• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I don't even want to know how many times you've played the darn thing considering you seem to know it so darn well. ;)

I almost want to know how long it took to make that glitch vid and how many times you've had to play the game to record it, but I almost don't wanna know at the same time.

Billiechu said:
I am going to emulate P4 on my computer because I haven't beaten it so I cannot justify purchasing the Vita version.
I figured it was one of my favourite games of all time, and the Vita version has solidified that so far. Most of the new stuff fits in pretty well, and omg, Very Hard mode is so gosh darn fun and I haven't felt that way about an RPG in so long. It's so exhilarating and exciting and it feels so good to finish off enemies after having a tough go at them. It's too bad it's pretty grindy because you get less XP and money. But Very Hard mode ends up making me feel extremely satisfied in the end.

Perhaps it's out of bias, but I'd totally recommend the Vita version.

qq more

I really want to get Persona 4 Golden but I don't own a Vita and I'm waiting until a price drop and more games for it. I'm probably 3/4 done with Persona 3.

Tizoc

So has anyone read Sonic Universe 46?
It didn't impress me all that much and the new characters they introduced share similarties with the Downunda FF.
....but hopefully it'll get better in the next issues.

qq more

Marin Karin.

Or something like that.

Wasn't that the charm attack that misses a lot? (At least in 3) And I think you spelled it right.

Also, I just got my Wii U. So now to update for an hour... At least the GamePad is really impressive so far!

EDIT: SonicGAF what's your NNID?

EDIT2: Wow. The web browser is really awesome! *posting from the Wii U*

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
It's too bad I can't ask someone to secure an NNID for me because then it'd be locked to the system.

If anyone wants to add me on PSN/Vita PSN if you haven't already, my US/CAD/Vita PSN's pretty obvious: Dark_Schala

Sonic 06's story was so super serious too...replaying SA2 the "life" of 06 is nowhere to be found. The cutscenes are so dry of life...
Sonic 2006 had very little life, though. That town was completely devoid of it, the cutscenes looked awful, the colours were washed out in the cutscenes, the human designs were so awful, etc. Unleashed did that aspect of it right.

Marin Karin.

Or something like that.
Fuck Marin Karin in Persona 3 vanilla / FES. >:|
[insert heal me mitsuru pic here]

I never really had a problem with Marin Karin in P3. If anything pissed me off it was Yukari's terrible accuracy rate.

PSN is TNA_KEN if anyone wants to add me.

EDIT: Oh, it only sucked in the PS2 versions? I've only played P3P.

I didn't have to worry about Marin Karin too much because I didn't use her much in my party. I prefered the MC, Yukari, Aigis and...uhhh...that boxing guy whose name I've forgotten...but he was so cool...=/

Kokonoe

Banned
Thank you, SEGA.

ibpsjwYWsCGp3f.png

I don't even want to know how many times you've played the darn thing considering you seem to know it so darn well. ;)

I almost want to know how long it took to make that glitch vid and how many times you've had to play the game to record it, but I almost don't wanna know at the same time.

I have played the game to completion only twice - once when I first got it, and once for the charity stream. Really.

I played individual levels a "lot" for about six months after I got it, because the Xbox 360 was a shiny new toy and it was the only game I had for it besides maybe PGR3. Then I started getting other games (GTAIV), and borrowing some from my cousin (Gears of War, Dead Rising, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Halo 2, JSRF) so Sonic fell by the wayside and eventually went untouched for basically three or four years.

The glitch vid was something I had been planning basically since I got the game. I had recorded some individual glitches to show friends by pointing an awful webcam at a TV screen, and eventually had enough that I felt like I could stitch them in to a video in Windows Movie Maker (not sure why that's tagged to the Sonic Riders page, but whatever). I made a list of stuff I wanted to feature should I ever get a proper capture card to do such a video justice.

When I got a capture card, I never really wanted to take the time to do it properly, but about the time I started capturing video for Sonic Unleashed DLC to post on TSSZ, a friend of mine mentioned that despite the fact he hated Sonic Unleashed, I made the game look really cool because I knew how to play it well. So he sort of dared me to try and make Sonic 06 look good, and in the process of trying to record a "clean" run of Crisis City, I ended up capturing footage of some pretty funny, pretty dumb stuff. That was also, incidentally, the first video where I forced myself to learn Sony Vegas so I could ditch Windows Movie Maker.

And then not long after I joined GAF, there was a thread on "unbelievable glitches". That was all the motivation I needed. The entire video literally came together in the span of about four or five hours - that was capturing, editing, uploading and processing. It felt crazy simple and easy to do at the time, but I guess the gears had been turning in my head for a good four years at that point.

Tizoc

I've been checking the comments to their 06 videos, I see there are still people that defend it.

That is embarrassing.

Just...embarrassing.

OMG Aero

I'll add you when I get back home :3

Any impressions of the PSTripla version of the new Sonic racing game?
I've only played the PS3 version so I can't give you frame rate comparisons or anything with the other versions but it seems like a perfectly fine version of the game to me.
I did play the original game on 360 and aside from the obvious changes from Transformed being a sequel, I haven't noticed any issues from switching consoles.

I like how all of the Team Good stages are kind of lackluster and boring (At times, Pumpkin Hill was a nice setting) and Team Dark has them doing all the real interesting missions. I'm still not a fan of Rogue's stages but I have to appreciate how they're changing things up like how you had to be aware of Eggman's robots, or where she's infiltrating a base to get some Emeralds. You still have to hunt for stuff but it seems more interesting...err, I don't know a good way to put it now that I think about it...=/

qq more

I like how all of the Team Good stages are kind of lackluster and boring (At times, Pumpkin Hill was a nice setting) and Team Dark has them doing all the real interesting missions. I'm still not a fan of Rogue's stages but I have to appreciate how they're changing things up like how you had to be aware of Eggman's robots, or where she's infiltrating a base to get some Emeralds. You still have to hunt for stuff but it seems more interesting...err, I don't know a good way to put it now that I think about it...=/

Shadow's levels are pretty boring compared to Sonic's if you ask me.

Whoops, maybe I should've posted this in this OT instead of the (very old) Sonic 4 Ep. 2 OT.

If you are a iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch owner, check out your nearest Starbucks. Sonic 4 Episode 2 is this week's App Pick of the Week meaning you can grab a free download code for this game. You do not need to buy anything in Starbucks to grab a card.

I don't own any Apple products, but I grabbed a couple cards to share.

fzJLN.jpg

The codes here are up for grabs to anyone. Get one while you can. :p

Sonic 2K6's ending was well done. Why? Because it means that none of the game happened canonically.

Speaking of 2K6, I like the Game Grumps run and all, but they seriously need to stop singing "Escape from the City". Joke wore out its welcome fast.

Sonic 1 is the weakest of the mainline games but it's still very good. Sonic 2 and Sonic 3 and Knuckles are of equally insane quality(I give a slight edge to the latter).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom