• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadiWulf

i cant tell if you're joking or not

how much did it sold? D:

Critical response to Shadow the Hedgehog was mixed;[48] the GameCube, PlayStation 2, and Xbox versions are respectively rated 51%,[39] 45%,[40] and 49%[41] on Metacritic and 53%,[36] 49%,[37] and 52%[38] on Game Rankings. By May 17, 2006, the game's worldwide sales total exceeded one million.[52] The game was later released as a part of three budget lines: Greatest Hits and Platinum Range for the PlayStation 2 and Xbox (these each represent sales of at least 400,000),[53] and Player's Choice for the GameCube (250,000).[54]

lmao

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_the_Hedgehog_(video_game)#Reception

Anth0ny

Fuck that noise

Anth0ny thinks 2006 > Colors

Ban his ass

ibwyoeRl05OPgq.gif

I'd rather play Rush Adventure over Mario Galaxy.

ibwyoeRl05OPgq.gif

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
These guys can't accept that I like this game, it's my opinion, I'm retaliating exactly how these trolls are. They're stupid and play Call of Duty to make their girlfriendless lives feel better. Sonic 06 for the win!
:((((((((((((((

I don't understand your primary school English, you obviously have trouble reading. I said this game is GREAT - that is my opinion. I said the plot and graphics were GREAT, that is my opinion. The 'final fantasy' story was AMAZING, it brought a real sense of maturity to the Sonic games. Just because a little oaf like you likes running left and right to collect rings, DOES NOT MEAN everyone has to HATE this game.

I LOVE SONIC 06!!!
Ok.

You dumbass, it's people like you, little [f-word that isn't very nice] 'COD CALL OV DOOTY PELAYERS' that ruin the Sonic community, SO IT WAS A LITTLE GLITCHED. The plot was amazing and the graphics were godlike for a Sonic game, it was also the proper narration for Silver's upcoming. The Sonic fanbase consists of true fans that look for POSITIVES in a game, not NEGATIVES. Idiotic little boy, do you like reaching for the stars in Sonic Colours? Stop being an arse, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. SONIC 06!!!
Now I know he's trolling.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Beefmas is in 6 weeks! Get your stockings ready!
Time to sing Beefmas carols! :D

Wow, this year feels like it went by fast! And all that shopping and baking I have to do... I've never baked a pie before so I wanna try baking a pie! I baked a cake last year and my bf liked it (he actually ate a lot of it and he doesn't like cakes), sooo... I'll try a pie this year.

I was gonna say "delusional", but it could be an active troll attempt, yeah.
I hope it's trolling. He can't be serious.

BHZ Mayor

Wow, this year feels like it went by fast! And all that shopping and baking I have to do... I've never baked a pie before so I wanna try baking a pie! I baked a cake last year and my bf liked it (he actually ate a lot of it and he doesn't like cakes), sooo... I'll try a pie this year.

I hope it's trolling. He can't be serious.

Christmas carols using bahs or the Chronicles soundfont! Yay!

Edit: Random thought. You know how at the end of Star Light Act 2, there's 5 ring boxes if you ride the rotating platforms to the top.

Shown here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfazuTnT4gg&t=8m27s

This is also the last level with a giant ring. Those five ring boxes are there to basically guarantee one last chance at the special stages if you don't have all the emeralds at that point. That was a great design decision.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Gotta go fast
Well, going fast is fine. Finishing fast is terrible.

BHZ Mayor said:
This is also the last level with a giant ring. Those five ring boxes are there to basically guarantee one last chance at the special stages if you don't have all the emeralds at that point. That was a great design decision.
Huh, I never noticed that before. How clever! I like seeing stuff like that.

Christmas carols using bahs or the Chronicles soundfont! Yay!

Edit: Random thought. You know how at the end of Star Light Act 2, there's 5 ring boxes if you ride the rotating platforms to the top.

Shown here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfazuTnT4gg&t=8m27s

That's pretty slick. It reminds me Sonic 1 is the only one of the Genesis games that I never really took the chance to explore as a kid, explored and discovered the secrets of Sonic 2 and Sonic 3 and Knuckles but not this one.

Lijik

That dude acts like he's the big man on campus in Spagonia, but I'd like to see him tackle Holaska.

That's pretty slick. It reminds me Sonic 1 is the only one of the Genesis games that I never really took the chance to explore as a kid, explored and discovered the secrets of Sonic 2 and Sonic 3 and Knuckles but not this one.

I'm kind of the opposite in the sense that I've spent way more time exploring Sonic 1 than 2 or 3/k

That dude acts like he's the big man on campus in Spagonia, but I'd like to see him tackle Holaska.

I'm kind of the opposite in the sense that I've spent way more time exploring Sonic 1 than 2 or 3/k

I'm sure I would have if I had it earlier as a kid but we were stuck with 2 for the longest so we explored every last bit of it. I really have been meaning to play it a bit and explore some more.

Lijik

He better say "THIS IS WHO I AM" when I push in his chest hair or no sale

I'm sure I would have if I had it earlier as a kid but we were stuck with 2 for the longest so we explored every last bit of it. I really have been meaning to play it a bit and explore some more.

I wound up getting a lot of my Sonic 1 time in during high school thanks to a - i dont wanna say competent so lets go with "Playable enough" - java port of Sonic 1 I had on my cellphone. That and the surprisingly competent Legend of Spyro platformers were my go-to cellphone games in class. Looking back, im not really sure how I put up with playing a bunch of platformers using a numpad.

Nert

What kind of pie? I've baked a few cream pies with graham cracker crust and they turned out pretty well. I never put in the effort to learn how to make anything more complicated than that, though.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
What kind of pie? I've baked a few cream pies with graham cracker crust and they turned out pretty well. I never put in the effort to learn how to make anything more complicated than that, though.
Um, well, I'm not sure what he likes. It'd be too late for pumpkin pie. He doesn't like anything too sweet, so we're opposites in that way--but I still wanna bake a sweet pie (a sugar pie seems out). Usually when we go out to the local dessert parlour, he gets a cappucino and makes me eat the cherry on top of it, while I have some dessert... he doesn't like cakes so I was surprised he ate the one I baked, icing and all.

What kind of pies do boys usually like?

...I already feel like I'm in over my head.

TheOGB said:
Now it's worse.

qq more

I was planning to show this later but eh why not now:

bridgezone.png

Things to note:
-BG is definitely not finished yet. Parts of it is empty and the clouds might be redone.
-Some of the stuff might look like it blends with the background, but with parallax it might fix that issue. (I'm just concerned about the trees though)
-The game's resolution will be 432x240, pretty much half the size of this image.

Nert

Um, well, I'm not sure what he likes. It'd be too late for pumpkin pie. He doesn't like anything too sweet, so we're opposites in that way--but I still wanna bake a sweet pie (a sugar pie seems out). Usually when we go out to the local dessert parlour, he gets a cappucino and makes me eat the cherry on top of it, while I have some dessert... he doesn't like cakes so I was surprised he ate the one I baked, icing and all.

What kind of pies do boys usually like?

...I already feel like I'm in over my head.

Heh, that's way too broad of a question for me to be able to answer. The nice thing about pies with graham cracker crust is that they're really simple to make; you basically a mixture of smashed graham cracker crumbs, butter and confectioners' sugar around the edges of the pie pan, bake it for a while, and then add the filling.

Anything involving making your own dough or rolling pins is more than I care to deal with. I mean, fuck this.

The best Sonic Generations mod yet (NSFW): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsM2ZbQtulM

I've probably spent too much time on the internet if my initial reaction is "Hrm, I'm surprised it took this long for something like that to be released."

I was planning to show this later but eh why not now:

bridgezone.png

Things to note:
-BG is definitely not finished yet. Parts of it is empty and the clouds might be redone.
-Some of the stuff might look like it blends with the background, but with parallax it might fix that issue. (I'm just concerned about the trees though)
-The game's resolution will be 432x240, pretty much half the size of this image.

Looking nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom