• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sciz

so wants the consensus on sonic adventure 2 on pc?? is it a good port?

Sega's PC ports are fine. Not a lot of options, but they're technically competent.

edit: I refuse to believe anyone speaking against Animaniacs is being serious.

I can kind of understand someone not liking Animaniacs, or at least certain parts of it. (I never really appreciated the Goodfeathers bits until I was a teenager, for example)

But not liking Tiny Toons? Pretty sure that's a crime somewhere.

qq more

I had an Animaniacs game for PC and it included a game where Wakko has to defeat robots by burping at them.

And then I also had that Genesis game... I still own that one!

BlackJace

Merry Christmas err' body. I bought my nephew Sonic Generations, or "Sonic Adventure 3" as he calls it (no idea why). Hope he likes it.

Kokonoe

Banned
Merry Christmas err' body. I bought my nephew Sonic Generations, or "Sonic Adventure 3" as he calls it (no idea why). Hope he likes it.

Merry Christmas! I...got 40$ but paypal had some issue with my old bank that I forgot to remove from a odd dispute that occurred a few weeks ago when I got hacked and got overdrawn 1000$ and went through the hassle to get it back. So, I was using my paypal account fine and dandy in the morning but then some bank charge of over 200$ happened and I didn't know this when I transferred my 40$ to it and so, there goes my Christmas gift. Ah well!

I'm sure he will, Generations is a good game! short, but a good game. Just help him out with Time Eater when he gets to that point.

Anth0ny

I thought about making another birthday thread (or even just bumping my old one), but decided against it. Merry Beefmas, east coasters.

9gshvz0k2a.jpg

Merry Beefmas everyone!

BlackJace

Merry Christmas! I...got 40$ but paypal had some issue with my old bank that I forgot to remove from a odd dispute that occurred a few weeks ago when I got hacked and got overdrawn 1000$ and went through the hassle to get it back. So, I was using my paypal account fine and dandy in the morning but then some bank charge of over 200$ happened and I didn't know this when I transferred my 40$ to it and so, there goes my Christmas gift. Ah well!

I'm sure he will, Generations is a good game! short, but a good game. Just help him out with Time Eater when he gets to that point.

Gah, sorry to hear about that situation, hope the rest of the day goes swell for you. And yeah, I though generations was great, albeit some iffy design decisions.

Quackula

ouuuuuuch

My old bank didn't give me any problems when I had a big charge show up out of nowhere, but I've made a few hiccups myself that have accidentally landed me hundreds in the hole before. I know the feeling.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Happy Beefmas, everyone! (Merry Christmas, everyone! Happy birthday, Beef. :D) Eat, drink, and make merry, etc. Boyfriend and I exchanged gifts the other day but my family's opening presents tomorrow when my little bro wakes up. Christmas is more about putting a smile on his face than anything else to me now (well, outside of spending time with the other half).

Baked a whole buncha stuff with my mom and I don't even know if I'm gonna eat any of it. :(

Also, SEGA has taken the opportunity to bust out the Sonic 4 model for Lord knows why.

Oh no! That sucks; terrible Christmas present from the bank. I hope that gets resolved ASAP. Should talk to your old bank about that and if paypal has support, email them too.

Kokonoe

Banned
Gah, sorry to hear about that situation, hope the rest of the day goes swell for you. And yeah, I though generations was great, albeit some iffy design decisions.

ouuuuuuch

My old bank didn't give me any problems when I had a big charge show up out of nowhere, but I've made a few hiccups myself that have accidentally landed me hundreds in the hole before. I know the feeling.

Oh no! That sucks; terrible Christmas present from the bank. I hope that gets resolved ASAP. Should talk to your old bank about that and if paypal has support, email them too.

Thanks everyone, and there actually isn't anything I can do about this sadly. Luckily I have new paypal account, but the money I lost cannot be obtained due to all the circumstances around it. (long story) It's quite a bummer and I was hoping to get more ram for my computer with that 40$, but wasn't meant to be it seems. Anyways..

Merry Christmas!

Happy Beefmas, everyone! (Merry Christmas, everyone! Happy birthday, Beef. :D) Eat, drink, and make merry, etc. Boyfriend and I exchanged gifts the other day but my family's opening presents tomorrow when my little bro wakes up. Christmas is more about putting a smile on his face than anything else to me now (well, outside of spending time with the other half).

Baked a whole buncha stuff with my mom and I don't even know if I'm gonna eat any of it. :(

Also, SEGA has taken the opportunity to bust out the Sonic 4 model for Lord knows why.

Well, that's nice. Seeing a smile and other people's reactions on Christmas does help me get into the mood of it I admit. (that and christmas lights)

It seems Sonic wants YOU for the Christmas army.

Quackula

Anyone else remember these? They were on the Sonic Adventure Dreamcast disc. If you put it in your PC, there'd be an extras folder full of these and other wallpapers for old ass computers.

(quoted for size).

Kokonoe

Banned
Anyone else remember these? They were on the Sonic Adventure Dreamcast disc. If you put it in your PC, there'd be an extras folder full of these and other wallpapers for old ass computers.

(quoted for size).

I first saw these images in a Gameinformer (or some magazine) back in the very early 2000s, but when I finally got Sonic Adventure for DC I did find these out which were cool. PSO also had wallpapers on the disc, but they didn't have Christmas ones, though. But yeah, 2D art > Sonic 4 bizzaro renders by a long shot.

Merry Christmas, everyone! And Happy Birthday, Beef!

I think I still have my DC SA1 save with the Christmas DLC on it, come to think of it.

Oh god, kill the Sonic 4 and Heroes renders with fire.

Is there a website or a forum thread somewhere that details the differences between the various Sonic models? Heroes is obviously a very different styled Sonic, but the others I can never spot the differences well enough to know why some people prefer one over the other.

Lijik

NOPE

RRRRRRROBOTNIKMAS!

The only reason "Robotnikmas" vs. "Eggmanmas" is even a thing is because "Eggmanmas" happened at a point where the holiday started to flush itself down the toilet, therefore people subconsciously associate the name with years of the holiday they do not like.

"Robotnikmas" to most english speaking territories represents the golden years of the holiday, which were still good.

But for serious, there's nothing wrong with "Eggmanmas". It is no more or less silly than "Robotnikmas" if you really stop and think about it, and I am legitimately surprised that people whined about it so much.

People need to let it go.

Lijik

This can only be decided by which leads to the better Sonic insult

Robuttnik > Egghead
Robotnik wins, its a christmas miracle.

I mean, it really is the better name if you really just stop and think about it.

This can only be decided by which leads to the better Sonic insult

Robuttnik > Egghead
Robotnik wins, its a christmas miracle.

I mean, it really is the better name if you really just stop and think about it.

What about Baldy McNoseHair

why Mad World writers, why

qq more

That thread is more incorrect than the Animaniacs sucks thread in OT right now.

What seems to be everyone's boggle tonight?

There's people hating on fedoras now

granted it's a few months old thread but still

oh and can't forget the "THEY SHOULD FIRE MIYAMOTO/REGGIE/IWATA" threads (except an Iwata hate thread hasn't been made... yet)

Quackula

First time I saw the name "Eggman" was on a sprite sheet.

My reaction was pretty much "Who is this Eggman dude and why does he look exactly like Dr. Robotnik?"

...I didn't play either of the Sonic Adventures until after the Gamecube came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom