• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel that this thread makes sense to ask the following...
Billy Hatcher? what's the verdict?
It popped up in my charity shop when I was working there today and would only cost me £2, i've played the multiplayer numerous times but have barely seen the single player, I might have to make an extra trip down there later this week to snatch it up.
I bought it, based on my enjoyment with the demo on the Nintendo Gamecube demo disc way back when, but honestly I didn't really care for the full product that much. The ~$3 you'd pay for it here, though, is probably worth it, since the opening worlds are still kind of fun. It just gets annoyingly hard annoyingly fast.

who da fak is Hironobu Kageyama??????
This Japanese guy.

...or that. Quoting since I unceremoniously left it to die on the last page.

I think what I remember most about Sonic X was it's 3rd season. Instead of recreating Sonic Heroes and onward, they decided to make some space arc that would have the displeasure of being compared to Star Wars. What people probably remember from that season was that one character that ended up becoming the catalyst for a lot of shipping fanfiction.

246px-Cosmo_The_Seedrian.png

Though I do think it was cool how they had to make Tails the one to shoot her at the end. It's probably one of the few legitimate sad scenes I've ever seen in something Sonic related.

Kokonoe

Banned
I never watched the arc with that character above. I never had the time to back then.

I like We Gotta Power and the Burst Limit one.

We Gotta Power is one of the tracks I actually like from the Japanese OST, it's really well done.

I bought it, based on my enjoyment with the demo on the Nintendo Gamecube demo disc way back when, but honestly I didn't really care for the full product that much. The ~$3 you'd pay for it here, though, is probably worth it, since the opening worlds are still kind of fun. It just gets annoyingly hard annoyingly fast.

Sounds frustrating, well if i'm feeling up to it I may dive in.

ShadiWulf

FOUR Sonic Adventure 3 domains registered by... someone

http://www.tssznews.com/2012/07/23/four-sonic-adventure-3-domains-registered-by-someone/

I will say this: If someone in France is pulling everyone's leg, he or she did due diligence. Four domains seem a bit expensive for a prank.

http://twitter.com/tssznews/status/227505179782680576

Edit: make that SIX

UPDATE: Thanks to some tips, we've found two more SA3 branded domains. .eu and .fr have been registered by the same company. Interesting.

ShadiWulf

shadi stop it
if you keep talking about sonic adventure 3 it might come true

lol, im honestly looking forward to peoples reactions to the news. so it would be entertaining if it did get announced.

As much as Sega leaks, I don't think we've ever found out about a Sonic game via domain registrations.

i believe that's how we found out about sonic 4.. when it was known as needlemouse

I want a Sonic Adventure where one of the areas he gets to explore is the MUSHROOM KINGDOM because, after the endgame battle, Robotnik tries to escape to another galaxy.

Kokonoe

Banned
Don't you mean Werehog?
Though Chip can also be removed.
Sonic needs to go to "Angleland" and get chased down the street by a double decker bus.

I'd assume people knew the obvious on those. No repetitive, time consuming medal collecting, No Werehog. No Chip is something personally I'd like out.

Kokonoe

Banned
Chip is an odd one, really there isn't anything that offensive about him but I just don't like him.

I guess I just don't like the design.

OHmC4.png

The hair on the top looks odd, like too silly. The facial features look more like a skull, which I think looks weird at how evident it is. I also didn't like the voice that much either, I'd rather hear Omochao to be honest.

There's only one other Sonic character out there that I don't like the design of in appearance, and that's Silver that I can think of, game-wise.

Pietepiet

I like Chip's design, but his voice and overall personality annoy me to no end. I also really hated how he was animated, like they were trying to make him funny but failed miserably which just turned all of his background animations during cutscenes into embarrassment.

Also, yes, Silver is a horrible design. Rouge is also on that list for me.

TheOGB

Banned
It's not so much that I don't want it or dislike Rush, but I guess it's just lower on my list of Sonic priorities. :p

That, and if Marine isn't going to be around then I'm not as interested :|

All this SA3 talk is coverup for the true upcoming game: Sonic R 2, the next evolution of the Unleashed/Colours/Generations formula with a focus on racing featuring a new Richard Jacques/TJ Davies soundtrack and Hirokazu Yasuhara's return to the series as track designer (this accounts for the "collaboration with Nintendo" part of the Dimensions rumour, given that he's now at NST).

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Professor Beef said:
I sell chili dogs and chili dog accessories.
Yeah man, I tell ya what, man. That dang ol' Internet, man. You just go on there and point and click. Talk about W-W-dot-W-com.

kqb7Y.png

Need the Sonic equivalent of Rusty Shackleford, and we'll be all set. God, I miss King of the Hill so much.

Also, I don't mind Chip. But that might be because I played half of Unleashed with the Japanese voice, including the ending. Chip's English voice is kind of weird, but the seiyuu fits for the most part.

RobbieNick

Also, I don't mind Chip. But that might be because I played half of Unleashed with the Japanese voice, including the ending. Chip's English voice is kind of weird, but the seiyuu fits for the most part.

I think he was okay when he didn't speak. His miming stuff could sometimes be funny. Mainly during the hidden CG cartoons. His English voice just made me wanna strangle him.

BHZ Mayor

All this SA3 talk is coverup for the true upcoming game: Sonic R 2, the next evolution of the Unleashed/Colours/Generations formula with a focus on racing featuring a new Richard Jacques/TJ Davies soundtrack and Hirokazu Yasuhara's return to the series as track designer (this accounts for the "collaboration with Nintendo" part of the Dimensions rumour, given that he's now at NST).

Paging Sega1991. With his talk about the recent games, I'm sure he'd legitimately like to see that happen.

TheOGB

Banned
Yeah man, I tell ya what, man. That dang ol' Internet, man. You just go on there and point and click. Talk about W-W-dot-W-com.
kqb7Y.png
King of the Hill is so great

Aww shiiieeeeeeettttttt

Emitan

I want this game ;~;

I would legitimately be okay with this.

I'm not gonna lie.

I loved every Sonic cartoon when I was a kid. I was a fanboy before I even knew what that was.

SatAM is the only one that holds up on its own though. AOSTH is unrestrained wackiness which only works sometimes and Underground is lame shit. I never really watched Sonic X but it never left an impression on me.

Mama Robotnik is the best Robotnik though

MamaRobotnik2.png

I think a CGI Sonic cartoon set in the Unleashed universe would work really well.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
You know, I was honestly thinking of making the thread regarding SA3 earlier but ultimately decided against it because it would turn into the same old discussion that every Sonic thread on gaming side turns into.

If they make the theoretical Sonic Adventure 3 the way they did Sonic World Adventure, then maybe I'll be more enthusiastic and receptive towards it. By that, I mean, the awesome NPC designs, the NPC missions, locale diversity, many different stages, music genre diversity, etc.

Just no medal stuff because I think people just didn't feel the need to scour every level for medals, even in the Werehog stages. And hey, at the very most in a Sonic World Adventure, they can make Sonic 1 character, and Knuckles another if they speed up the Werehog's movements and make the level design better.

TheOGB

Banned
Aesthetic of Unleashed
Levels/level progression of SA1
Missions of Unleashed
Music a mix of both
Online Chao Garden

What say you, SonicGAF? Frankenstein together Adventure 3

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I would prefer that they don't push in a heckuva lot of characters until they perfect the gameplay for every. single. one (which may or may not take several games to do; I think they were trying to perfect Sonic's gameplay across Unleashed/Colours/Generations, though). They can fit Knuckles in at the moment if they speed up Werehog, fix the levels, trade Knuckles's model in for Werehog's, etc.

Tails is kind of an iffy one because I hope he doesn't have that weird ring attack. No Tornado sections, though.

As for online Chao Gardens, you should be able to get them done offline too! D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom