• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Yeah, MIB3 was surprisingly good after the second one which wasn't so hot. And the time definitely seemed ripe for a new Will Smith credits theme. Unfortunate.

I really liked Expendables 2 despite Jet Li barely doing anything in it. The fanservice got me.

Schala, QOTSA are recording a new album right now.

Dave Grohl's on drums.
Yeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssss. He did some good work on Songs for the Deaf.

Kokonoe

Banned
I still need to watch Men in Black 3, I haven't watched any move this year, but I'm not really a movie person. I suppose I'm too focused on games, games, and games.

Anth0ny

Between Dark Knight Rises, Avengers and Skyfall, this has been one of the best years for movies I could remember.

Wreck it Ralph, Hobbit and Spiderman were pretty good too.

Slygmous

I haven't seen anything in the cinema since the last Harry Potter, and that was organised by the girls at work. It is too expensive, and now I have to dodge Avengers/Batman/Hobbit/Bond/everything spoilers all the time on the internet.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
The Hobbit had too many people and I had a feeling that I'd doze off.

I'm not much of a movie person either, but I guess I saw more than I had intended to this year, just because I had to help look after my little bro.

Sega1991 said:
I haven't seen a movie in the movie theater since the original Sam Raimi Spider-man.

Shit's too expensive and the nearest theater is in the next town.
My boyfriend was kind of like you--he didn't watch movies in the theatre after a while until we started dating. The last movie he saw before we dated was... Two Towers (first movie we saw together was... oh man, I don't even remember; it was back in 2006, though (good reasons for a 3-yr delay of asking me out to a movie, but that's kinda personal)). Plus he didn't have a way of getting around easily either. Too expensive for just one person, even back then.

I feel like the first half of Wreck-It Ralph might be tailored to game players, so you should make a point to watch it at least once.

It cost $25 for us to see one movie this weekend (so in total, we spent over $50 on the movies, and this doesn't even include the other stuff we did, the cost of the hotel room, the price to dine out, etc--vacations are expensive as hell). And we just decided to get a drink to share because food is damned expensive.

Pietepiet

Hunger Games (that was this year, right...?)

Oh right! Forgot about that. It was pretty good. Never read the book though. In fact, the first time I even heard about the Hunger Games was when Adam asked me to work on the iOS game. I had no idea it even existed before then.

I saw the first Matrix several years ago, like, either just before or somewhere during my college years. Really late into the game. It held up pretty well, considering.

Oddly enough, the thing I remember the most about it is eating Chipotlé at the same time I watched it. So now, I forever associate The Matrix with tacos. Weird. Man, now I want tacos.

I came in around Morpheus's initial infodump; got the DVD later to see the parts leading up to it. Didn't miss much, evidently.

I've never seen Die Hard :I
8JbIl.gif

You know what must be done!

WATCH DIE HARD.

Die Hard is probably my favorite action movie of all time.

Too bad all the sequels are mediocre.

I'd go a step insanely further, I think it's probably my favourite film of all time regardless of genre.
I'd also say that Die Hard with a Vengeance is above mediocre.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
The new Robocop with the crappy new suit and tasers instead of guns? Or awesome cheesy as hell Robocop?

I wanna see Demolition Man again.

They filmed part of the Total Recall remake at the uni I went to undergrad for, and we got yelled at for taking pics of the set. Same went for a few of the Resident Evil films.

Quackula

I'd also say that Die Hard with a Vengeance is above mediocre.

I like that one, but I figure it's safe to just say they're all pretty meh compared to the first.

Plus it seems like nobody I talk to can agree on which Die Hard sequels were good and which ones weren't.

Demolition Man is one of the best damn movies ever. So glad I have the DVD. Sandra Bullock is cute as a button in that movie, and of course Snipes is godlike as the villain.

Teddy bear...

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I liked the first one too. 2 is so much worse. :(

I'll put this in terms we can all understand- if Expendables is Sonic 3&Knuckles, EX2 is Knuckles Chaotix.
But the stuff at the airport was cool. :(

Professor Beef said:
Demolition Man is one of the best damn movies ever. So glad I have the DVD. Sandra Bullock is cute as a button in that movie, and of course Snipes is godlike as the villain.
This.

That probably was the best bit. To be honest, I hated it from the moment Arnie made a Terminator reference. Then Jet Li fucks off, and it's all downhill from there.

Kokonoe

Banned
Wait, people actually like Demolition Man besides me? I like that movie a lot myself.

You can take this job, and you can shovel it.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Damn, that's disappointing. I loved the first movie.
You should rent it and judge it for yourself! Maybe Green Scar is wrong. :p

I don't like a lot of the CG in that movie, but movie CG isn't very appealing to me for some reason.

Wait, people actually like Demolition Man besides me? I like that movie a lot myself.
Wait a minute.

There exist people who dislike Demolition Man?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom