• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, I kind of expected Chip's collar (how Sonic puts it on his glove) to be a character addition for a little while. At the least when you'd Time Trial after beating Sonic Unleashed or something, Sonic would still be wearing it. But nope.

It would've been a nice little continuity nod if Sonic had it in Generations. Maybe only if the game detected you had the achievement for beating Unleashed.

Kokonoe

Banned
That's a funny way of spelling Silver.

cellsmirk_zps649ea357.gif

qq more

Hard to hate Silver when you never bothered with his first game anyway! (Usually only bother with 2D Sonic games only.)
Let me just say that Silver is the cheapest mother fucker in Sonic 06.

IT'S NO USE

TAKE THIS

*loses rings and is about to recover but then*

IT'S NO USE

TAKE THIS

*dies*

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Aw, that's too bad. That can't be a perma because I figured it was a joke when I'd read it. *shrug*

See, this is why I don't post in a lot of gaming side threads anymore other than the RPG ones / subscriptions.

Playing and beating 2006 is SonicGAF initiation.
torture
Badge of honour.

And hating on Chip? Kokonoe, I am disappointed with you.

Fun fact: Not only have I NOT beat Sonic 2006, but outside that horrendous demo, I haven't even played the damn thing.

And everything I've heard about it for the past five and a half years tells me this was one of the smartest video game decisions I've ever made.

qq more

Fun fact: Not only have I NOT beat Sonic 2006, but outside that horrendous demo, I haven't even played the damn thing.

And everything I've heard about it for the past five and a half years tells me this was one of the smartest video game decisions I've ever made.

Yeah you definitely made the smartest decision. The demo is actually ten times better than the real game. I'm not even lying.

TheOGB

Banned
Damn son, was Anth0ny perma'd? I certainly hope not. D:

You may not have the badge of honor, but you are indeed one smart motherfucker.

Gravijah

Adventure 2 was bad enough to put me off of 3D Sonic until Colors. i have no need to play Heroes or 06. maybe i'll try Unleashed someday.

qq more

Adventure 2 was bad enough to put me off of 3D Sonic until Colors. i have no need to play Heroes or 06. maybe i'll try Unleashed someday.

Unleashed's Day stages are really fun. The Night stages is what made me not wanting to recommend the game, unless you like the repetitive beat em up gameplay.

Kokonoe

Banned
At first I wasn't too fond of Marine's personality, but after the first level she's quite a humorous character. Her lack of intelligence is charming in it's own right.

Also, I haven't superspecialawesome enjoyed a 3D Sonic since Adventure 2 before Generations. Although I don't know if any other Sonic game will ever top the endings to both Adventure games for me personally. Also be sure to not mention the SA2 ending in detail as a few people here are going to be playing it for the first time when the HD version comes out.

As for Silver, I could write too much and I'd rather not.

Badge of honour.

And hating on Chip? Kokonoe, I am disappointed with you.

To be fair, you do dislike my favorite Sonic character.

It's a badge of honor...=(

Well...someone gift me a copy and I'll suffer through it! (Wants to use money for other things)

Which system do you own?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess

qq more

The first time I was exposed to the game was when my brother was letting me play his PS3 copy of the game. This was before Pokecapn's LP existed so I had absolutely no idea what I was expecting! (I expected slightly below of Sonic Heroes awful. Holy shit, I was wrong.)

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Here is my list, Schala.

But it's the Neo design!
I don't think I'll ever be able to understand, lol.

He's got too much going on with his design. The belt, the cone things, the shoulder pads, how really really really shiny he is, the cape...

And I hate what they did with his character at the end of Sonic Heroes. Metal Sonic personality-wise was good in the OVA. In Heroes, he seemed super-desperate to be adequate enough (which contrasts a lot with Shadow who doesn't seem to care).

Kokonoe

Banned
Neo Metal Sonic is my favorite for a few reasons.

First off I'll say I really like how it seems to have metallic arm guards on it to appear as if it's a type of robotic clothing. The shape of them clash really well with the leggings, and the design on both the feet and knees reminds me of Gundam (which I like). I also will mention I tend to like shoes with pointed tips.

The spikes on it's head are pointed in a smooth direction compared to Shadow, it also matches the other spikes on his body and it's more like a robotic hedgehog with spikes than normal hedgehog but with fluffy spikes.

How shiny it is is exclusive to Sonic Heroes, everything in that game was shiny. Also, instead of a typical cape, it actually has a cape attached to it's waist which matches quite well with the eyes and shoulders.

And the personality, for once in a Sonic game the villain was actually evil.

Lastly, it turns into this.

YgPas.jpg

Awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom