• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Depends, though.

The scythe is a 2H weapon. I can suspect that it will slow the attack down, because of the effort taken to swing it because it is a 2H weapon. Gundams don't strike me as quick things, so it isn't like a person swinging it and becoming more agile. To be honest, it almost seems counter-intuitive for an attacker of that size to wield something that big. They should probably go for something that's a little lighter and faster.

If that were me, I'd go for the option to dual wield two lightweight swords. One to block and act as a guard, while the other in my dominant hand will be used for attacking quicker. It would make more sense given my size in comparison to the weapon. People underestimate it, but speed is an incredible asset to an attacker. As long as you're faster than the enemy and think quickly, you can probably get the upper hand.

Sometimes, you've gotta go substance over style.

...I think I've played too many videogames and I thought too hard about this.

Kokonoe

Banned
Gundam isn't based on our logic, it also has much more futuristic technology then we could ever dream of. The mechs in that actually fight as if they are humans, but even better.

Kokonoe

Banned
I haven't actually watched Gundam since it was on Toonami, but I'll be watching Turn A Gundam after I watch Squid Girl anime Gravijah showed me.

Kokonoe

Banned
Yeah, this.

I remember being hype as hell for that Toonami airing of Endless Waltz, though.
Endless Waltz was fantastic, and I shared that feeling at the time too.

I wish we had Toonami up here. It sounds like a neat thing.

Speaking of which... Why does Shadow the Hedgehog need a melee attack or a spindash?

He has guns, a jeep, and a motorcycle!

I think a better question is why does he have those when he is capable of unleashing super sonic waves that can destroy practically anything. Answer: to cater to a specific audience.

I don't actually like Shadow after Heroes, I like him a lot before well, you know. Same thing for Gohan in Dragonball Z.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
He definitely underutilizes Chaos Control. Honestly, I wouldn't... be completely averse to playing a Shadow RPG. It would be neat. I think.

Well, the story would be shit, but you know...

He needs those as back-up for when his vehicle of choice flips over and explodes after 20 seconds in motion
He does that because he's so dark and he's a rebel.

He can't get insurance.

He definitely underutilizes Chaos Control. Honestly, I wouldn't... be completely adverse to playing a Shadow RPG. It would be neat. I think.

Well, the story would be shit, but you know...

I can think of many words to describe such an experience and let me tell you, neat isn't one of them.

I would only play a Shadow RPG if it had a Shut Up and Jam Gaiden level of satire and relative hilarity.

Needless to say, that'll never happen.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
This talk of a Shadow RPG only makes me want a Mario/Sonic RPG that much more.

GIVE IT TO ME NINTENDO. I HAVE MONEY FOR YOU.
Nintendo clearly doesn't want your money! Or mine. ;___;

As long as it doesn't have him using guns I'd be fine with it.
If Namco made it, I can assure that the use of gun attacks can be used as aerial launchers.

But if Sega or Nintendo made it, we probably won't see guns used much at all. After all, Shadow's moveset in Sonic Chronicles was more of a mystical/strength sort of set. But that was a turn-based RPG and not necessarily an ARPG. I think Sonic would suit an ARPG just fine.

I can think of many words to describe such an experience and let me tell you, neat isn't one of them.
Banal?

Kokonoe

Banned
Actually, I have a question. Are there any anti-heroes in other video games people like?

If Namco made it, I can assure that the use of gun attacks can be used as aerial launchers.

But if Sega or Nintendo made it, we probably won't see guns used much at all. After all, Shadow's moveset in Sonic Chronicles was more of a mystical/strength sort of set. But that was a turn-based RPG and not necessarily an ARPG. I think Sonic would suit an ARPG just fine.
?

I'd put up with it again, but when you have your own opinion about a character, they take away what you like about the character and add everything you could possibly dislike on it, it still is a bad feeling. I'd honestly like to see something interesting done with his shoes already. Rocket Shoryuken!

Kokonoe

Banned
Wario and Zero for me I suppose. Who doesn't like Wario?
I've seen it before on another forum.

Actually, I think a Sonic and Mario RPG would work great if it was Mario and Luigi style.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
SonicGAF. I'm kind of happy that Sega doesn't treat Sonic like how Capcom treats Mega Man. At least Sega's trying to get Sonic out of a rut.

Instead of mad, I'm just... I don't know.

Haha, you know what's funny? Sega started off this gen not being great, but then they turned great. Capcom started this gen being pretty cool, and then... well, you know. Ha... hahaha... ha... ;__;

qq more

I have to agree. Despite Sonic 06 and Shadow The Hedgehog being much much worse games than X Over and Mega Man X1 iOS, at least Sega didn't tease a bunch of promising games before cancelling them.

Fuck Crapcum.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I have to agree. Despite Sonic 06 and Shadow The Hedgehog being much much worse games than X Over and Mega Man X1 iOS, at least Sega didn't tease a bunch of promising games before cancelling them.

Fuck Crapcum.
I don't get it. What is Capcpom's damage?

I probably would have said the same thing if I'd bought Sonic 2006 at launch, tbh. I could only imagine how people felt when they bought Sonic 2006 at launch and was dissatisfied with it (and the demo ended up being better than the full game, hilariously enough). Arguably, the only mascot platformer that still gets a lot of entries that probably didn't suffer as much was Mario (arguably).

I imagine a fair deal of us have DSis and 3DSes, and Risky's Revenge is right there on the DSi Shop/eShop :I

Haven't beaten it, but it's quite solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom