• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
As it's the end of the world, I'd like to profess my adoration of our favourite SonicGAF contributor.

I love you,
dear Beef.
Oh, I get it now. ;-;

Whatever. It's just because he's the President.

I like robots. If anything, these designs remind me of PSO designs.

And yes, I agree. I was a part of PokeGAF for a bit but it wasn't the community for me, and I also got tired of Pokemon itself actually. I was into Pokemon since 1998 non-stop until two-three months ago when I finally decided to take my break from it. This thread, however, I can always come back to, and I generally for the most part always like to talk about Sonic. I wish I would get to the comics already, but video games get in the way, heh.
Well, it kind of helps that we talk about a lot of other stuff too and tend to go off-topic sometimes (though PokeGAF does that too).

You know, now that you mention it, they do remind me a lot of PSO designs. o_o

One of the Bee Gees then goes on a tangent, apparently about BDSM, with a very strange safe word.
KuGsj.gif

That's just wonderful.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
That's it. We need to settle the politics of SonicGAF somehow.

qq more said:
You know what's great about horrible video games? That they teach you what NOT to do when designing your own games.
Yup. I don't make my own games, but man, all of the kusoge I've played have made me appreciate the little things in game design that I end up savouring a lot. If you look at them with a critical eye, outside of bad mechanics and bad programming, you realize that they end up skipping out on some of the little things that can be just as satisfying (even as something as little as colour coordination, animations, etc.).

Oh, on a semi-related note, that Lightning Returns thread in Gaming is one of the worst threads I've ever read. The worst.

I'm the Secretary of State. I've made the most successful effort yet to stretch SonicGAF out into Gaming side. :p

Oh, on a semi-related note, that Lightning Returns thread in Gaming is one of the worst threads I've ever read. The worst.

How come? I only went in there for the trailer link. Game looks eh. The idea of an FF game with only one party member is interesting, but the trailer didn't excite me at all. It's for the die-hard fans at this point, it seems, and they lost me 5 hours into FF13, so no thanks.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
How come? I only went in there for the trailer link. Game looks eh. The idea of an FF game with only one party member is interesting, but the trailer didn't excite me at all. It's for the die-hard fans at this point, it seems, and they lost me 5 hours into FF13, so no thanks.
You can't judge a game based on a trailer. Unless that judgement is positive, of course.
That's why. Some of the people in that thread are being absolutely... well... I'm disappointed with what they're saying because I expected better from some of them. At least, more level-headed and fair logic.

More like best, shit's hilarious.
Some of the posts in there certainly made my eyes widen.

I'd said my piece with that post about marketing and first impressions. I had enough.

TheOGB

Banned
SonicGAF politics? I get to be Bill Clinton and Barack Obama.

Future Barack Obama.

Super Sonic is a privelege not a right!

:(

Speaking of transformations, why hasn't there been a return of Hyper Sonic, Hyper Knuckles, whatever the hells Tails thing was?

I mean...did they forget that hedgehogs are NOT the only ones who can transform?
I just had a dream the next game was "Super Sonic Adventure", and the premise was that somehow everybody got a full set of Chaos Emeralds and could turn super, but everybody having that power made a super-powered mess.

...I liked the boxart.

I just had a dream the next game was "Super Sonic Adventure", and the premise was that somehow everybody got a full set of Chaos Emeralds and could turn super, but everybody having that power made a super-powered mess.

...I liked the boxart.

Well EVERYBODY shouldn't go super.

What would Super Rouge even look like?

I don't even want to know.

TheOGB

Banned
She wasn't playable, thankfully. It was "Team Sonic" (sometimes together, sometimes not), Shadow, and Amy/Cream in some kind of Sonic 2/S4E2 playstyle. Anybody else was just in cutscenes. It was interesting though, seeing how the power went to everybody's head, and the different stories had that main character being the most sane Super Trooper. Sonic and Knuckles' fight against Super Chaotix was pretty funny.

...That was an elaborate dream >.>

You already know, the deep recesses of your mind conjured up something that you're deeply ashamed of.
As did mine

O-Of course I didn't. That's crazy. YOU'RE crazy.

I said the UI and animations weren't good and was met with defense. :(

Blinded By Light was the perfect title for the signature song of the series.

That's all I have to say about that.

Yeah, I bailed out on the thread as soon as it became clear that any sort of criticism was going to be met with defense force resistance, no matter how valid it might be. >_>

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Hey, the Shadow the Hedgehog OST is on iTunes now. But it's only 30 tracks for some reason...

Er, if anyone's interested. I dunno how you guys feel about the Shadow OST.

Eh, you just gotta play ball a bit harder. You know they're crazy, we know they're crazy. Tell 'em where to stick their fanaticism.
You know I'm too nice to do that (at the moment). The more I look at shots of that game's town, the more I'm reminded of Soleanna. The colour scheme, I mean. Not the textu--...some of the textures and lighting are really bad, you guys.

Yeah, I bailed out on the thread as soon as it became clear that any sort of criticism was going to be met with defense force resistance, no matter how valid it might be. >_>
If there's anything I hate the most about FF threads, it's that.

I was thinking Soleanna less than I was thinking it looked like a lobby from an MMO, or something. Like, abandoned environments from the original FFXIV. Or FFXI.

I was thinking Soleanna less than I was thinking it looked like a lobby from an MMO, or something. Like, abandoned environments from the original FFXIV. Or FFXI.

I would be kinda okay with it if it wasn't for the red objects indicating you can interact with them like in Mirror's Edge.

I mean come on, the EXACT same color?

Even Uncharted does the same thing but not just red.

ShadiWulf

Sonic Jump is finally out on Android, bought it today, game is great fun, but.. the text is scaling wrong.. and is Microscopic on my phone :( lol

looking at the google play store, there is other people with the same problem across a range of devices.

Sucks, cause the game is a lot of fun otherwise, but if you don't know what it's saying... kinda hard to play it

I would be kinda okay with it if it wasn't for the red objects indicating you can interact with them like in Mirror's Edge.

The irony being another "Square Enix" game, Sleeping Dogs, does the whole leading-the-player-via-strong-colours thing really well.

I think I prefer the idea of robbing the red than the Uncharted and friends idea of "lets coat this ledge in flashing lights!" which will always look out of place and might as well be admitting you couldn't design a clear and evident pathway.
I saw my friend playing some of Enslaved once and it was a bloody light show.

The irony being another "Square Enix" game, Sleeping Dogs, does the whole leading-the-player-via-strong-colours thing really well.
It must have done something right, after all I didn't even pick up on this until you just mentioned it.

Pietepiet

oh look i beat the final boss, cant wait to play as super sonic and be done with this game!

just got a message that tiny chao garden unlocked!

wait, no message about super sonic? ill just check the world map

wait... where is the extra boss?

what do you mean i have to actually get 28 emeralds to unlock super sonic?

why do you torture me so, dimps?

You need to get the Emeralds with Sonic and then just beat the game with everyone else, Emeralds not required.

I beat the Super Sonic boss earlier. Just Amy's Emeralds to go!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
We need to celebrate how well Pietepiet & co.'s Old Spice game turned out. I loved it; so many great ideas and it looked fantastic. :D

The cake can be our political mascot.
Perfect. Done and done. So it shall be written, so it shall be done.

Shadow's OST is kind of a mixed bag, but I think it has the best vocal soundtrack next to Black Knight.
I agree, actually. Or at least, the vocal themes are guilty pleasures of mine. I genuinely like I Am... All of Me, mostly because I like the instrumentation and the swipes on the fretboard for the lead guitar, or the composition for the climb. Stuff like that. All Hail Shadow and Never Turn Back are really good too. Lots of them are pretty good.

I'm guessing they want to release the Vocal Trax albums separately.

qq more

You need to get the Emeralds with Sonic and then just beat the game with everyone else, Emeralds not required.
oh...

Well, I think I'm gonna reenable the cheat code just so the good stuff (special stages themselves) gets sandwiched in between the bad stuff (every level after Music Plant).

We need to celebrate how well Pietepiet & co.'s Old Spice game turned out. I loved it; so many great ideas and it looked fantastic. :D

For friendship! :D

Seriously though, fantastic game. Two of my favorite games this year have been flash games, weirdly enough. (The other being Frog Fractions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom