• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emitan

Sonic 06 isn't the sonic adventure engine at all it mght be inspired by it but in no way does it play or feel the same at all...

Nah, it's pretty much the same. Hub worlds, (yes I know SA2 didn't have one), alt characters with different styles of gameplay, same characters in different levels, multiple sides to the story...

It's basically a shitty version of SA1.

Other than the Advance/Rush Series and Generations, I haven't paid much attention to Sonic since Sonic Adventure came out.

Well its more that Beef links to it a lot. I've never played Sonic RPG.

BlackJace

I'm stealing this point from a review of 06 I watched, but the problem with 06's shitty gameplay is that the devs had to "design" and code nine different play-styles.

That obviously went all to hell.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
You know... if it weren't for this manga I'm reading that's making me cry, I'd probably say that the horrible Resident Evil Director's Cut music and the bad Crazy Bus music is making me cry.

Someone should mix Nocturne, BAH BAH, bad RE music and Crazy Bus music together for giggles.

Also, a friend of mine linked this (probably old by now) Science of Sonic the Hedgehog (warning: physics discussion) video to me today.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Meanies!

I'm gonna go cry in the corner with my sad manga now. ;___;
I should really read the novelization. I'd probably cry lots. I can't believe this shit is actually somewhat of a biographical account. It's so damn sad.

Are you the Iblis Trigger? :O
If she were, she wouldn't be crying without us all dying a fiery death.

Also, man, "Iblis Trigger" sounds so stupid. And like Chrono Trigger, which somehow sounds less stupid (although IIRC the titular object didn't have much pertinence to the plot - maybe pertinent to
Chrono/Crono's death and resurrection
, but that's about it).

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
ViewtifulBAH-BAH

Are you the Iblis Trigger? :O
I'm still sort of crying. I'm about to get to the saddest part of it, apparently! I'm taking a break from it so I don't wear myself out. Nothing's on fire, so we're in the clear! :D

(God, I shouldn't have started reading this. I just wanna cling to something all warm and fuzzy, and nuzzle and cry. I'm more surprised by how well-written and sad it is.)

Professor BAH
holds a doctorate in BAH-BAH
(Today, 11:52 PM)
I feel like Nintendo's going to recruit us all for its BAH-BAH choir...

If she were, she wouldn't be crying without us all dying a fiery death.

Also, man, "Iblis Trigger" sounds so stupid. And like Chrono Trigger, which somehow sounds less stupid (although IIRC the titular object didn't have much pertinence to the plot - maybe pertinent to
Chrono/Crono's death and resurrection
, but that's about it).
"Iblis Trigger" sounds stupid because there was one single character screaming "IBLIS TRIGGER IBLIS TRIGGER!!!!" everywhere in that game in his stupid voice. Chrono Trigger at least sounds like it can be an actual thing to the uninformed.

I just wanna cling to something all warm and fuzzy, and nuzzle and cry. I'm more surprised by how well-written and sad it is.

ncKQv.jpg

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
That's not warm and fuzzy, nor is it something I wanna nuzzle into and cry! D:

I remember when I took that pic. My bf was laughing and asking me what the fuck Sega was thinking saying yes to that being sold in stores. That was also around the time when we thought the rumours about Classic Sonic having Homing Attack in Sonic Generations 3DS were completely fake.

And my friend was right. I did just read the saddest part of the entire series. Can't stop crying at all.

Kokonoe

Banned
I already knew you were crazy.

You had someone defend you for using certain avatars because of that's what you like regardless of the judging that was occurring, and now you are judging me for what I like and being the thing you didn't like before.

Do not live in double standards, or else you will fully turn into an animal and no longer be anthropomorphic.

BHZ Mayor

That's not warm and fuzzy, nor is it something I wanna nuzzle into and cry! D:

I remember when I took that pic. My bf was laughing and asking me what the fuck Sega was thinking saying yes to that being sold in stores. That was also around the time when we thought the rumours about Classic Sonic having Homing Attack in Sonic Generations 3DS were completely fake.

And my friend was right. I did just read the saddest part of the entire series. Can't stop crying at all.

Maybe you should cheer yourself up with some cake.

So I was unlocking my FaceBook account and they asked me to identify friends in linked pictures and stuff, and Mike Pollock was one of them; I completely forgot I had friended him.

qq more

I'm fine with people actually liking Sonic 4 and even Sonic Heroes. I mean after all I like Sonic 3D Blast (.-. )

But Sonic 06 and not in an ironic way? NOPE. YOU'RE GOING STRAIGHT TO HELL. SAY GOOD BYE, DOCTOR.
No offense Anth0ny and Christopher!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I just noticed my PM storage limit was increased. When did that happen? :O

Man, it was the stone ages when it was a ton smaller. Had to download and save the PMs and then delete some every few months.

Maybe you should cheer yourself up with some cake.
One day, I'm gonna order a cake like that. And then regret it because it's soooo much cake and it'll probably make me gain so much weight if I choose to eat it.

The ending of the story was supposed to be bittersweet, but I was so reduced to a puddle of tears that I couldn't take any joy in it. The entire thing made me feel so awful and yet I loved it all. I heard it got adapted into a drama and a film, but I don't want to watch them because screen adaptations aren't usually as good as the text/manga story. I'm going to read the novel next if I can find a copy of it on Amazon Japan or eBay for cheap.

Actually, that was my way of joking back. I'm not that serious.
I'd probably take it as a complement, though--people see you as a serious poster and are more likely to think critically of what you're saying.

So I was unlocking my FaceBook account and they asked me to identify friends in linked pictures and stuff, and Mike Pollock was one of them; I completely forgot I had friended him.
I'm just surprised that semi-famous (and I use the term very loosely) people accept friend requests from people. I would've thought they'd want to keep their private and public lives separate.

But Sonic 06 and not in an ironic way? NOPE. YOU'RE GOING STRAIGHT TO HELL. SAY GOOD BYE, DOCTOR.
No offense Anth0ny and Christopher!
But if we didn't have people who loved Sonic 2006, we wouldn't have the comments that Sega1991 posts on his tumblr!!

I have to deagree with you BalzeHedgehog, you just suck at playing sonic’s game
dude your very wrong this game was not rushed but.. sega was not making it horrible.. it’s suppose to be like that.. sega was testing to see if you can go through tough stages . i got through the whole game… well not really.. im stuck with silver and getting that ball into a hole =.= but it’s a pretty good game once you get use to it.
suck this u retarded fool. the problem here is not the game, its u. ur a bad gamer and u know it. most of those glithes were cool. u r just a glitch hateing loser. go die in a hole.

dude your very wrong this game was not rushed but.. sega was not making it horrible.. it’s suppose to be like that.. sega was testing to see if you can go through tough stages . i got through the whole game… well not really.. im stuck with silver and getting that ball into a hole =.= but it’s a pretty good game once you get use to it.
MY SIDES!
There's so much goodness in this one.

screw Sonic 06 i want Shadow the Hedgehog 2

The new dream is Shadow Adventure.

qq more

lots of people like the game.

sad but true fact, Shadow the Hedgehog is the highest selling modern sonic game of all time xD

SEGA would have no trouble green lighting another one for iizuka if he ever asks for shadow the hedgehog 2

i cant tell if you're joking or not

how much did it sold? D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom