• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found Rotor's lost tribe...but I guess the Eggman got to them first...oh hey, don't try to freeze me!

This stage combines ice stages and water...it's like Ice Cap Zone...made ten times worse. By the way, I really hate Ice Cap. Great music but good heaven almighty, that levels is not fun. White Park Act 3 is not fun. Episode 2 is not fun. Is anything fun? Anything? Have I lost the meaning to fun?

OMG Aero

So has anyone here got Sonic Racing Transformed on PS3?
I picked it up today and it'd pretty cool to play with some other SonicGAF people.

Did you get to the end of the level with the freezing walruses that makes the stage unwinnable?

I see flowers of white, skies of blue....bright sunny days too...and I think to myself...how I hate seals.'

Evil...they're all evil...evil...the coming of the endtimes...soon Sonic will have 666 stamped on his forehead as he submits to Rotor, the Antichrist.

Oh wind...sweet sweet beautiful wind...will you take me away? To a land of gummy gum drops, twinkie rolls, chocolate dreams, vanilla domes, lakes full of soda, to the land of...oh sweet wind, you have taken me to a land of brambles...and...animal buddies... *twitch*

I found Rotor's lost tribe...but I guess the Eggman got to them first...oh hey, don't try to freeze me!

This stage combines ice stages and water...it's like Ice Cap Zone...made ten times worse. By the way, I really hate Ice Cap. Great music but good heaven almighty, that levels is not fun. White Park Act 3 is not fun. Episode 2 is not fun. Is anything fun? Anything? Have I lost the meaning to fun?
Hey, Ice Cap Act 2 is pretty awesome.

I picked it up today and it'd pretty cool to play with some other SonicGAF people.

Right here.

Outside factors have me buying it for the 360.

And Ice Cap Act 2 was worse because they had to go and add water. Water to any Sonic stage makes it worse. You show me a good Sonic level with water and I'll...I'll...do something.

Oil Desert is Animal Antics...is this how nostaliga works? Is this life? What is the meaning to life? Is it the true truth? Is it the tooky tooky bird? Is it pi to the googlth digit? Is it staring into the sky? Is it love? Tell me...

Hydrocity Zone chortles at you.
Plus the only water in act 2 is Knuckles territory and it's barely even a hazard, I actually forgot it was there until I checked a map.

Comparing the toughest trial of DKC2 to Oil Desert? that's not cool at all.

Okay I relent, what do you want me to do?

Oh and it isn't as hard as Animal Antics but I'm fighting the wind...and navigating spikes...while flying...some wounds don't go away.

Oil Desert Act 3...REMEMBER THE VUVUZELA!

Let me blow you the sounds of my peoples!

Sand...I hate it...it's itchy and gets everywhere...

Screw it all, I'm done for the day, I can't take it anymore.

Just like those people who said they got past the Barrel first time. All dirty filthy no good liars.

LIARS! It makes them feel special and important.

So Eggman, you bring back your most powerful robot from CD...a guy who is just as fast as Sonic but stronger...you go through all that work to bring him back...and then you send him through Mad Gear...why?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I decided to play a bit of Graces f again (the half-finished Japanese plat run on my Canadian account). I was playing Xillia 2, but for some reason Jude's slower physics and attack animations made me want to compare with Asbel's physics and attack animation speeds out of curiosity.

I have so much fun while playing Graces. I don't care about characterization and crap like that. Who gives a shit. What matters most above all is how much fun I'm having with the systems involved. Also, it's the Japanese version so I get to listen to Takahiro Sakurai belt out attack names because his voice has such a nice tone colour and...er... Not like that means anything, of course.

qq more said:
It's slightly darker now... and I think as a result it reflects the water fine.
Much better.

tiggerkiddo said:
Oil Desert Act 3...REMEMBER THE VUVUZELA!

Let me blow you the sounds of my peoples!

Sand...I hate it...it's itchy and gets everywhere...

Screw it all, I'm done for the day, I can't take it anymore.
Game of the Year, right?! :D

Keep going because you're almost finished.

So Eggman, you bring back your most powerful robot from CD...a guy who is just as fast as Sonic but stronger...you go through all that work to bring him back...and then you send him through Mad Gear...why?
The most important thing from Episode 2 was that we learned why Eggman built Mad Gear.

qq more

I think I'm done with Bridge Zone for now. I'm going to make assets for...

I have no idea what level I want to choose for Sonic 2's rep. The most voted levels Gimmick Mountain and Crystal Egg don't suit as the second level... and I feel that Underground Zone is pretty iconic. What to do what to do?

qq more

It's iconic for the wrong reasons :D!

Actually I shouldn't go with Underground Zone. We already have Red Volcano. Sky High could work but we already have a damn grassland level. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

qq more

I won't even dare make Altitude Limit even as a prank... I can't bring myself to redesign such an uninteresting level.

Except when it will be a $15 level DLC

Emitan

F16BC582D82B7558697BF0E22E735C40E2ABFFDB

Not OK.

Wow. This game was pretty damn awful. Steam says I took 2.5 hours to beat it. I want my time back.

I never thought I'd beat Sonic 2 GG back in the day. Beat it last week in one go with all of the Emeralds. How times have changed...

It's iconic for the wrong reasons :D!

Actually I shouldn't go with Underground Zone. We already have Red Volcano. Sky High could work but we already have a damn grassland level. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Aqua Lake's pretty much the only other viable candidate, I guess.

TheOGB

Banned
Sonic and Other Cool Guys and Danica Patrick and Wreck-It Ralph Racing Transformers: Robots in Disguise is pretty fun so far. I recommend to to those of you needing to wash the horrible after taste of Sonic 4 Episode II out of your figurative or literal mouth.

Thanks. Well, I won't deny that we've had a lot of stumbling blocks along the way, but everything isn't always peachy-keen. Best thing to do is sit down and talk it out. Argue and yell and say what's bothering you and listen to each other if you need to so you can just get it out and not bottle things up. That's an awful thing to do in a relationship and can lead to its demise. But I guess the other half of it is that even though he's the more sociable and outgoing one and I'm the quieter shy one, he's way more patient and less hot-headed than I am, so he's more likely to listen to what I have to say and consider it. Takes two to tango in a relationship, etc.

They say that dating your best friend is probably the worst thing you could do, but I feel like it's worked out for both of us.

As for PIE--The most electrifying song in sports entertainment.
Heh, that all sounds familiar. But still, your nine years trumps my year and a half. :p

Yo.

A7y9BbBCcAAV4t9.jpg

Was gonna get it for Wii U but that's not for another couple of weeks here and places are listing it for ~$20 more than the PS360 version so Triple it was. PSN name is Dubbington if anyone wants to add me.

Dear Dimps,

This is your biggest fan but there are a few things I would love to see in Episode 3:

Invisible block enemies.

Don't warn me about bottomless pits, real gamers don't need them.

Episode Metal was too easy. Can I get some bosses like from Tohou. I want them to fill the screen with shots.

the Starfish enemies need homing shots.

White Park needs more cheery music. The walruses need to sing Bah Bah. And pose while doing it.

I don't need to know when I need air in the water. Real gamers don't need them.

Bring back Rad Red and his digging minigames.

I really loved those sections on Oil Desert where we have to fly in the wind. We need more dangerous sections like that.

Oh and please include my fan character, he's a Red hedgehog who can summon fireballs and he has a relationship with Sally. I have a drawing attached.

Sonic and Tails are still my OTP!

Thanks Dimps, gotta go fast!

Lijik

I feel like Im the only one who actually kind of likes Sonic 4 episode 2. I catch myself playing a level every now and again, but it might just be a Crash of the Titans situation where thanks to the level select I can just play the decent stuff repeatedly while condemning the worst levels (like that goddamn underwater ice one) to becoming distant memories

I decided to play a bit of Graces f again (the half-finished Japanese plat run on my Canadian account). I was playing Xillia 2, but for some reason Jude's slower physics and attack animations made me want to compare with Asbel's physics and attack animation speeds out of curiosity.

I have so much fun while playing Graces. I don't care about characterization and crap like that. Who gives a shit. What matters most above all is how much fun I'm having with the systems involved. Also, it's the Japanese version so I get to listen to Takahiro Sakurai belt out attack names because his voice has such a nice tone colour and...er... Not like that means anything, of course.
I've been distracted by Transformed, it may take me a while to get back into the Graces groove.
I do find the battle system more fun than other games in the series though i'm probably having a ton of advanced stuff fly over my head, no limited TP is the greatest thing ever, I don't want to go back to any game with Orange gels!

The most important thing from Episode 2 was that we learned why Eggman built Mad Gear.
I don't care about characterization and crap like that. Who gives a shit.
Well maybe you're not as serious concerning this intense plot as the rest of us, WHAT WAS HE LOOKING FOR IN THE LABYRINTH?!

I feel like Im the only one who actually kind of likes Sonic 4 episode 2. I catch myself playing a level every now and again, but it might just be a Crash of the Titans situation where thanks to the level select I can just play the decent stuff repeatedly while condemning the worst levels (like that goddamn underwater ice one) to becoming distant memories
I'll occasionally dive back into a few of the stages, of course there are some that i'll just never go back near.
So kind of the same deal, really.

Lijik

Episode Metal had shitty level design but the light it shines on the greater Sonic canon is ESSENTIAL
So many questions i never really even had before answered!

You download the game. Episode 2 you say, well I really liked Episode 1 even though it had some issues so maybe they improved on it. You boot up the game and a familiar face graces the title screen. It has Tails so you tell yourself things are already looking up, they really are! The first stage Sylvanna Castle is a treat to the eyes, it looks different from any other Sonic stage, it's not some sort of cheap rip off from an earlier Sonic game and the music is nice as well. Your spirits are lifted as you get to see the new tag team moves in action. A sense of dread forms over you when you see how one of the tag combos makes your spin dash useless but it's okay, this game is better! You keep telling yourself that as you reach the first boss. It looks like a rehash from Aquatic Ruin and you chuckle to yourself as Eggman swats away the stone pillars with...something. It looks like it would be real interesting you think to yourself...or is it?

...to be continued...

(Ahhh bloody hell, I forgot about the water sections, will add a portion in)

qq more

Sonic Classics Collection? Wasn't that the name of the Sonic collection for the DS?

Also, since no one saw my question...
Also, I got an idea... should I make Sonic Blast's level Yellow Desert Zone (considering there's no desert level) and just make Sonic 2's level Underground Zone?
I just need to know if you're all okay with Underground being the rep. Itching to do Sonic 2's level next.

BHZ Mayor

Sonic Classics Collection? Wasn't that the name of the Sonic collection for the DS?

Also, since no one saw my question...

I just need to know if you're all okay with Underground being the rep. Itching to do Sonic 2's level next.

Make it Sky High Zone complete with mandatory hang gliding segments. And make Sonic's sprite the angry nose-less rat look from Game Gear Sonic 1.

qq more

Underground should mix with Gimmick Mt. arbitrarily.

Why? Well, being a blatant recolor doesn't hurt.

That could actually work.

It probably is...which would be really boring.

Make Sonic Blast's rep Sand Desert...just don't remind us about Sonic Blast.

I would of have replaced Sonic Blast with another game but there isn't another platformer Sonic game from the portable series (uninspired Pocket Adventure aside). Tails' Adventure was almost pushing it already.

They should have given us a Knuckles game on the Game Gear.

And darnit, Shadow's first boss in Sonic Adventure 2 is really annoying with those missiles. Why won't you let me hit you?? Screw you boss, I just want to play as Shadow, not fight mechs with a trigger finger happier than mine in Halo 4.

Tizoc

They should have given us a Knuckles game on the Game Gear.

And darnit, Shadow's first boss in Sonic Adventure 2 is really annoying with those missiles. Why won't you let me hit you?? Screw you boss, I just want to play as Shadow, not fight mechs with a trigger finger happier than mine in Halo 4.

Shadow's first boss is easy...just stay away when he fires the rockets, then do a homing attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom