• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
No it's just the fact he considers it worse than X6 and X7! He has valid reasons to not like them though, but... I can't picture anyone saying they're worse than those. It's like saying Sonic 3D Blast is worse than 06!

oh well opinions
I do think it's partially because you have the other X games to compare Xtreme 1 and 2 to, and also because the controls, music, and balancing in those games are odd compared to their predecessors. At least you have something to directly compare Xtreme 1 and 2 to, you know what I mean? And both Xtreme games feel incredibly wonky by comparison. And you remember how he had to beat Xtreme 1 three times and made me suffer through the game multiple times with him as a result? Oh, yes, that was impeccable game design, wasn't it? Who designed this?

X6 and X7 exist on their own, and yes, they're pretty fucking bad, but I can see where he's coming from at least.

Who the hell is Bean
An idiot. Stupid. Moron. Foolish fool.

qq more

Serious talk: Bean is actually a cool dude and we tried to get him a GAF account but to no avail unfortunately. He would fit right in with MegaGAF and SonicGAF

Broach

Banned
It's hard to tell how the next Sonic game will even look like. Currently, Sonic is one the few franchises that constantly suprise me visually.

Like after Unleashed, you knew the path was gonna be more fantastical/old-school Sonic like. Where will it go now?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
If Schala hates him, then he's the best ever.
KuGsj.gif

If he joined, you'd be the fourth-oldest.

Shame he doesn't have a GAF account. We've tried thinking of several options, but none of 'em work out. It sucks because I think he'd fit in perfectly well in both SonicGAF and MegaGAF. He's quite a reasonable guy and he knows his stuff, so I'd like to see him post on GAF.

It's hard to tell how the next Sonic game will even look like. Currently, Sonic is one the few franchises that constantly suprise me visually.

Like after Unleashed, you knew the path was gonna be more fantastical/old-school Sonic like. Where will it go now?
I agree with this completely. I don't only like the Hedgehog Engine, but also I love the art direction in these games a lot. Colours wowed me because of the art direction and abundance of colour alone.

Definitely. Unleashed has some ridiculously good lighting, Colors has some of the best art direction in the 3D titles (Planet Wisp and Aquarium Park in particular are quite inspired) and Generations is bright and colorful.

I like it a lot, especially considering the reason I got into the series as a kid was because of how colorful the games were.

Broach

Banned
I like it a lot, especially considering the reason I got into the series as a kid was because of how colorful the games were.

It's basicilly the visual spectacle of the 16-bit games recrated for the modern era.

When you played Sonic 1 you felt like you were playing a cartoon, in recent games you feel you are playing a Pixar movie.

qq more

It's basicilly the visual spectacle of the 16-bit games recrated for the modern era.

When you played Sonic 1 you felt like you were playing a cartoon, in recent games you feel you are playing a Pixar movie.

Unleashed definitely felt like a Pixar game. I love it.

Kokonoe

Banned
I'm still speechless

What can I even say about this? Good god. I was about to link to some posts from the BDFF thread but... this... this takes the cake. good god

I am seriously disgusted at these posters. Seriously disgusted.

Yeah, it's certainly not making my experience on these boards entertaining. Part of why I liked NeoGAF was they had no tolerance against this kind of stuff, but now there's almost no difference from being on 'free' boards.

qq more

Yeah, it's certainly not making my experience on these boards entertaining. Part of why I liked NeoGAF was they had no tolerance against this kind of stuff, but now there's almost no difference from being on 'free' boards.

Yeah, I could've sworn it was better than this... :/

Combined with console wars bs, it's really hard to enjoy the gaming side now. It saddens me because it used to be somewhat great.

Nert

...what.
...the.
...fuck.

Oh hey, the person that disagreed with me when I said that Etrian Odyssey IV has terrible character portraits : /

I agree with everyone saying that the recent 3D Sonic titles have had great visual styles. Generations on the PC might be one of my favorite looking games from the generation. It's so vibrant and colorful!

Sciz

Team Sonic's is too cornball even for me, and SOOONIIIC HEEEEROOOOES (HEEEROOOES (HEEEROOOES)) wore out its welcome pretty fast, but the other four are pretty good. Not the series' best, but I appreciate the diversity.

OMG Aero

but it's out this year

see

VR0C6uU.png

this year
Man it was so glorious seeing Layton and Bravely Default announced for 2013 in Europe then going online and seeing they are 2014 in America. And on a region locked console no less!
It'll be nice to see those people who say region locking isn't a big deal in threads about games being delayed in Europe on the other side of the fence for once.

Also since I missed the rest of Nintendochat, I'm not the only one who isn't excited for the new Zelda game just because it's ALTTP2 right? That's not a crazy irrational thing is it?
I'd probably be all over that game if it was all new, but making a sequel to ALTTP out of nowhere when it could just as well be unrelated just reeks of "HEY GUYS REMEMBER THAT GAME YOU LIKED ON THE SNES HERE'S ANOTHER ONE" pandering from Nintendo.
All the themes in Sonic Heroes besides Team Rose are pure awesome.
Yeah all those themes are unironically awesome. What I'm Made Of is the best one though. That was the custom music I used when I was getting that no hit achievement on the last boss of Generations and it almost made all those HOMING ATTACKS bearable.

Noi

Also since I missed the rest of Nintendochat, I'm not the only one who isn't excited for the new Zelda game just because it's ALTTP2 right? That's not a crazy irrational thing is it?
I'd probably be all over that game if it was all new, but making a sequel to ALTTP out of nowhere when it could just as well be unrelated just reeks of "HEY GUYS REMEMBER THAT GAME YOU LIKED ON THE SNES HERE'S ANOTHER ONE" pandering from Nintendo.

I'm in the same boat. I'd be all over a new handheld Zelda, but a retread on an older game? Eh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom