• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nert

post your backlogs (if you have one)

http://backloggery.com/Kokonoe

I still have a lot to add to mine, but i'll get to that whenever.

I would, but I would be too ashamed to. The combination of Steam sales, Humble Bundles, and a lack of self-control has really skewed my unplayed to played ratio.

*adds Botanicula to GotY short list*

Yup. Too many VNs/point and clicks in here, though. Hm.

Hooray!

And eh, if those are the types of games that worked for you this year, there's nothing wrong with that. My list is going to have (in some order) Botanicula, The Walking Dead, Lone Survivor, and Spec Ops: The Line (purely for its storytelling strengths). My 2011 list, on the other hand, is way more "gamey" in comparison. This was just a great year for atmosphere and storytelling and a middling year for high profile games.

Quackula

I can link to my collection, is that okay?

Gave up on keeping up with a Backlog a long time ago. I just play whatever I feel like and hope I get to everything eventually.

Safe to say I haven't beaten most of the stuff I own though.

TheOGB

Banned
Don't really keep up with my backlog "formally", but off the top of my head I know I gotta start and/or finish Pushmo (in my "current games rotation"), Crashmo, Psychonauts, Rhythm Heaven Fever, Majora's Mask, Asura's Wrath, Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (2, 3, and PW), Ms. Splosion Man, The GunStringer, and I actually just finished Modern Warfare 3 just last week. ;P

...Goddammit, fucking Portal 2 is in my backlog :|

:c

Pietepiet

I don't force myself to play backlogged games, because it'll become like work instead of just relaxing with whatever I feel like playing. I don't have a whole bunch of time, so whenever I do I'd rather play stuff I want to.

Kokonoe

Banned
I don't force myself to play the games on the backlog list, I just merely use it as a list to keep track of what I do or so that I don't forget.

Since you asked nicely. I never really bother with the Now Playing and don't have my Atari 2600 stuff or a stack of random Mega Drive games on there but it's mostly pretty up to date.

It's time to work on Pokemon Silver. Also, that is a lot of games.

You have been added to my premium multi-tap, officially Sega licensed!

I haven't updated mine in a bit...I've played and beaten several games already. Just beat Super Metroid...was playing Lost Levels but 3-4 hours and I'm still stuck on 8-3...and I literally sat an entire night and played through that game...curse it to hell. Time to get back to Wind Wakah!

tiggerkiddo

Lost levels is straight up brutal madness, I don't blame you. Oh, interesting, I guess I'll return the favor.

Wind Waker is a great game, so you definitely should.

It's time to work on Pokemon Silver. Also, that is a lot of games.

Silver's actually a pretty recent acquisition, I only got it last month. Will probably give it a go, assuming the battery still holds up, if I want to scratch the Poké-itch before X/Y. Very familiar with Gen 2 as it is, my copy of Gold is from around launch, got it for my 13th birthday the year it came out and have played through it a number of times.

It is a lot, but it's a bit inflated really; I use the compilations feature of Backloggery so, for example, Sega Mega Drive Collection shows up as nearly thirty games under the total count because I have all the games included listed under it even though it's only one title as far as the PS2 is concerned. There's also a number of games amongst older systems that I wouldn't have bought individually but wound up getting amongst system bundles on the cheap at garage sales (see: the golf and tennis games for Master System; I also have a number of sports games for Mega Drive because of this that I haven't gotten around to listing because I was going to sell them off or give them away when I was first compiling it but the list but ultimately never bothered).

Quackula

Don't throw them out.

Maybe toss everything into a box and offer to sell it for the cost of shipping. Someone shooting for a complete set might want those to fill a few holes or replace messed up cart backs, someone who makes repros might want them for donors, etc.

There also are actual retro sports games fans too. People who swear by NHL '94, etc.

OMG Aero

How did the people who designed this:

xNpDS.png

...end up designing a far more competent final boss in Generations 3DS than the console version?
It's almost as if Dimps aren't entirely bad!
post your backlogs (if you have one)

http://backloggery.com/Kokonoe

I still have a lot to add to mine, but i'll get to that whenever.
http://backloggery.com/Aero

OMG Aero

It's a dumb thing to be embarrassed about.
It's just a list of what games you have, no-one cares what games you have or haven't played. No-one has enough time on this planet to play or beat all the games they want to.

Emitan

It's just a list of what games you have, no-one cares what games you have or haven't played. No-one has enough time on this planet to play or beat all the games they want to.

You could be embarrassed if you're always talking about how poor your are on GAF and have a massive backlog showing that you are poor at handling money.

>_>

<_<

Not that I know anyone like that...

qq more

HA HA YOU GUYS PLAY POKEMON?! WHAT ARE YOU... A BABY?! HA HA!!!!!!!!!

HA HA YOU GUYS PLAY POKEMON?! WHAT ARE YOU... A BABY?! HA HA!!!!!!!!!

They can't be the Baby because they're after the Babies, get it right qq!
That's why people really play pokemon, the unpopular opinions thread taught me this long ago.

Green Scar just lost his rep with me, for shame!

qq more

oh noes my TEH HARDC0R3Z rep is at stake for not beating the Sly and Jak Triologies yet :((((

HA HA! YOU NEVER BEAT THOSE GAMES?! HA HA HA!!!!!

WAIT

I NEVER PLAYED THOSE GAMES

WHAT

FUCK

They can't be the Baby because they're after the Babies, get it right qq!
That's why people really play pokemon, the unpopular opinions thread taught me this long ago.

Green Scar just lost his rep with me, for shame!

That thread was bumped recently and we had another idiot saying shit about people enjoying Pokemon games.

I should probably pull a Mama Robotnik and make a compilation of those posts like he did with the Bayonetta 2 drama.

Maybe I'll mess with writing out my backlog at some point, but not particularly interested right now.

Bringing Tails up to being a "normal" difficulty and Sonic up to a "moderate" difficulty wouldn't be so bad.
Knuckles would keep his "Hard Mode" designation from Sonic 3&K, then, because unlike Sonic, he don't chuckle; he'd rather flex his muscles.

(Seriously, it's not so bad nowadays, but that first run through S3&K as Knuckles was haaaaard.)

That thread was bumped recently and we had another idiot saying shit about people enjoying Pokemon games.

I should probably pull a Mama Robotnik and make a compilation of those posts like he did with the Bayonetta 2 drama.

It's funny because when the thread was bumped I was like "oh it's that thread again where you can troll with no repercussions, might as well see why it returned"
And then there was the whole Pokephiles thing again, I was straight back out the door like Abe Simpson.
There's negative opinions on a game, then there's accusing a whole group of people who like a series of wanting to commit unforgivable actions based upon a flimsy and warped view of things, but anything goes in that Wild West of a thread I have to assume.

It's funny because when the thread was bumped I was like "oh it's that thread again where you can troll with no repercussions, might as well see why it returned"
And then there was the whole Pokephiles thing again, I was straight back out the door like Abe Simpson.
There's negative opinions on a game, then there's accusing a whole group of people who like a series of wanting to commit unforgivable actions based upon a flimsy and warped view of things, but anything goes in that Wild West of a thread I have to assume.
Reminds me of the sorts of things that come up whenever somebody makes a Brony topic in OT.

I can only imagine that they thing us Sonic fans do similar, but are too polite in Gaming to come out and say it.

qq more

ugh MLP

dont care that people like it

but do care when people are loud about it and posts annoying GIFs and whatnot all over the internet

take no offense shadowhog because you're definitely not one of those kind of people!

ugh MLP

dont care that people like it

but do care when people are loud about it and posts annoying GIFs and whatnot all over the internet

take no offense shadowhog because you're definitely not one of those kind of people!
None taken, mostly because I kinda lost a lot of my enthusiasm about halfway into Season 2 (I've got my reasons, but admittedly they're kinda stupid reasons). Then I began to notice how the thing is friggin' everywhere, so even if I were trying to avoid it, I can't. (Seriously, I can Google lines from Monty Python and get pony. What?)

Still a great show, enjoy watching it, but I'm not so into it that I'd spam GIFs of it everywhere. Actually, I'm not really the sort to spam GIFs of anything...

Actually, it's kinda funny; on NeoGAF, you get virtually no GIF spam at all from PonyGAF (mostly because Y2Kev threatened to ban anyone who did back in '11, although I think that's mellowed down since), and yet the instant the subject comes up people are like "OH MY GOD PEOPLE ARE SPAMMING PONY GIFS EVERYWHERE I HATE YOU BRONIES". I can only assume they mean elsewhere...

qq more

Then I began to notice how the thing is friggin' everywhere, so even if I were trying to avoid it, I can't. (Seriously, I can Google lines from Monty Python and get pony. What?)

THIS

I hate it. I google image searched professor layton GIFs and suddenly a lot of the results were ponies.

Also I can't stand the art style of the show so yeah, I was easily irritated seeing them. :lol

spam darkseed gifs

Why not a Psycho Killer/Darkseed crossover GIF?

Run2.gif

Reminds me of the sorts of things that come up whenever somebody makes a Brony topic in OT.

I can only imagine that they thing us Sonic fans do similar, but are too polite in Gaming to come out and say it.

At this point i'm pretty sure those threads are straight up venting threads, it's funny when you consider that PonyGAF are in fact pretty damn tame and don't seem to do any of the stuff people often complain about, those monsters, look at them minding their own business, watching that show, posting art and not spamming gifs elsewhere, it sickens me!
In a way it's like it is EVERYWHERE but here on GAF where it's simply left to its own little niche and when it is in fact here front and centre it's the haterbase who willingly brought it in to complain about it.
*shrugs*

I imagine the Sonic community here is considered quite a bit different to what it actually is by a select few, you say that they're perhaps too polite but sometimes you can see it bubbling under the surface in a Sonic thread, though it's tricky to tell who is tarring everyone with the same brush and who's just pointing towards the zanier side of things.

FINALLY found a decent program that'll let me put cover art onto mp3s; giant pet peeve of mine is having one soundtrack have them and the next one not. Fixing up the SA2 soudntrack, then doing the Ys soundtracks I have.

EDIT: ...Mario, what're you going here?

Noi

You silly people embarrassed about your backlogs. Unless you have more than 1000 unfinished, I know people that are probably "worse" off that ya''ll are. :V

My backlog is in my head, games that I can't be arsed with are no longer considered as backlogged and are written off, there's too many games out there to bother forcing myself through something i'm not really enjoying.
Though there's a chance some of them might bounce back.

qq more

I think my biggest backlog are on console/PC

My handheld backlog is small because I always play my DS/3DS/PSP/Whatever nearly every day :lol

I last used Steam to a) redeem a Dota2 code I'll never use, and.b) message Chinner "BIG BOOOOOOOOO" whilst he was playing Binary Domain.

Also I'm playing Sly 2 now, you fuckers happy?!

This is ooooooooooooooold, but:

(I had to dig deep into the Sonic Generations thread for that...) I hope that helps. I haven't done it in a long time but someone could probably pitch in with a few tips too. OH! If you have trouble seeing rings, shift into Classic Sonic's perspective if you need to see them easier.

Thanks a lot, just got the Can't touch this achievement.

All in all, I loved the game. So much. Except for the end, I thought that Rooftop Run (classic) and Planet Wisp (classic and modern) were pretty weak levels (kinda long/boring/not the same feeling as usual). And the final boss... God that sucks to enjoy the game so much and reach this anti-climax of a boss. It starts pretty weel with both Super Sonics, I was so hyped. But then, gameplay, visual, music, nothing to keep, really. I changed the music to Live and Learn to get motivated enough to get the achievement.

Should be noted that my last Sonic games were the DC and GBA ones. I have never played the "new era" (Unleashed 2006 Colors whatever).

qq more

Thanks a lot, just got the Can't touch this achievement.

All in all, I loved the game. So much. Except for the end, I thought that Rooftop Run (classic) and Planet Wisp (classic and modern) were pretty weak levels (kinda long/boring/not the same feeling as usual). And the final boss... God that sucks to enjoy the game so much and reach this anti-climax of a boss. It starts pretty weel with both Super Sonics, I was so hyped. But then, gameplay, visual, music, nothing to keep, really. I changed the music to Live and Learn to get motivated enough to get the achievement.

Should be noted that my last Sonic games were the DC and GBA ones. I have never played the "new era" (Unleashed 2006 Colors whatever).

The only game you're missing out on is Colors.

Unleashed was almost good but werehog shitttt

AND WE ALL KNOW HOW SONIC 06 IS :X

qq more

Wait, the game is implying Normal Mode is for those who already beat the game?

That doesn't make sense because Normal Mode is exactly what the original game was.

Also I'm playing Sly 2 now, you fuckers happy?!

You know when I said you'd lost rep for your misdeeds the with Jak and Sly collections? I lied, i've never even played Sly 2 and the rest of the Jak games after the first can go and wallow somewhere far away from me, well 2 certainly can, not sure about 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom