• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will I ever escape the horror of Bah bahs?

OTLKG.png

NSMBWii is good, I just wish it didn't look like Babby's First Fisher-Price game and didn't have BAH BAH for a soundtrack. I expect something similar from the sequel.

DKCR2 is/will look/sound godlike, please believe

NSMBWii is good, I just wish it didn't look like Babby's First Fisher-Price game and didn't have BAH BAH for a soundtrack. I expect something similar from the sequel.

DKCR2 is/will look/sound godlike, please believe
Hopefully it's not so shackled to the original music if when there's a sequel and Yamamoto gets to upgrade whatever equipment he's working with, I swear his two Wii soundtracks sounded lower quality than the two Prime games on the GC.
I will never stop believing.
Of course there's always the real dream, the return of the Wise one.

YOU PEOPLE AND YOUR BAH-BAH.

I bet a few of you will vote for NSMB2/U's soundtrack for SotY to make me cry.
Only if you vote Episode 2 to make me cry.

Lijik

SHINY! THE HEDGEHOGS MUST LOOK SHINY!

On top of that, Im pretty sure the Sonic Heroes models have a lower poly count than Sonic Adventure 2

There is no excuse for literally everything about Shadow though. Bad textures, low poly enviroments, reuse of Sonic Heroes models, just about every character specifically modeled for the game looks like it came out of some low end Sega Dreamcast game at best or a Saturn game at worst

Anyways i dont know if this comic was ever posted in here but I think its really cool:
http://cartoonfuntime.tumblr.com/post/35066515447/this-was-my-contribution-for-the-speedhog-zine

That comic reminds me how annoyed I got because I couldn't get all the rings in those loops.

And that the Sonic 2 special stages were all kinds of garbage.

Blue Sphere is the only way.

We are not worthy.

:(
We just have to believe, they can call the sequel Donkey Kong Country Remains: David Wise Returns
People will be pre-ordering in droves!

Just so long as it's SNES trilogy Wise.
The SNES wasn't the end of Wise.
He has some solid work in Diddy Kong Racing, Starfox Adventures and DKC3 GBA.
Though he did sort of vanish for the most part, what a cruel twist of fate.

Here's one just for Beef and Schala because I know how much they love both Hill Top Zone and Wise's work.

who composed this shit

Who was compelled to say, "I'm going to add more of these fucking annoying effects and my soundtrack will be amazing. Even if it's reusing stuff!"

I mean, Sakuraba reuses stuff a lot (Abyss; Xillia 2), but at least it sounds decent in the end.
You know I actually prefer that one to these two.

I give no fucks what anyone else says, this theme rocks my socks.

On a side note the vast majority of what Sakuraba has put in Tales games after Symphonia sounds like the most blandest blandness known to man.

Now stop making MGS BAH puns, I better ward off these spirits.
Kuwabahra, kuwabahra!

I liked Sakuraba's work in Star Ocean 2, but I can't say I find any of the the Tales soundtracks I played memorable, thought I have only played from Symphonia, Abyss, Vesperia, and a little of Graces F.

The SNES wasn't the end of Wise.
He has some solid work in Diddy Kong Racing, Starfox Adventures and DKC3 GBA.
Though he did sort of vanish for the most part, what a cruel twist of fate.

Oh I know it wasn't the end of him and I'm familiar with those soundtracks but they just aren't as memorable to me as the Donkey Kong Country trilogy. Really not feeling his work on DKC3 GBA, he had to work with the GBA which has a crummy sound and it just wasn't as good the SNES version, which was far superior. Plus it wasn't burderned by a system with crummy sound.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Someone stop the bah bahs

I give Beef permission to post Nocturne in here.

Here's one just for Beef and Schala because I know how much they love both Hill Top Zone and Wise's work.
why are you doing this to me

this is supposed to be a secret. shhhhhhhhhhhhh!

On a side note the vast majority of what Sakuraba has put in Tales games after Symphonia sounds like the most blandest blandness known to man.
Xillia and Xillia 2's soundtracks, outside of a few blasé "I totally know Sakuraba composed this" tracks, are pretty decent, imo. There are a few duds on there, but after Symphonia, he finally composed something that I like most of the way through (though it totally helps that he was solo on both albums this time).

I liked Sakuraba's work in Star Ocean 2, but I can't say I find any of the the Tales soundtracks I played memorable, thought I have only played from Symphonia, Abyss, Vesperia, and a little of Graces F.
Actually the same on the played games front, Vesperia had a few blips of goodness but Abyss, well all I remember right now was the theme from that town full of old mechanics which in turn reminds me of the hilariously bad scene where they are "brutally" cut down in stilted tales cutscene animation that makes all serious situations hilarious.

Oh I know it wasn't the end of him and I'm familiar with those soundtracks but they just aren't as memorable to me as the Donkey Kong Country trilogy. Really not feeling his work on DKC3 GBA, he had to work with the GBA which has a crummy sound and it just wasn't as good the SNES version, which was far superior. Plus it wasn't burderned by a system with crummy sound.

Well it's hard to be as memorable as the BEST!
But yes GBA does have crummy sound, but damn he got some magic out of that compared to most GBA soundtracks but lets just not speak of that snow stage theme, Metroid: Zero Mission is one of the only other GBA soundtracks that leaps to mind as managing to make the best of a bad situation, not to say there's no good soundtracks on the console.
And to reach this stage DKC1 and 2 got butchered to hell and back again, cheers GBA, obligatory Sonic Genesis GBA comment.

Wise actually did very little on DKC3 SNES, most of it was done by Eveline Fischer.

Actually the same on the played games front, Vesperia had a few blips of goodness but Abyss, well all I remember right now was the theme from that town full of old mechanics which in turn reminds me of the hilariously bad scene where they are "brutally" cut down in stilted tales cutscene animation that makes all serious situations hilarious.

Well it's hard to be as memorable as the BEST!
But yes GBA does have crummy sound, but damn he got some magic out of that compared to most GBA soundtracks but lets just not speak of that snow stage theme, Metroid: Zero Mission is one of the only other GBA soundtracks that leaps to mind as managing to make the best of a bad situation, not to say there's no good soundtracks on the console.
And to reach this stage DKC1 and 2 got butchered to hell and back again, cheers GBA, obligatory Sonic Genesis GBA comment.

Wise actually did very little on DKC3 SNES, most of it was done by Eveline Fischer.

Ahhh okay, didn't know she was responsible for most of it. And the lest spoken about the butchered soundtracks of the other DKC GBA games the better. I honestly thought the Land games soundtracks was better.

why are you doing this to me

this is supposed to be a secret. shhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Secrets exist to be uncovered.

Xillia and Xillia 2's soundtracks, outside of a few blasé "I totally know Sakuraba composed this" tracks, are pretty decent, imo. There are a few duds on there, but after Symphonia, he finally composed something that I like most of the way through (though it totally helps that he was solo on both albums this time).
He seems to have had a slight rejuvenation as of late so I can imagine them being a step up.
I could do with more of his Mario Golf style music, seriously that MG64 music is so good.

Ahhh okay, didn't know she was responsible for most of it. And the lest spoken about the butchered soundtracks of the other DKC GBA games the better. I honestly thought the Land games soundtracks was better.
They are better, even if you hear Lockjaws Locker in every ship related stage in DKL2 outside the first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom