• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if YI is Artoon again/whatever their successor is, oh lord, I will not be happy.
I don't think Artoon exists anymore? Which probably means it'd be easier for personnel from that team to work on this without you realizing it.

Maybe it'll be by Arzest instead; they already have a history with Nintendo, working on Streetpass Mii Plaza and stuff.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I really dislike the way Yoshi looks. Kills pretty much everything I loved about the look of the orginal, which are crayon style drawings...
Yeah, the original looks so much better than this and I wish they went in that direction instead. I would've been happier about it. I think the original was faster than this slightly too?

Artoon is dead though.

At least I think it is?
They are. I meant Arzest or whatever their successor's name is.

Edit: Beaten.

qq more

I wish Nintendo would stop ditching sprites so much. What the hell? Why is it that they're ditching sprites completely? Is there even a 3DS Nintendo game with sprites?

I mean there's nothing wrong with models but... sprites are gone! All gone!

qq more

Oh I just remembered something! Iwata said there will be N64 games on the Wii U VC (of course that would eventually happen!). Oh man... playing N64 games in HD resolution...!

EDIT: I like how we all talk about Nintendo wayyy more than we talk about Sonic overall.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I wish Nintendo would stop ditching sprites so much. What the hell? Why is it that they're ditching sprites completely? Is there even a 3DS Nintendo game with sprites?
I think it would be perfectly fine to have a sprite-based platformer with the 3D settings on, right?

I can't really see the 3D in the first place since my vision doesn't allow for it, but I presume that they're going the mostly 3D route because of the 3DS's features.

...Oh man, I just realized that Yoshi's going to make sounds in this game. I think that ruined the GBA port of Yoshi's Island completely for me. I can never bring myself to play that port, like ever, because of that alone. Huge shame. Yoshi's Island is one of my favourite games of all time.

I mean there's nothing wrong with models but... sprites are gone! All gone!

Yeah, I think the DS era was the last we'll see of sprites (on a consistent basis) from Nintendo on handhelds.

Shame too, I love me some pixel art.

qq more

I think it would be perfectly fine to have a sprite-based platformer with the 3D settings on, right?

I can't really see the 3D in the first place since my vision doesn't allow for it, but I presume that they're going the mostly 3D route because of the 3DS's features.

...Oh man, I just realized that Yoshi's going to make sounds in this game. I think that ruined the GBA port of Yoshi's Island completely for me. I can never bring myself to play that port, like ever, because of that alone.
I tried a sprite based game in 3D. It looked fantastic. I wish Nintendo didn't ditch sprites, their games would've looked amazing.

Yoshi's voice is fine. Hmph *crosses arms*

Kokonoe

Banned
Yoshi also talks in all of the Mario spinoffs as well.

Kart
Strikers
Party
Baseball
Hoops
Tennis
Golf
Smash

I think the only games he didn't was Yoshi's Cookie, World, and World 2.

qq more

Baby Yoshi's WAH WAHHHH in NSMBU is great

there I said it

EDIT: What the fuck at some of the posts in that Bravely Default thread. Fuckin' perverts

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I, ah, haven't played many of the Mario spinoffs, so I'm not as used to Yoshi's voice as you guys are. >.>

Like I've said before, not a huge Mario fan over here. I know a certain someone is probably going to work to change that, though. I wonder if he'll succeed.
KuGsj.gif

EDIT: I like how we all talk about Nintendo wayyy more than we talk about Sonic overall.
Tell me when Sega finally releases Sega Directs. decides to start caring again.

there I said it
...Just you wait until Thursday, qq more. Just you wait.

qq more

I, ah, haven't played many of the Mario spinoffs, so I'm not as used to Yoshi's voice as you guys are. >.>

Like I've said before, not a huge Mario fan over here. I know a certain someone is probably going to work to change that, though. I wonder if he'll succeed.
KuGsj.gif
Play NSMBU... or not because you hate BAH BAHs

Tell me when Sega finally releases Sega Directs. decides to start caring again.
I want a Sega Direct starring Iizuka now.

...Just you wait until Thursday, qq more. Just you wait.
ruh roh

Well that's just because you think I'm boring.

???

Kokonoe

Banned

there I said it

EDIT: What the fuck at some of the posts in that Bravely Default thread. Fuckin' perverts

Well it's otaku pandering artstyle with outfits that bulge the shape of their bodies through their skin tight clothing, it's all you can really expect.

I mean, those guys will show up as long as:

1. Anime art style
2. Female character

They are always looking to add a new waifu to their image collection.

KuGsj.gif

I can understand that, I grew up with the N64 and such so it was like kinda right there soon after for me. Although to be honest, most Mario spinoffs aren't for me.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
By the way, VGCW is tonight, in case people (Schala) don't know.
What the fuck! Tonight is the Night? Bazza ruining my plans...

Well, I can't even watch it because it's during my exams. Shucks. Were they having trouble finding a recorder? I guess I'll have to catch up tomorrow evening if it is recorded. I'm more disappointed because I enjoy it more when I watch it with you guys.

EDIT: Earth Seeker looked cool, too.
From the Japanese reviews I'd read, Earth Seeker was apparently awful, and it's probably best we didn't get it.

I can understand that, I grew up with the N64 and such so it was like kinda right there soon after for me. Although to be honest, most Mario spinoffs aren't for me.
Yeah, I skipped out on Mario 64 until recently, so I think that played a huge role in my lack of enthusiasm for anything Mario, to be honest.

I want a Sega Direct starring Iizuka now.
Year of Shadow.

qq more

Well it's otaku pandering artstyle with outfits that bulge the shape of their bodies through their skin tight clothing, it's all you can really expect.

I mean, those guys will show up as long as:

1. Anime art style
2. Female character

They are always looking to add a new waifu to their image collection.

Ugh, they're so creepy. They seriously have no self control... That Dragon's Crown thread the other day was absolutely embarrassing. Did something ever became of it or did they got away with it?

...Oh man, I just realized that Yoshi's going to make sounds in this game. I think that ruined the GBA port of Yoshi's Island completely for me. I can never bring myself to play that port, like ever, because of that alone. Huge shame. Yoshi's Island is one of my favourite games of all time.
Oddly, the added voices in the GBA remakes of SNES games never bothered me. This includes making Yoshi sound like a Baby Yoshi from Story.

Kokonoe

Banned
Ugh, they're so creepy. They seriously have no self control... That Dragon's Crown thread the other day was absolutely embarrassing. Did something ever became of it or did they got away with it?

Nothing happened, I think that stuff is okay here on GAF now. I've seen it now more than I ever have, it's almost as if I'm on a anime fan forum. Well, least I know I can PM people doujinshi and talk about it in public on GAF now in video game threads.

What the fuck! Tonight is the Night? Bazza ruining my plans...

Well, I can't even watch it because it's during my exams. Shucks. Were they having trouble finding a recorder? I guess I'll have to catch up tomorrow evening if it is recorded. I'm more disappointed because I enjoy it more when I watch it with you guys.

Bummer. I'm trying to get my essay finished so I can watch it without distraction, myself. There's been a lot of that today.

qq more

Nothing happened, I think that stuff is okay here on GAF now. I've seen it now more than I ever have, it's almost as if I'm on a anime fan forum. Well, least I know I can PM people doujinshi and talk about it in public on GAF now in video game threads.
I'm gonna stick to a few threads from now on. I'm so sick of the creepiness, it's really uncomfortable.

Bummer. I'm trying to get my essay finished so I can watch it without distraction, myself. There's been a lot of that today.

Yeah, no kidding.

Just remembered that I volunteered to help close up shop at work today. Looks like I'll be taking a cab home so I don't miss it tonight.

Well here's one more, this one disgusted me more than anything else here. Scroll down a lil bit.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=54213966#post54213966
Wow.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Oddly, the added voices in the GBA remakes of SNES games never bothered me. This includes making Yoshi sound like a Baby Yoshi from Story.
Man, I wish I could do that. I just couldn't get over it because I was so used to no voice clips over the years.

Shadow The Hedgehog 2: Dark Gunz

Shadow Generations DLC

Sonic and Shadow RPG and it's all about Shadow's past, Sonic is just there

etc
Now you have me wondering about the quality of the soundtrack.

Yeah, it's too bad. You're lucky cuz you have a paper and can probably multitask. I have to get my butt to school to write an exam, haha. I'm really disappointed. At least Thursday was doable because I was meaning to take the night off from studying then, and my heart was set on watching it then.

I hope I can watch it with someone else tomorrow, but that won't be too likely.

Man, I hope I don't get spoiled by the time I watch it.

Well uh... let's shift discussion to something else then.

I'm still a bit surprised that a new Sonic title hasn't been announced yet. Though if that means they're actually putting a lot of time & work into it, I don't really mind.

qq more

The wait for the next 3D mainline Sonic game is actually torture at this point. Damn you Colors and Generations for being good games!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Pretty sure he was joking.

Sonic is the new Megaman.
Could've said that when Sonic X-treme was canned. >.>

Also, Mega Man Xtreme 1 and 2 ain't that hot, so perhaps it was a blessing in disguise. (*waits for qq more to get all mad about this like he usually does for some reason even though he knows the truth*)

Nah, I'm still waiting on one. It's still April, but I'm a bit surprised as well. I need a new Sonic soundtrack in my veins, dammit.

Asked this question in IRC, but want to post it here as well.

I've been kicking around the idea of a Sonic centered podcast and was thinking "Gotta Go Cast!" would be a good name, but I usually suck at making good names. What do you guys think?

qq more

Xtreme are the best games ever

nah I kid, they're alright... I just don't agree with Bean's hyperbole about them!

NO NEW SONIC GAMES ANNOUNCED IN A YEAR??!!

LOL I GUESS IT'S DEAD

DOOM DOOM DOOM

In our defense, Capcom cancelled all of the upcoming games and there hasn't been a mainline Mega Man title since 2010.

Asked this question in IRC, but want to post it here as well.

I've been kicking around the idea of a Sonic centered podcast and was thinking "Gotta Go Cast!" would be a good name, but I usually suck at making good names. What do you guys think?

Pod the Cast, consider me having run that joke well and truly into the ground, through the earth and back out the other side, now I can be at peace.

Gotta Go Cast isn't that bad at all, I like it.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Dang it, Nocturn the Owl.

Xtreme are the best games ever

nah I kid, they're alright... I just don't agree with Bean's hyperbole about them!
But it's not hyperbole. He's got some good assertions behind his opinion, not to mention that playthrough he did of it the other day.

To his credit, neither game is very good to me, which is why assigned both of them to him as punishment... and knocked Xtreme 2 off the list because both of us were getting irritated by the end of Xtreme 1.

qq more

Dang it, Nocturn the Owl.

But it's not hyperbole. He's got some good assertions behind his opinion, not to mention that playthrough he did of it the other day.

To his credit, neither game is very good to me, which is why assigned both of them to him as punishment... and knocked Xtreme 2 off the list because both of us were getting irritated by the end of Xtreme 1.

No it's just the fact he considers it worse than X6 and X7! He has valid reasons to not like them though, but... I can't picture anyone saying they're worse than those. It's like saying Sonic 3D Blast is worse than 06!

oh well opinions

Fun fact: I've actually figured out how to do multiple servers on mIRC and have registered my nick on Rizon, but haven't joined #sonicgaf yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom