• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Let's talk about how fun Transformed is guys.

And girls.

Anyone?

Okay...=(
Eeeeehhhhh? I'm not getting my copy until Tuesday/Wednesday with Persona 4: Golden. Plus I still have Ys Celceta and Xillia 2 to finish off. :|

Well. I hope it's fun.

No one answered the most important question: How is the music in that game?

Seriously, come PS4/Durango release time, we're gonna be having similar issues. I suppose the situations won't be quite as cut-and-dry, but I'm recalling that many third-party offerings for the 360 launch weren't particularly far-removed from the OG Xbox versions.

Haven't had any system lock-ups, but I've seen that error message floating about. Yeah, no excuse for hanging up when a disc is removed, not when the two consoles prior just provided a polite "put the disc back in you idiot" screen.
Almost every new hardware launch has its share of issues. I'm just surprised that a Nintendo console, which I've always felt was a sturdy object with little issues, has... well, the issues that the 360/PS3 (probably PS4/Durango) had.

That error message isn't the only thing because sometimes it seems to stay on one screen and doesn't seem to load up the next thing (ie: the game). Oh well, day 1 worries, but it's unfortunate. When I got my launch Wii, I had very very little problems with it, and to see lots of people have issues with the Wii U is disheartening.

It'll happen! And if it's anything like that tech demo, it will be gorgeous. (inb4 somebody compares the GC Spaceworld demo to Wind Waker just to prove me wrong).
Eheh... actually, speaking of aesthetics in Zelda... When TP came out a few of my girlfriends were ecstatic when Link was shirtless in that game for a little bit. They liked their bishounens. :p

But I just love it when Nintendo experiments with different artstyles for that series. They always manage to make it look so pretty! Now if Link could go back to being a lefty that would be a plus. As a lefty, I'd appreciate that lots.

They weren't kidding about the difficulty, it gets pretty brutal. I'm so used to owning the computer in Kart based racers all the time...so sad now.

The music is pretty catchy to me but I haven't really unlocked anything but I'll report back after I play some more. I LOVE Kart based games.

qq more

Man I wish this game has cross-system play. I want to play with a lot of you but it seems I'm only going to be playing with ones that owns it for the Wii U.

Can't wait til I get my hands on the console. I need to also order the game already.

Samba De Amigo has the best looking stage and the best music for me so far.

Easy mode is...almost brainless but anything above that is...kind of ruthless. I don't really see the difference between the other two difficulties mainly because I keep finishing in the same place...4th...=(

Tizoc

Transformed is great, and I'm enjoying it outside of the...difficulty levels =_=
Pretty much my GotY. I can't get enough of the OST too XoX

Man I wish this game has cross-system play. I want to play with a lot of you but it seems I'm only going to be playing with ones that owns it for the Wii U.

Can't wait til I get my hands on the console. I need to also order the game already.
It's on my Christmas list. Can't really afford new games right now. Shouldn't even have bought BAH-BAH U, really, but there was a bit of demand in the family for it, and I didn't think NintendoLand would hold me. (Although I must admit, it's a tad bit meatier than I was expecting... only a tad, though.)

Still, I'm looking forward to checking it out. I haven't heard that this version's especially worse than the other console's versions, although the lack of analog triggers is a bit off-putting for this genre (even if I tend to treat them as digital anyway - either going full tilt or not). Of course, I'd probably end up buying the PC version too, just for the novelty of the TF2 characters. (60FPS, too.)

NNID is "ShadowHog", of course.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
That ASR:T OST sounds hot. Need to listen to it more. Who knows, it might be up there with Bravely Default, Hotline Miami, Ys Celceta, and a buncha other stuff I forgot about this year (considering putting FF13-2 up there since I didn't bother voting for it last year). Seriously, though, ASR:T always seemed like it was a SEGA fanservice/anniversary game sort of thing (outside of Wreck-It Ralph/that nascar person's inclusion).

Man, kart racers aren't my genre of choice, so if you guys are saying it's hard... well...

I know I say that I like my games hard and fast, but if I'm out of my element it's going to feel strange.

qq more said:
Man I wish this game has cross-system play.
I wish this were a thing. I really do.

ShadiWulf

That ASR:T OST sounds hot. Need to listen to it more. Who knows, it might be up there with Bravely Default, Hotline Miami, Ys Celceta, and a buncha other stuff I forgot about this year (considering putting FF13-2 up there since I didn't bother voting for it last year). Seriously, though, ASR:T always seemed like it was a SEGA fanservice/anniversary game sort of thing (outside of Wreck-It Ralph/that nascar person's inclusion).

Man, kart racers aren't my genre of choice, so if you guys are saying it's hard... well...

I know I say that I like my games hard and fast, but if I'm out of my element it's going to feel strange.

I wish this were a thing. I really do.

its not a kart game, haha, i know Sumo gets annoyed whenever anyone says that. Especially if it's compared to mario kart.

It's really an arcade racing game. I guess if you had to compare it to games, it's the first one mixed with blur. with much more emphasis on speed and realistic handling, and the items work like blur, especially the snowballs.

I say it's Kart based because those are the only games I can really compare it to, I don't play more realistic racers like GT...or others like Forza, PGR or such.

I know it's not literally go-karts and all, but honestly, any racing game that puts heavy emphasis on weapons and items in order to carve a path through those ahead of you (or defend yourself from those behind you) is a "kart racer" in my mind. Blame Mario Kart, it's too ingrained in my head.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
It's a "racer with powerups", then! :p

Just popping in to say that perhaps it's because of the mixing but both versions of "With Me" (the final battle one and the Crush 40 one) have lovely harmonies. I bet it's the mixing. Hearing lovely harmonies takes me back to high school and vocal classes, heh.

Edit: Guys, I think I have severely underestimated how relatively decent Sonic and the Black Knight's soundtrack is.

I'm in the camp of any games with a weapon system and such is a kart game to me. I remember there was even a NASCAR racing game with weapons for the PS1 and that was pretty much a kart game to me.

Anyways, we need more people on the 360 version!

qq more

I'm in the camp of any games with a weapon system and such is a kart game to me. I remember there was even a NASCAR racing game with weapons for the PS1 and that was pretty much a kart game to me.

Anyways, we need more people on the 360 version!

Yuck, then I have to pay for Xbox Live!
And I don't want a 360 .-.

Don't worry, I hate paying for it too but...free online means a lot of people try to get away with sloppy connections on PSN and I won't stand for that one bit.

Jerks.

Sciz

Edit: Guys, I think I have severely underestimated how relatively decent Sonic and the Black Knight's soundtrack is.

Not the best in the series by any means, but it's got the advantage of having its own distinct flavor. The Tallarico/Drossin/Jacques tag team is solid if not overly memorable, and on the whole it's probably Senoue's best performance post-SA1 between all the folksy ballads, punching out two of his best boss themes, and momentarily jamming a mean Spanish guitar.

Just another fine example of how extraordinarily varied Sonic music is.

BlackJace

It's a "racer with powerups", then! :p

Just popping in to say that perhaps it's because of the mixing but both versions of "With Me" (the final battle one and the Crush 40 one) have lovely harmonies. I bet it's the mixing. Hearing lovely harmonies takes me back to high school and vocal classes, heh.

What's your favorite track? I like Dragon's Lair and Molten Mine.

OMG Aero

I am wearing my contacts. I still can't see very far away.
Then you should get your eyes tested again and get new contacts.
It means exactly what I mean. A lot of the connections on games in PSN are garbage because some of the cheapskates think they can get by with a pathetic connection. I find less of them on Live...
Yeah, fuck those inferior internet peasants. If there is an online gaming pay wall then you know that anyone on there is dedicated to play online.
I refuse to play online PC games for your same reasons.

Oh wait.

iavi

SA2 PC doesnt have the same issue with upscaling that Ep2 had does it? It seems like it was ported by the same team.

ezodagrom

SA2 PC doesnt have the same issue with upscaling that Ep2 had does it? It seems like it was ported by the same team.
It was ported by SEGA of China, yeah, but it doesn't have resolution issues that previous SEGA of China ports had, it even supports non-16:9 resolutions well.

1440x900 with 4xSSAA forced through the graphics drivers:

sa2h.jpg

qq more

And not to mention Miiverse has a lot of shitty memes and ragefaces now apparently. Great, everything wrong with the internet!

..I can disable the Miiverse right? I don't want to see this shit when I boot up the console. Ugh.

And not to mention Miiverse has a lot of shitty memes and ragefaces now apparently. Great, everything wrong with the internet!

..I can disable the Miiverse right? I don't want to see this shit when I boot up the console. Ugh.
I was looking at the settings for that earlier (in a vain attempt to find some kind of option for the overscan). I think I saw an option where you could limit the messages to ones your NNID friends posted. I could be way off the mark, though.

It won't help much with the inane forum topics you get in the Miiverse application, though.

qq more

I was looking at the settings for that earlier (in a vain attempt to find some kind of option for the overscan). I think I saw an option where you could limit the messages to ones your NNID friends posted. I could be way off the mark, though.

It won't help much with the inane forum topics you get in the Miiverse application, though.

I'll just limit it to just friends. That's fine because I trust them not driving me insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom