• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
We need to talk about Night of the Werehog in this thread in the spirit of Halloween. It's a pretty fun short, and the facial expressions/character animations are directed rather well.

vlcsnap-46490m4ik0.jpg

I think SEGA should really try to do some more animated shorts if they ever have the time or expenses to do it. Their CG studio is rather underrated.

I am so angry, SO angry, that they haven't done more of those.

I am also angry that the ghost girl was not in the game, false advertisement I say.

Do they have the money to put stuff out like that these days, though?

Bought Sonic 2 from the JP Virtual Console. Actually beat the Underground Zone boss without dying once, something I could have only dreamed of as a kid. Wonder if I'll actually be able to get that one Chaos Emerald in Sky High Zone this time around.

Fuckin' Sonic Retro

Spent the last few hours making sure my Halloween music webcast thing was working properly when all of a sudden I start hearing intermittent static and creepy laughter and... the Sonic drowning music?

I spend a good 5-10 minutes trying to diagnose the problem thinking it's something with the stream but it was some kind of weird Halloween sound embed they have on their forum somewhere

Rlan

So I decided to start up making Windows 8 icons for some Sonic games you can get on PC:

Sonic Adventure

sonicadventure1.png
sonicadventure2.png
sonicadventure3.png
sonicadventure4.png
sonicadventure5.png
sonicadventure6.png

Sonic Generations

sonicgenerations.png

I'm interested in making more later. As a kid I used to make so many Desktop Themes for Windows 95 just because I could. Making icons for Windows 8 might get me doing that for a bit. Even if I don't end up using them much :p

You use a special app to make them work: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=497663

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I just got this e-mail from Amazon. how many times has this thing been pulled back/pushed?

Hello,

We have received new release date information related to the order [redacted]. The item(s) listed below will actually ship sooner than we originally expected based on the new release date:

Marc Petronille, et al "The History of Sonic the Hedgehog"
Previous estimated arrival date: January 14, 2013 - January 24, 2013
New estimated arrival date: January 08, 2013 - January 18, 2013
At this point I almost want to order the French version, but coming earlier won't be too bad.

Do they have the money to put stuff out like that these days, though?
Hey, how're you holding up? :O

And no, I dunno if SEGA could stuff out like that right now. It's unfortunate, really. I was sorta hoping that we'd get ones for Colours and Generations, but we didn't.

Hey, how're you holding up? :O
Managed to miss the worst of the storm, thankfully. Half of the public transportation being out means classes are a no-go for the rest of the week, though.

And no, I dunno if SEGA could stuff out like that right now. It's unfortunate, really. I was sorta hoping that we'd get ones for Colours and Generations, but we didn't.
It really is a shame, a Generations short could have been amazing, if only for more Classic Sonic stuff.

Managed to miss the worst of the storm, thankfully. Half of the public transportation being out means classes are a no-go for the rest of the week, though.
I'm not sure if I envy you or not. I had to do work during the storm, and while I could do it from home, I must admit I was envious of my brother and father, who both got to play games/watch movies, while here I am still doing my usual 10-6 schtick. :I

Then again, from the sounds of things you got hit harder than we did here near DC, so I guess I shouldn't.

While I was riding on the bus, I saw a kid walking to school dressed like Sonic. But his costume looked like one of those abomination drawings that you see with the abnormally large stomach oval coloring and long legs.

I felt so bad.

Just remembered that I had account on Sonic Retro which is still in Trial mode and haven't made a single post. Probably gonna request a name change so that people on the Stadium and TSSZ will actually know me.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I feel like the "do you want more Sonic Adventure" question has been asked a ton this year. :/

Well, glad to hear you're holding up okay. I figured that you guys might've been affected more because you're still in the thick of it.

My classes ended up getting cancelled too because we had no electricity or anything. I missed a practical exam and a test. It's a bit of a pain, really.

It really is a shame, a Generations short could have been amazing, if only for more Classic Sonic stuff.
Thiiiisssss... I want them to do more with the model.

While I was riding on the bus, I saw a kid walking to school dressed like Sonic. But his costume looked like one of those abomination drawings that you see with the abnormally large stomach oval coloring and long legs.

I felt so bad.
So the quills weren't the worst part? lol.

I saw a guy dressed as Batman today and his fake abs were weird to look at.

He didn't have hentai quills, if that's what you mean. :lol

EDIT: I'm thinking about giving SonicGAF a survey, but I'm not sure how easy Google Docs will make it. So to test it out and to gauge interest, here is a short, two question survey that is not at all meant to be taken seriously. If enough people like the idea, then I'll make a second one with "real" questions.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dE5wWE9uMnJFbGFVTTh0NE1hLVl1VUE6MQ

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I still don't even know what he means by hentai quills!
KuGsj.gif

Oh, and speaking of Halloween, this was on the Sega FB page. This is when I'd ask: "why the hell are you people using this damn model?"

Shadow Hog said:
I just drive a car. I don't meet these weird people. :<
You find weird things at universities/colleges even if you drive a car.

Why do you love the song "Nocturne" from Sonic Chronicles?

(why does this sound like a real question)

EDIT: I'm thinking about giving SonicGAF a survey, but I'm not sure how easy Google Docs will make it. So to test it out and to gauge interest, here is a short, two question survey that is not at all meant to be taken seriously. If enough people like the idea, then I'll make a second one with "real" questions.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dE5wWE9uMnJFbGFVTTh0NE1hLVl1VUE6MQ

Well it works for Sunflower in Wrasslegaf, I say go for it.

qq more

this sounds interesting

and lol at the nocturne question

What was the answer? I've just submitted something

"It inspired my username, I love it so very much, it took the ho-hum Sonic 3 boss theme and transformed it into a thing of beauty, the start up is so solemn, it really pushes the feeling that it's the dead of night and true to its namesake.
Then it begins to build up and escalates to a grand work of art that could only be improved with NSMB BAH BAH sound effects, i'm sure Sonic Gaf all agree."

qq more

"It inspired my username, I love it so very much, it took the ho-hum Sonic 3 boss theme and transformed it into a thing of beauty, the start up is so solemn, it really pushes the feeling that it's the dead of night and true to its namesake.
Then it begins to build up and escalates to a grand work of art that could only be improved with NSMB BAH BAH sound effects, i'm sure Sonic Gaf all agree."

hahaha brilliant

Awesome. :lol

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I would do it if I had the patience, lol.

Tagworthy.

is the survey down?

Shit, I never got to write why I love Sonic's shoes! It made him a true American hero :'(
Google Docs is acting spotty at the moment, so the survey is down by proxy. I was in the middle of working on actual questions, and I lost my work when I tried to save. Luckily, I only did one question, so nothing important was lost.

EDIT: It should be up now, I'm not getting any errors anymore.

qq more

Google Docs is acting spotty at the moment, so the survey is down by proxy. I was in the middle of working on actual questions, and I lost my work when I tried to save. Luckily, I only did one question, so nothing important was lost.

EDIT: It should be up now, I'm not getting any errors anymore.

Just submitted, feel free to post it if you find it funny enough. :lol

Yeah we all know who wrote this shameful display.
Nocturne= Night = Dark = Dark Schala
And who else can go into such detail to describe music? I rest my case.

Well, she DID voice her displeasure in the "BAH BAH-AH" effects from NSMB. It all makes perfect sense!

The real first survey is now finished, and can be found by clicking here. I'm not going to hammer these out every day or anything, as I would like to leave them up for a long time in order to gather as much data as possible. I was thinking maybe a week from this Saturday, but suggestions are welcome. You do not need a Google account to participate in the survey, in case anyone may have thought there was a barrier for participating. You also don't need to be a member of GAF yet (although it is preferred), so if any lurkers are reading this, you're more than welcome to take part.

Also as promised, here are two more highlights from the test survey:

Favorite thing about Sonic's shoes said:
ITS RED. SONIC IS BLUE AND WEARS WHITE GLOVES AND SOCKS. HES A TRUE AMERICAN!!! HORRAY SONIC!! SAVE AMERICA!!!! WE BELEIVE IN YOU wait FUCK he has green eyes now oh no hes a ttraitor god damn it were fucked holy shit why sega whyyyyy i hate you so mcuh now im so angry angry angry grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr im turning green and u dont like it when im angry amerika is domed

Nocturne question said:
Because sound makes me angry, and I want others to feel that same rage.

Rlan

So who here picked up the PSN version of Sonic Adventure 2?

Could someone check the Leaderboards for me? There should be a "total" counter on the City Escape stage with the amount of players, and I need that for my analysis. Could someone tell me? :)

So who here picked up the PSN version of Sonic Adventure 2?

Could someone check the Leaderboards for me? There should be a "total" counter on the City Escape stage with the amount of players, and I need that for my analysis. Could someone tell me? :)

10,000 entries, apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom