• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently we did get the DS one, i've don't recall ever seeing it anywhere in my lifetime of browsing DS game racks.

Having watched the LttP2 trailer with 3D i'm thinking that the visuals in dungeons look infinitely superior to the garish overworld. And that I hate Moldorm, the annoying bugger.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Perhaps it's because I'm preoccupied and nervous as all hell, why can't I bring myself to be excited for a Bravely Default localization?

Same goes for ALttP 2, I guess. It's something I'd always wanted, but...

I dunno. *shrug*

I'm not sure about Yoshi's Island aesthetics.

Also, I think I understand Bravely Default's name, thanks to this Nintendo Direct.

Although I still get images of the US budget battle from 2011.

but it's out this year

see

VR0C6uU.png

this year

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Yeah, Bravely Default's name makes sense within the story's context (I haven't watched ND yet).

Because it's not coming out for another year.

...and hey, they did announce Layton, yay.
...Nah, I don't think I saw the release date prior to posting that, actually. I... just really can't bring myself to care at the moment. It's odd, because this would finally allow me to give my 3DS some actual honest-to-god play time.

FAKE EDIT: I know why now, since I just asked Aeana about it in the thread.

It's the otaku pandering shit in that game that's making me feel iffy about it. And I think that's why I got so tired of RPGs lately. Many of the stuff I've played recently has a ton of it, so much so that I've gotten so sick and tired of it that I've dropped the genre in general again.

Even the few times I tried to play Xillia 2 this week were short-lived, though that might be because I've been on pins and needles all week. Also it has a little girl falling flat on her face because it's so kawaii or something.

Q2DZ9.gif

No. I think I've had enough, thanks. Every single damn game...

qq more

Your fault for playing Neptunia!

But yeah that shit is one of the reasons why I have a hard time getting into RPGs. JRPG-wise, I tend to play the old school ones.

Remember when RPGs were about fantastical worlds and endearing casts instead of just pandering to the lowest common denominator? Good times.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
But I haven't played Neptunia Victory yet, qq, and when I played Neptunia 1 (and dropped it halfway through) and Neptunia 2, I skipped the cutscenes because they were unbearable. And that was when I could tolerate this stuff. Now? I wouldn't give the dialogue or cutscenes the time of day in most games, though granted, I'm not attached to the idea of having grand cutscenes where I have to wait for characters to speak as opposed to me scrolling through text because I read quickly. Again, I enjoy games more when they have respect for the player's time.

No, I don't think it's some sort of modern RPG norm that I have to accept and go along with the flow for. I've played too many RPGs this gen with that stuff, and I'm frankly tired of it. It truly makes the games and some of the extra content by-the-numbers and incredibly predictable.

Seven Force said:
Remember when RPGs were about fantastical worlds and endearing casts instead of just pandering to the lowest common denominator? Good times.
How did it end up like this?

hahaha she probably has a concussion

so kawaii
Concussions are Super Kawaii.

Eight years old and she still can't walk well?
Older women in some RPGs do the same thing.
KuGsj.gif

Eight years old and she still can't walk well?

Maybe she's actually a toddler but is simply stated to be eight years old because reasons, that's how it works right? or does that logic only begin when the age bracket increases.

And of course Concussions are Super Kawaii, how else are you going to have a solid reason for someone to spout odd noises that can be mistaken as (apparently) adorable?

I was playing FE:A earlier and now i'll never be able to view that lass who keeps tripping over the same way, I was just thinking klutz but you've gone and ruined things forever Sonic Gaf!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Maybe she's actually a toddler but is simply stated to be eight years old because reasons, that's how it works right? or does that logic only begin when the age bracket increases.

And of course Concussions are Super Kawaii, how else are you going to have a solid reason for someone to spout odd noises that can be mistaken as (apparently) adorable?
Late preteen/early teens, Nocturnowl.

Getting hurt would make me cute and make cute noises? Excuse me while I go run around the house, slip, fall, and smack my head against the corner of the wall. Because it's cute, right?

I was playing FE:A earlier and now i'll never be able to view that lass who keeps tripping over the same way, I was just thinking klutz but you've gone and ruined things forever Sonic Gaf!
As soon as I saw the first instance of that in FE:A, I began to dislike that character forever.

Lightning Returns will save us!
Yes, Lightning's new designs and outfits clearly not intended for pandering to people or for Toriyama's amusement will save us.
yVvigif.gif

qq more

But I haven't played Neptunia Victory yet, qq, and when I played Neptunia 1 (and dropped it halfway through) and Neptunia 2, I skipped the cutscenes because they were unbearable. And that was when I could tolerate this stuff. Now? I wouldn't give the dialogue or cutscenes the time of day in most games, though granted, I'm not attached to the idea of having grand cutscenes where I have to wait for characters to speak as opposed to me scrolling through text because I read quickly. Again, I enjoy games more when they have respect for the player's time.

No, I don't think it's some sort of modern RPG norm that I have to accept and go along with the flow for. I've played too many RPGs this gen with that stuff, and I'm frankly tired of it. It truly makes the games and some of the extra content by-the-numbers and incredibly predictable.

Good, sell it! ...Or destroy it, whichever you prefer.

Zelda has saved the 3DS.

And Earthbound saved the Wii U

...sort of... kind of...

As soon as I saw the first instance of that in FE:A, I began to dislike that character forever.

..What character are you two speaking of? Is it that stupid dragon girl? *has yet to play much of the game*

It's like Sakurai has infiltrated all JRPG studios
Sakurai had that stuff down to an art, he applied it to gameplay and we all shared a laugh, well on the first time at least, not so much the other hundred times.

All I can think of is this unholy abomination. (Watch with annotations on, for your sanity.)
....my mind!
(also what the devil is bobbing around in the background of that Xillia gif?!)

Late preteen/early teens, Nocturnowl.
What a devastating lack of consistency.

Getting hurt would make me cute and make cute noises? Excuse me while I go run around the house, slip, fall, and smack my head against the corner of the wall. Because it's cute, right?
I don't know, maybe you're too old to be "adorably" smashing your cranium into furniture, that and I don't think it will help those exams.

qq more

If it's 3D Land then bring it on some more, 3D Land is my favorite Mario since Sunshine.

Guess I can finally try out Dot Eyes, the RPG about little people.

You really should because it's a really charming RPG. The gameplay is a bit flawed but it's still a great game!

EDIT: I am disappointed that Luigi 3DS LL isn't actually green itself.

Kokonoe

Banned
You really should because it's a really charming RPG. The gameplay is a bit flawed but it's still a great game!

EDIT: I am disappointed that Luigi 3DS LL isn't actually green itself.

Oh you saw my post? I felt the same way. The color of Luigi is like the perfect color of green, and it would have been perfectly ultimate great moth.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
My Earthbound cart is on the other side of my room where my working-condition SNES is. >.>

Good, sell it! ...Or destroy it, whichever you prefer.
I'll still play it because I paid for it. And the platinum's apparently brain-dead easy. I'm not going to pay attention to the story, though I feel like I've been saying that about games for half a year now. :/

Speaking of platinums, I've been thinking of finally 100%ing Sonic 4: Episode 2, and maybe... just maybe... if I'm not going to go insane, platinuming Sonic Unleashed. I'll probably go insane halfway through and stop.

What character are you two speaking of? Is it that stupid dragon girl? *has yet to play much of the game*
Sumia.

Nocturnowl said:
(also what the devil is bobbing around in the background of that Xillia gif?!)
The second-best mascot character in the entire series, under Tenebrae: Tipo.

All I can think of is this unholy abomination. (Watch with annotations on, for your sanity.)
Just saw this. Oh my god...

qq more

Oh you saw my post? I felt the same way. The color of Luigi is like the perfect color of green, and it would have been perfectly ultimate great moth.

I haven't seen your post, I just saw the 3DS LL itself and had the same exact thought. I really want a green 3DS XL. I'm sick of owning blue handhelds!

great minds think alike

qq more

Come to think of it... all of my handhelds are blue/black/white.

White: Brick GB, DS phat, DS Lite

Blue: GBC (actually teal), GBASP, 3DS

Black: Game Gear, PSP, DSiXL (not exactly black but close enough), GBASP

yepppp at least I have a Jungle Green N64 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
None of the 3DS announcements really excite me for some weird reason. I mean, it's nice to see some new stuff, but ehhh
I kinda feel the same way, and it's really weird because I'm a huge Zelda fan, and I love Yoshi's Island. I blame it on being nervous about tonight and tomorrow because I really really really should be excited for ALttP2 and YI 3DS.

Or maybe I'm jaded, I dunno.

...is the Soul Sacrifice demo out yet?
Grace Chen hasn't updated the store yet?

Kokonoe

Banned
2D Zelda without using a stylus to move after all this time, I don't even care about my expectations at this point, just happy it's finally here.

qq more

None of the 3DS announcements really excite me for some weird reason. I mean, it's nice to see some new stuff, but ehhh
I was only excited by the Wii U stuff but I'm really interested in half of the titles that got announced on the 3DS. LTTP2 sounds cool. But I have no idea how I feel about Yoshi's Island 3DS... :/

Ahahahah the ending to that.

2D Zelda without using a stylus to move after all this time, I don't even care about my expectations at this point, just happy it's finally here.

I'm probably the only person that never minded the stylus controls in the DS Zeldas. Too bad the games themselves weren't actually great. :x

It'll probably be around the same level of quality as Minish Cap was, IIRC; very good, but kinda unmemorable outside of a few highlights.

I kinda feel the same way, and it's really weird because I'm a huge Zelda fan, and I love Yoshi's Island. I blame it on being nervous about tonight and tomorrow because I really really really should be excited for ALttP2 and YI 3DS.

Or maybe I'm jaded, I dunno.

Yoshi's Island looks okay, but after the DS outing, I'm skeptical. I guess I can say I'm looking forward to the Oracle games, since they're made(I think?) in the mold of Link's Awakening.

Good luck with those exams, by the way! I'm sure you'll do fine.

Too many familiar faces and very mediocre aesthetics, I reckon.

Yeah, I think this is exactly it.

I was only excited by the Wii U stuff but I'm really interested in half of the titles that got announced on the 3DS.

I don't even have a Wii U, but the EB announcement did put a smile on my face.

Broach

Banned

While this is true for the Anime kind of games, I think the ball dropped for FFXIII, Star Ocean 4 etc. dropped somewhere else, and not really pandering to a lower intellectual.

Kokonoe

Banned
I'm probably the only person that never minded the stylus controls in the DS Zeldas. Too bad the games themselves weren't actually great. :x

Stylus controls, motion controls. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

It'll probably be around the same level of quality as Minish Cap was, IIRC; very good, but kinda unmemorable outside of a few highlights.

Sounds good to me, anything is better after the only bad Zelda game I've ever played, Spirit Tracks.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Meccanical. I can get on board with that because holy shit, son. The ending of it; hahahaha.

Seven Force said:
Good luck with those exams, by the way! I'm sure you'll do fine.
Thanks! I was kind of panicking last night and I'm... kind of panicking now.

Just gotta remember to breathe.

Too many familiar faces and very mediocre aesthetics, I reckon.
So I'm not the only one feeling this way about both of those games.

I mean, I hope the animations are alright because that would be great, but I can't help but to feel like something's off with both YI and ALttP2. I know I'm not liking the prerendered sprites in YI.

zelda58uk4.gif

fdjP4oR.gif

And if YI is Artoon again/whatever their successor is, oh lord, I will not be happy.

Broach

Banned
I really dislike the way Yoshi looks. Kills pretty much everything I loved about the look of the orginal, which are crayon style drawings...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom