• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.
You sure it wasn't B.D. Joe? I'm pretty sure he said "damn" in his game.

Or Ryu! He said "damn" in Shenmue!

Not sure about Vyse, but it wouldn't exactly be entirely out-of-character from what I recall.

ShadiWulf

yeah lol

this is what S0L said

Well, one to take up with Sonic Team as we're re-using speech they recorded... It is very mild though, but that's why you have age ratings. It's ESRB 10+ in the US, and PEGI 7 in the UK. I guess we're less concerned about some mild swearing over here.

---
S0L
---

Sonic Advance 2 is the one who started the Hold Right to Win™ philosophy. Only thing I remember about SA3 was it had some very pretty levels and some HORRID collision detection. It made the DKC's collision detection look like SMB3.

But they sure made some pretty sprites don't, huh? To be used and abused in a million shitty flash videos and overlarge signatures for years to come.

Sonicspining.gif

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
hmm in the latest ASR trailer is shadow's voice his new one or pre-recorded from one of the old games? It's hard for me to tell..

but I think it's safe to say, if it's a newly recorded voice, we now know the direction Sonic Team is taking Sonic in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1EUJTKAaRs

What does she say at 0:35? Sounds like 'this car is fucked up' to me, but I can't imagine Sega would let that fly in a game aimed at families/kids.

ShadiWulf

What does she say at 0:35? Sounds like 'this car is fucked up' to me, but I can't imagine Sega would let that fly in a game aimed at families/kids.

its either "hooked up" or "pumped up"

lol, it's definitely not fucked up, even though that's what it sounds like

we also finally got some news about the 3DS version, Sumo says its a separate build from the main build being built for kids

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2012/10/first-sonic-all-stars-racing-transformed-3ds-details/

TheOGB

Banned
Hnnnnng. It's not just me who sees Generations as looking infinitely better than Unleashed, right
Generations + Unleashed = the most beautiful gift from above

hmm in the latest ASR trailer is shadow's voice his new one or pre-recorded from one of the old games? It's hard for me to tell..

but I think it's safe to say, if it's a newly recorded voice, we now know the direction Sonic Team is taking Sonic in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1EUJTKAaRs
New voice. I, uh, like that he sounds less "vampire" and more "wandering cowboy". Better fit.

"hooked up"

didn't sound like "fucked up" at all to me *shrug*

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
That VP debate was absolutely magical. We'd never get something like that up here for debates because our debates are boring as hell and we get them in French the first day and then the English debate the day after. :3

Most of that fun stuff is saved for Question Period and I'm never home for Question Period! Damned Parliament. (It's the same was the UK version of the Prime Minister's Questions, but ours is daily rather than weekly.) This is what happens during Question Period and it's hilarious: 1, 2, 3. fightfightfightfightfightfight

Kokonoe said:
From what I hear she's popular, so I take it that's the reason.
I hadn't heard much about her until this so she's not popular.

I don't watch much TV.

Anyway, Iizuka-san knows what's going on. He'll make sure this game has all of the special references to his special character.

Pietepiet

Sonic Advance 2 is the one who started the Hold Right to Win™ philosophy. Only thing I remember about SA3 was it had some very pretty levels and some HORRID collision detection. It made the DKC's collision detection look like SMB3.

But they sure made some pretty sprites don't, huh? To be used and abused in a million shitty flash videos and overlarge signatures for years to come.

Sonicspining.gif

The sprites in the Advance games (and Battle) are some of my favourite sprites ever. That is a HORRIBLE cut together version of that particular animation, though. A quick edit to make it at least somewhat good:

Sonicspining.gif

Not perfect, but god, I can't look at the one you posted without getting annoyed at how he jumps all over the place.

qq more

The sprites in the Advance games (and Battle) are some of my favourite sprites ever. That is a HORRIBLE cut together version of that particular animation, though. A quick edit to make it at least somewhat good:

Sonicspining.gif

Not perfect, but god, I can't look at the one you posted without getting annoyed at how he jumps all over the place.

Much better. It was bugging me too. It's a real shame that while the Advance sprites are the most well made... nearly everyone and their grandmother has used them to the point I don't like them that much anymore. :(

It's a real shame that while the Advance sprites are the most well made... nearly everyone and their grandmother has used them to the point I don't like them that much anymore. :(
And they use them like that, too. Little kids who have no idea how to properly offset things so that the animations look fluid, or even remotely correct.

Also, sprite comics with Advance sprites put against backgrounds that they don't fit with.

Also, said sprite comics using Advance sprites at non-integer scales, against backgrounds they don't fit with, with the most inane, typo-riddled plot known to man.

Argh.

Oh, hey, while searching for an image of mine pertinent to this topic (can't access my old Comcast FTP; will have to look it up later), I found my old OC from like the early 2000s.

SHogBlink.gif

It's like Shadow the Hedgehog in a Shadow Man (Mega Man 3) outfit. Dawwww. Kind of prefer using Mike Dawson now, though. Even if he sucks at ring toss.

Pietepiet

It's kinda funny, though. Making recolours of sprites was basically how I got into pixelart, which is now what I do for a living. THANKS SONIC

Well then maybe it's time to set off my artist career by the humble origins of creating Sonic fan art and a spiffing new character, Cronic the Hedgehog, it's edgy and mature.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
what in the world did i just come home to

what are you people doing

are there any fan games starring people of the "original character do not steal" variety?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Links, please. I am eager to know these things.

What would be amazing is if the character design is horrendous but the game actually plays well.

Shadow Hog said:
It's like Shadow the Hedgehog in a Shadow Man (Mega Man 3) outfit. Dawwww.
Aha... I'm kinda glad that when I was in my early teens, I stopped gaming a ton. I probably would've done some original character stuff that weren't really original characters too.

Edit: nah probably not. I suck at art.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom