• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMG Aero

Though, I haven't seen the pic so I don't really understand the full situation. :s
Here it is for context. It's not even funny, really.
The paranoia is earned. You know what Sonic threads gaming-side are like.
I'll be honest I don't see what the issue is. Like it or not there is a negative perception of Sonic games/fans and whatever way you act isn't going to change that or the thoughts of people who have already made up their minds. I don't care what Sonic threads are like on gaming side because I play those games to have fun and because playing Sonic games isn't a huge defining part of my identity then who cares what other people think about it.

If what other people thought of people who play certain games/franchises/genres mattered to me then I guess I would play no video games.

Well, you're not wrong. Kinda OT from the original point, mind.

Bottom line, I don't want a picture of a condom in our thread because I don't wanna see a fucking picture of a Sonic condom full stop. It's really that simple! Although I do wish that the perception of liking Sonic games still makes you part of a weirdo community would go away, ultimately my response to weird shit in this thread is purely a response to how weird and shitty it is.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Since people were feeling uncomfortable with the subject matter in the first place, then it makes sense that people wanted it gone.

The last thing I want in this thread is for people to feel discomfort in posting here, but it doesn't mean you have to feel like you're walking on glass to post in here either. If it's something like what JC posted or what was in Broach's original post, it's best to embed in a link. That's perfectly fine. You're still posting it in here, and people can click on it at their own discretion.

If I'm browsing GAF at work or school, I don't feel like seeing a condom wrapper turn up on a page, either.

Bottom line, though: No shitty fanart and no shitty fanfiction, as stated in the OP. Just be respectful and cordial of each other, and exercise good judgement before you post something. Alright?

qq more

Since people were feeling uncomfortable with the subject matter in the first place, then it makes sense that people wanted it gone.

The last thing I want in this thread is for people to feel discomfort in posting here, but it doesn't mean you have to feel like you're walking on glass to post in here either. If it's something like what JC posted or what was in Broach's original post, it's best to embed in a link. That's perfectly fine. You're still posting it in here, and people can click on it at their own discretion.

If I'm browsing GAF at work or school, I don't feel like seeing a condom wrapper turn up on a page, either.

Bottom line, though: No shitty fanart and no shitty fanfiction, as stated in the OP. Just be respectful and cordial of each other, and exercise good judgement before you post something. Alright?
This is exactly how I feel about it.

Even though seeing the pic now, it's not as awful as I thought it would be... but yeah I don't really want people to be uncomfortable by seeing it either. And it's still something that could get people in trouble by viewing the thread in work/school.

Noi

Eh, Im more lenient on bad fanart depending on context. It's not like we go out of our way to look for it and post it here, funny art is alright.

shrekmytimehereisogre.jpeg

Huh. Guess I missed something here.

Funny story today, had to babysit a younger relative. To be frank, his taste in games are what you'd expect from an 8 year old. Pokemon, tons of shovelware, and wait for it... Sonic 06. So imagine my surprise when I load up the PS3 so that he can play it and instead goes "Nahhhh, I don't wanna play that. I want to play that" and points at the SNES I left hooked up from a session yesterday. Ended up playing Contra and Turtles In Time all afternoon with the little guy. I'm glad I could expose him to some better games. (And even prouder of how receptive he was of them!)

Noi

You'd be surprised how receptive kids can be for older games these days. If there's one boon that the rise of mobile games brought, it's people not caring as much if a game doesn't have the shiniest graphics if it's fun to play.

Unless it looks as generic as Fuse does.

Quackula

Huh. Guess I missed something here.

Funny story today, had to babysit a younger relative. To be frank, his taste in games are what you'd expect from an 8 year old. Pokemon, tons of shovelware, and wait for it... Sonic 06. So imagine my surprise when I load up the PS3 so that he can play it and instead goes "Nahhhh, I don't wanna play that. I want to play that" and points at the SNES I left hooked up from a session yesterday. Ended up playing Contra and Turtles In Time all afternoon with the little guy. I'm glad I could expose him to some better games. (And even prouder of how receptive he was of them!)

You'd be surprised how receptive kids can be for older games these days. If there's one boon that the rise of mobile games brought, it's people not caring as much if a game doesn't have the shiniest graphics if it's fun to play.

Unless it looks as generic as Fuse does.

I know, I was able to get 10 of my cousins kids to behave with 16 bit love.

Most kids I've known really don't give a flip how old a game is, they just want to have fun. I know I didn't care when I was younger.

Nert

JC was permabanned? That's unfortunate, although I'm not sure what he was thinking with that quoted post of his : /

They're already used to scraping the bottom of the barrel with their games' demographic. Due to their success they must think that barrel is on top an oil field and are intending to drill all the way through.

TheOGB

Banned
Leaving another link because Namco, wtf are you doing.
sC0lW.gif

"Idolm@ster iOS, whatev--FIFTY WHAT???"

Can someone tell me I'm not alone about this song being amazing?

An Empty Tome - Castlevania Harmony of Despair set it to HD for HD

Of course not, An Empty Tome is great stuff as it a lot of Ecclesia's soundtrack.
HoD had a lot of great remixes, some better than the originals, its take on Aria of Sorrow's Heart of Fire mix is pure distilled awesome.
A shame that there was no Jaws of a scorched earth remix though.

What happened?
Lol Beef wins of course.
But those two weeks are over now!
Though really I wasn't betting as much against him as I was betting against reality.

I can't believe you people fell for that.
I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!
I'M NOT CRYING, LEAVE ME ALONE!

I was legit shook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom