• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOGB

Banned
X7oBE.png

FQYV4.png
so i'm messing around in source filmmaker

Sciz

I know nostalgia exists, but I think using it as a means for deciding what people like isn't quite right. I mean by that logic, would I be nostalgic for liking classic Sonic games?

Well... yeah. Nostalgia isn't everything, but in the case of a series like Sonic where most everyone got into it as kids, you're not going to find a ton of people who don't want to see more of the specific flavor they grew up on.

If they do end up making SA3, I'd love to see the reaction if it's announced without Shadow.

qq more

Well... yeah. Nostalgia isn't everything, but in the case of a series like Sonic where most everyone got into it as kids, you're not going to find a ton of people who don't want to see more of the specific flavor they grew up on.

If they do end up making SA3, I'd love to see the reaction if it's announced without Shadow.

No Shadow in SA3 would be an amazing way to troll the newer fans.

I wouldn't mind if they introduced a new character or two in SA3 as long as they completely leave out Shadow and the other newer characters. That would make so much more sense in the end, no need for amnesia and or nano machine bullshit.

Kokonoe

Banned
If they were to introduce another character, I'd like it to be something different from slenderish humanoidish. I don't mean Chip either.

If there was a serious SA3 it would need only sonic, tails, knuckles and eggman, some evil spirit or space anomaly and then two new furrys, but after 06 I don't trust sega making good characters any more.

Silver is fucking terrible in design and has stupid quils, blaze is at least reasonable and fits in about as well as modern amy does, shadow needs to go shoot himself already.

Kokonoe

Banned
I wouldn't like another spirit or space themed last boss either, they've beaten that horse to death on numerous occasions. I'd like them to consider something normal and different for a lass boss for once.

It'd be neat to see something natural as a last boss that isn't created by someone, mutated by something, or possessed by something.

BlackJace

I wouldn't like another spirit or space themed last boss either, they've beaten that horse to death on numerous occasions. I'd like them to consider something normal and different for a lass boss for once.

It'd be neat to see something natural as a last boss that isn't created by someone, mutated by something, or possessed by something.

I just don't want the final boss fight to be a super sonic cop out like a lot of recent games have been doing. I was impressed by Colors that they left the final fight as regular sonic.

qq more

I find it honestly incredibly sad that it took Sega until 2010 to make Robotnik the final boss again in a mainline title... and the one before that was Sonic 3 & Knuckles... a 1994 game. Geez.

One thing I want in the next game is more hidden stuff like the Statue Room from Generations. It still amazes me how anyone would be able to find it. I also want a "Land of the Livid Dead"-esque extra level.

TheOGB

Banned
Exactly.

I don't think there is a single mission in Generations better than (or even as good as) Planet Wisp's Action Master.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
...which is why they need to implement missions along the lines of Action Master. They sort of incorporate this kind of stuff in levels already in an 'applied' sense (ie: do all this cool shit so you can stay on the topmost path!). But Action Master is all about using special abilities, so if they have to have short levels like in Colours, they could be like that, I guess.

That shit looks like one of Dr Robotnik's Deadly Teeth Traps
There's nothing wrong with throwing caution to the wind every now and then in terms of food and diet. :p

If there was a serious SA3 it would need only sonic, tails, knuckles and eggman, some evil spirit or space anomaly and then two new furrys, but after 06 I don't trust sega making good characters any more.

You better believe they aren't just going to use Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles. I'd love that, but it's not happening.

Exactly my thoughts. I hope the only one behind the problem is Robotnik.

OMG Aero

Exactly.

I don't think there is a single mission in Generations better than (or even as good as) Planet Wisp's Action Master.
The missions where you would have to run through an entire level on the skateboard or snowboard were pretty cool, and I remember liking the ones built around the element shields that really made use of their abilities.

I just don't want the final boss fight to be a super sonic cop out like a lot of recent games have been doing. I was impressed by Colors that they left the final fight as regular sonic.

This was something that disappointed me a little with the DS version, because you DO fight a final creature thing (the Mother Wisp or whatever) out in space as Super Sonic. If I remember right, the fight was embarrassingly easy, as well.

The Eggman boss in Colors DS was good, though, and the one in the Wii version was fantastic.

The missions where you would have to run through an entire level on the skateboard or snowboard were pretty cool, and I remember liking the ones built around the element shields that really made use of their abilities.

Yeah, I was floored at how well the Streetboarding in Rooftop Run mission worked. It was still a little janky in spots, but nowhere near what it could've been, and it was a lot of fun to take a very different approach to basically the same level.

TheOGB

Banned
This was something that disappointed me a little with the DS version, because you DO fight a final creature thing (the Mother Wisp or whatever) out in space as Super Sonic. If I remember right, the fight was embarrassingly easy, as well.

The Eggman boss in Colors DS was good, though, and the one in the Wii version was fantastic.

Yeah, I was floored at how well the Streetboarding in Rooftop Run mission worked. It was still a little janky in spots, but nowhere near what it could've been, and it was a lot of fun to take a very different approach to basically the same level.
I think I'd like more missions that do this, maybe disabling certain abilities so you have to discover new routes, or some like in Unleashed where they change the obstacles a bit and give you a time limit so you can really nail those shortcuts and whatnot.

Edgeward

I finally got around to beating Generations. That final boss is terrible. Took me 10 minutes to beat and it way plain boring. A shame and letdown after just beating Egg Dragoon which was plenty fun. I thought a Super Sonic level would be cooler. ={

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
That final boss was a mess aurally, visually, and arguably instruction-wise (ie: not a lot is made clear to the player as to how to attempt the fight the first time outside BE CAREFUL, SWITCH TO GO AFTER IT, etc.). Really, the end of Generations sorta felt rushed to me.

Congrats on getting through it, though. Now try to get the trophy for it. ;P

Edgeward

Egg dragoon was a bitch. He pulls some really broken moves on you.

I didn't find any of the moves cheap. A lot of it was pretty easy to avoid, except when coming out of hit on Eggman after walljumping out of his trap, the next attack comes out immediately after is just way too fast for me to ever avoid.

That final boss was a mess aurally, visually, and arguably instruction-wise (ie: not a lot is made clear to the player as to how to attempt the fight the first time outside BE CAREFUL, SWITCH TO GO AFTER IT, etc.). Really, the end of Generations sorta felt rushed to me.

Congrats on getting through it, though. Now try to get the trophy for it. ;P

Yes, it took me a while to figure out how and when to switch or what it even does. I died the first time because I could not figure out how to close the gap. And for all the talking your friends do they don't do shit to help you understand it.

It even took a while to figure out you need to hold the shoulder buttons instead of mash it. I had to repeat the last leg and close the gap all over again because of it.

I'm working of clearing all the side stuff, little here and there when possible. Slowly but steadily I will get them all.

qq more

Oh god, that Time Eater fight was the worst shit in a long time. Meanwhile the 3DS version of Time Eater was actually a really cool boss fight. What happened here, Sega?

Kokonoe

Banned
God, Time Eater was the worst fight. Meanwhile the 3DS version of Time Eater was actually a really cool boss fight. What happened here, Sega?

No idea, the only truly bad thing I can say about Sonic Generations is the Time Eater. They nailed everything else, or at least made it solid for gameplay.

If I were to mention a complaint that isn't major, I'd rather they do something interesting like alternate level modes instead of press Y for Knuckles and etc.

OwPY8.jpg

Girl: Can we get more content for Sonic Generations?
Boy: We'll pay you money...
Homer: For the ninth time, no!

XVCOa.jpg

Homer: Wait a minute...this gives me an idea...

cKBRi.png

ShadiWulf

this picture is priceless

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...741354214611.98194.1261363979.100002482221258

Big thanks to Sergio for snapping this. Here I'm showing Iizuka my credit in Sonic 4 Episode 2.

I just wish

Gareth Spriggs I bet he didn't care. No one cares. Kill yourself.
Monday at 8:01pm · Like

Skyler King Actually, he did. Eat a dick.
Monday at 8:07pm · Like

Gareth Spriggs Prove it.
Monday at 8:12pm · Like

Skyler King He asked me what my role was, and I explained what I did. We shook hands after that. Sergio can vouch for me.

Sergio Montealegre This indeed happened.
Monday at 8:16pm · Like · 1

Gareth Spriggs And your role was what?
Monday at 8:31pm · Like

Skyler King You already know. The SoA event, keeping in touch with Ken and the guys.
Monday at 8:43pm · Like

As you can see from his expression, Iizuka-san doesn't appreciate classic fans telling him how to make his games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom