• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.
ixBxW2qpZ3dUk.png

i2UeUR28trpsZ.gif

Sayonara...Green Scar...

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Aw man, that sucks. :/

Not finding what I'd think to be a perma in post history outside of maybe jumping the gun on that pics OT3 thread or something. *shrug* I doubt it's what is posted here because we post all kinds of junk in here anyway.

Damn. :lol

qq more

It feels so weird that a frequent Sonic GAFer is gone. He was one of our top 10 posters too! RIP Green Scar :(

On a side note, oh hey I have the 2nd most posts in this thread now. I don't know if I should feel ashamed or not :_

Sciz

Wow no news on a new sonic game in awhile any rumors or anything?

Pure radio silence. SA2 PC is the only thing we know is coming that isn't out. And I guess there's Sonic Jump. At a guess, they're building something for Wii U that Nintendo doesn't want them talking about yet.

TheOGB

Banned
Sonic Colours 2, Nintendo Direct reveal. believe

Colours in the title spelled with a 'u' in every region

edit: didn't see the note about Green Scar before! :D

Pure radio silence. SA2 PC is the only thing we know is coming that isn't out. And I guess there's Sonic Jump. At a guess, they're building something for Wii U that Nintendo doesn't want them talking about yet.

Not sure why Nintendo wouldn't want them talking about it. The Wii U isn't a secret anymore and it launches in like a week and a half. If anything, it should've been announced by now - but I'm assuming there's marketing types that will tell you it is a bad idea to announce a game during the Christmas rush.

Maybe they'll announce early 2013 with a Christmas release next year.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Just so you all know, GreenScar's only been banned for a month.
Yaaaaaay! SonicGAF wouldn't be the same without a bunch of the regulars.

qq more said:
On a side note, oh hey I have the 2nd most posts in this thread now. I don't know if I should feel ashamed or not :_
Please post more. I don't want to be at the top forever. I thought most of my active/present posts were in the Graces f OT, but they're in here. I am not sure if that's something I should be proud of.

TheOGB said:
Sonic Colours 2, Nintendo Direct reveal. believe
This would be a system seller along with Rayman Legends for me. For sure.

But then I'd have to struggle with a decision of whether or not I should get a Japanese console. :(

Is Sonic Adventure 3 at all possible?
Entirely possible. In fact, I think that's more likely now.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I recently learned in the Xillia 2 thread that if devs decide if they want to do it, that you can take screenshots of your games with the PS3.

wtf, sega do this pleeeeeaaaaase

There are so many things that I'd love to take screens of in Unleashed since I don't have the equipment to do it with. :(

The Queen of SonicGAF!

Too bad Queens have no jurisdiction here. *cough* >_>
It could be like the Queen's position in Canada: she has a representative (Governor General) that dissolves the government when the PM asks her to when election season come around, she can allow for the government to be prorogued, being a nonpartisan person who tries to prevent power abuses, something about the royal prerogative, etc. I'm comfortable with that.

I think we should have another election. :p

Dictatorship!

I'm coming around a bit on the Japanese soundtrack...I still prefer the US one by far but I think some of the tracks work better with some of the stages, like Collision Chaos. I wish I could just skip to Stardust Speedway...=/

I wish more devs in general made use of the screenshot function. I got trapped in a wall in Seaside Hill in Generations the other day and wanted to take a picture.

Any tips for these Sonic CD special stages? I'm getting all the machines in the past destroyed but I've only earned one Time Stone so far...=/

qq more

Any tips for these Sonic CD special stages? I'm getting all the machines in the past destroyed but I've only earned one Time Stone so far...=/

If you're playing the 2011 rerelease, before the time runs out, pause the game and quit to menu and load your save file again. You'll be back at the special stage.

EDIT: By the way, you don't need to do both things. Destroying all of the machines OR getting all of the time stones will give you the good ending.

EDIT2: Am I the King?

Oh really? Yay! I'll just focus on getting the good futures because I am losing my patience with those stages...thank you!

Drat, I can't find a good spot in Quartz Quadrant to go back in time. Sooo close.

And so it begins for GameGrumps.

Sonic 2006: Episode 2 said:
Honestly, this game has its flaws, but you guys are exaggerating it so badly (partly just by sucking at the game). When I first played through this game I did everything you did in this episode in like a minute, and I didn't have any problems with it.
Narutendo3 9 minutes ago (3 thumbs up)

I understand SA2 fans. I mean, you're 13, Shadow is like Vegeta Sonic, and you didn't know any better.

But '06, nigga? what in the shit

And so it begins for GameGrumps.

Sonic 06 is ass, but let's be fair, they spent a long time screaming about how there were no clues when they were ignoring basically everything said to them for the longest time. At one point Egoraptor finally has it figured it, and keeps telling Jon to go to the shop. Jon, trying to be funny, veers away and has a "breakdown," which just delayed things more. It was frustrating to sit through.

Sonic 06 is ass, but let's be fair, they spent a long time screaming about how there were no clues when they were ignoring basically everything said to them for the longest time. At one point Egoraptor finally has it figured it, and keeps telling Jon to go to the shop. Jon, trying to be funny, veers away and has a "breakdown," which just delayed things more. It was frustrating to sit through.

I can see how in an environment like GameGrumps they could legitimately miss things without exaggerating. Jon is so giggly and hyperactive that he's obviously not giving his full attention to the game. It's like GiantBomb Quicklook Syndrome taken to its most over the top extreme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom