• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eggman's walk/jog/stride/whatever is pretty awesome, it's up there with Swag Vector.
Yup. Not familiar with Swag Vector, though. Care to illuminate me?

Repost for new page:

eggmandontgafeep73.gif

Motions controls was a novelty item but it got old very quickly. And darn it, I get enough exercising and walking around at work, I just want to sit in my chair and hit buttons.

BlackJace

Really? I recalled him being a joke in Battle but then again it's been almost a decade since I last played it. My memory on the last bits of the game is really hazy.

Ugh, the Eggman fights in Battle were horrendous for me. He would fire an endless stream of missiles which would make me bounce, which led to me getting caught by another stream of missiles. Repeated until I died.

Mind you, the stream of missiles were a bitch to time and block.

qq more

Ugh, the Eggman fights in Battle were horrendous for me. He would fire an endless stream of missiles which would make me bounce, which led to me getting caught by another stream of missiles. Repeated until I died.

Mind you, the stream of missiles were a bitch to time and block.

Wait... memories are becoming less hazy. NOW I REMEMBER THIS FIGHT. NEVERMIND. ARGH.

They still should of have put him in, but nerf him or give him a new machine like I said. Oh well, least he's in Sonic The Fighters, a game that's wayyyyyy better than that crappy Battle ever hoped to be. :)

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
It's not that much of a work out...

...unless you're playing Punch Out or Wii Sports or something close
I agree. It really isn't, unless you have something like Wii Fit or a game that allows you to do a ton of cardio. Lots of people I know are having fun with the likes of Just Dance and stuff and they can't wait for the Gangnam Style DLC. :V

I don't mind motion controls as long as they are implemented in a creative fashion which supports the game and its type of gameplay. Sometimes they're done really well, and other times, they're very lazy.

qq more

Wow, seems like everything Falk touches becomes magic... can't wait to hear the rest, I'm still in love with the BTS OST but I just can't get enough!

Not just Falk, Ristar did the ghost song (he's also responsible for all of Fortress Flow Zone's music in BtS). Great composers, cannot wait for AtS's OST release. I'm still listening to BtS's OST to this day.

yev1qsif6p.gif

There was a pause in the original that always irked me. Opened it up in ImageReady and found that the first frame had a delay of 0/100 instead of 3/100, which actually makes it slower than the rest of the animation. Fixed!

Also smaller filesize, not sure how.

KNT-Zero

Not just Falk, Ristar did the ghost song (he's also responsible for all of Fortress Flow Zone's music in BtS). Great composers, cannot wait for AtS's OST release. I'm still listening to BtS's OST to this day.

Didn't notice the Moonlight Mansion song yet, HOLY SHIT I love the guitar riff part <3

I want that OST for yesterday k thx.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
It's too damn cold and rainy here, you guys. Ugh.

Going back to the motion controls thing, I don't think I've had a case where my arms got tired. I can't really remember...

There was a pause in the original that always irked me. Opened it up in ImageReady and found that the first frame had a delay of 0/100 instead of 3/100, which actually makes it slower than the rest of the animation. Fixed!

Also smaller filesize, not sure how.
It's utterly perfect now. :D

It's always cold and rainy here when Autumn crawls in, at least there's that fuzzy feeling when it's hammering it down outside and you're warm inside.
More Sonic games need rain, more games in general need rain in them, i'm trying to think of rainy Sonic stages, my minds a blank, the final zone of Sonic 1 MS?

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
It's always cold and rainy here when Autumn crawls in, at least there's that fuzzy feeling when it's hammering it down outside and you're warm inside.
More Sonic games need rain, more games in general need rain in them, i'm trying to think of rainy Sonic stages, my minds a blank, the final zone of Sonic 1 MS?

Also the second level in Sonic 2 MS.

Oh yeah, I never did find out how to work that hang glider.
And who the hell goes hang gliding in a storm anyway, that sonic is so extreme!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Don't complain. I have to spend the night at my grandparents' house because the doors on my car have frozen shut, so
I couldn't get the car open to get home :lol
That happened to me once, it sucks. But at least you aren't in the middle of nowhere, unless your grandparents don't turn the heat on.

I can still complain that I'm cold! This stupid hurricane. I thought we weren't going to get much of an impact in Southern Ontario, but I was wrooooonnnng.
It probably doesn't help that I'm wearing shorts

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Oh yeah, I never did find out how to work that hang glider.
And who the hell goes hang gliding in a storm anyway, that sonic is so extreme!

That hangglider is a pain in the arse, but still not as bad as getting to the chaos emerald in that level. Ugh.

That happened to me once, it sucks. But at least you aren't in the middle of nowhere, unless your grandparents don't turn the heat on.

I don't mind spending the night here, but I'm pissed the car's started freezing over and we're still in October. That kind of thing normally doesn't start happening until December or January @_@

Self-promoting, I know, but the Ace Attorney thread has finally been created. I hope this doesn't become a "thing" for me, what with my taking so long to make threads.

qq more

I can still complain that I'm cold! This stupid hurricane. I thought we weren't going to get much of an impact in Southern Ontario, but I was wrooooonnnng.
It probably doesn't help that I'm wearing shorts

Can't believe I'm getting hit by a tropical storm two years in the row. Getting hit by a tropical storm/hurricane is like a rare event to me.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Can't believe I'm getting hit by a tropical storm two years in the row. Getting hit by a tropical storm/hurricane is like a rare event to me.
"Tropical" storm my foot. It's freezing. My hair's blowing around in many directions, and the storm isn't directly affecting us until later tonight/early tomorrow. I had to get my winter outerwear out. Tropical storm in name only. Well. It's a hurricane now.

If anyone's living in the northeast coastal US, I hope you're keeping safe.

At least
they're comfy and easy to wear
Flannel jammies can be comfier and warmer. :3

BlackJace

I don't think I've ever touched one of those rainbow rings, or used an alternate route during the mach stages.

They were THAT badly designed.

Times like this, I'm real glad my part of the world spreads the crappy weather around the whole year, rather than dumping it all in a week.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Oh nooooooo Dark Schala was holding forward!
The wind almost blew me away when I was walking to the parking lot. I hate when that happens. :/

I did feel like Sonic in a mach speed zone. Mind you, these are only 60 km/h winds (which are gusting up to 90-100 km/h) in here, so I dread to think what it's like closer to the storm. It's -1°C, so I'm glad I got home before the possibility of freezing rain. >_<

Well, come rain or shine, we can always count on one beloved being.

By which I mean "hey new Pelé".
Oh my goodness. That Matt Rodney thing was the best thing I've read all day. But. It needed more Dawnald Trumpet.

I'm playing Generations for the first time in a while and this game is going too fast for my eyes...or maybe just playing it on a HD monitor for the first time is killing me. That may be it because I played it mainly on a regular TV and didn't have any issues. Alas...=(

I never took the time to listen to some of the Genesis tunes on here and boooo, my ears are not pleased! *plugs in Genesis*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom