions but screw it, it looks like Yoshi's Island yet again with shakier art direction.

Actually, wasn't Yoshi's Island's unique art direction a protest against the 3D CGI renders that Nintendo execs wanted Miyamoto to use, after Donkey Kong Country took off like wildfire?

...and here we are, with a Yoshi's Island game that looks pretty much like what YI would've had Miyamoto obliged it, instead of fighting it.

Kinda funny.

I don't even care about the Yoshi's Island style. Yeah the original was miles better and is iconic but the new one is servicable. I just want the actual stage design to be better than YIDS.

Also, LttP2. I don't remember selling my soul but I guess I must have at some point for that to come about.

I'm in for Mario and Luigi 4, and DKCR with no motion controls and new levels. Yoshi's Island is my favorite thing to come out of Nintendo EAD during the SNES era, but that art style...uggu~

and LttP2 looks like a fanfic project for Android or some shit.

Can't BELIEVE we still don't have a release date for The Wonderful 101. Kamiya pls :(

Mario & Luigi 4 looks nice. I'd have been more excited for Bravely Default if I hadn't already bought the JP version. Don't care about Zelda, and I've never really been much of a fan of the Yoshi games outside of the first Yoshi's Island.

Glad to hear Earthbound's coming worldwide, though.

Actually, wasn't Yoshi's Island's unique art direction a protest against the 3D CGI renders that Nintendo execs wanted Miyamoto to use, after Donkey Kong Country took off like wildfire?

...and here we are, with a Yoshi's Island game that looks pretty much like what YI would've had Miyamoto obliged it, instead of fighting it.

Kinda funny.

Poor old Yoshi's Story, nobody remembers it.
If they were going to go with the pre rendered style then i'd actually rather they draw from Story's visuals, the game ain't so great but it looked nice, then again one could say Yarn Yoshi is taking the Story style.

ALttP 2, well i'm happy that the people who don't like the 3D titles finally get the long asked for New Legend of Zelda (unfortunately right down to the art direction it seems) but honestly i've never been a massive fan of ALttP, it's good but i've always preferred Link's Awakening, Minish Cap and hell maybe even Four Sword Adventures as far as top down Zelda goes, of course they all owe ALttP a great deal.
Deep down I really wanted another Zelda running from that OoT engine, oh well.

Okay so now all of those series are dealt with complete with all relevant Mario spin offs under the sun (actually, i'll take Strikers as well) maybe 3DS can finally set its sights on the other series, since SNES titles are the inspiration here it's time for NEW Super Metroid, except not looking like arse visually please.
Or you know genuinely new series that aren't trapped on the eShop...aha, i'm a funny guy.

I can't even remember if Starfy made it over here.
Well I bought Last Window, where's my new Kyle Hyde sleuthing at? oh yeah, Cing are dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom