• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
If I use the Japanese title people tend to assume we never got it.

EDIT: Pretty sure there's a translation patch for Monshou no Nazo
You could use "Blazing Sword" or something. >.>

Huh, what do you know, there is a patch for Shin Monshou no Nazo... I should really keep up with these things. I remember mjemirzian saying that the DSi restricted stuff didn't really matter with the game, so I could certainly import it, but $58 in some places? Ehhh...

Though I shouldn't be saying that cuz I preordered the Ys Celceta LE and ordered the Nayuta no Kiseki LE, both for quite a sum... soooo... lol. Plus I still need to put a preorder in for Xillia 2 as well somewhere. >_<

This post needs to be Sonic-related somehow, so...

JEmw0.jpg

I'd play that. Why hasn't someone at least attempted something like that?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I like both series equally, tbh. TTYD is a very fun game.

Can't wait for Sticker Star.

They would be acceptable! Have they done anything since M&L:BIS? BTW I need to buy that.
You should. It's my favourite out of the three (and I like all three of them).

Apparently they did something called PostPetDS, but I haven't seen anything else by them since then. Video of that.

Drago

Well there's your problem.
Yeah... I got it last Summer and I only played through the first 2 chapters :/

I do prefer the Mario & Luigi gameplay and battle system to Paper Mario though. It's just more fun to me

And I liked SS better than BIS, but they're both fantastic games. PiT wasn't that bad either

We need a Mario community thread :p

Kokonoe

Banned
I really need to finally finish Paper Mario 64 so I can actually play the copy of TTYD I picked up a few months back... >.>

All I have to say really is don't worry about it not holding up as in my case, I played it on WiiWare and I played TTYD about 2 years later and thoroughly enjoyed both.

Superstar Saga is great, but BIS just blows it out of the water completely.

ehhhh, Bowser has fun sections but the M&L sections are so much weaker than SS I can't say it blows anything out of the water....well actually it does blow PiT out of the water.
SS is still the king for me.

Superstar Saga is great, but BIS just blows it out of the water completely.

Eh, I dunno. I wasn't super crazy about Superstar Saga, but there was also something weirdly... exhausting about Bowser's Inside Story. I was glad when I got to the end of that game because it sort of felt like it was on the cusp of overstaying its welcome.

Or maybe it did. I never had the patience to sit through the entire final boss because it was taking me forever (it wasn't difficult, just tedious).

qq more

I like Advance 3... kind of. I think it might be just the music though. The level design was really questionable sometimes., but it's a much better game than fucking Advance 2.

ShadiWulf

I only owned Advance 2, so my overall opinion of the series is not good at all =)

I've played bits of advance and advance 3, but really haven't bothered to play them fully in one way or another.

I guess i'd buy the collection if it was like $5, $10 at most, but nothing more then that. Rather not have SEGA waste their porting talent on such games anyways, there is much better games out there to port. Unless they have backbone port it, then i don't care.

jman2050

Sonic Advance 3 is pretty good, Sonic Advance 1 is decent, Sonic Advance 2 is a total abomination. It's like a proto-Sonic Rush except not fun.

BlackJace

What the hell? I loved 2, thought it was leaps better than 1.

The shit you have to do to get 2's special stages is the abomination.

3's....meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom