• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first Sly Cooper is the best, I couldn't bother with the rest...well I did but I got bored of them. I just have no interest in playing as Sly's crummy partners. The name of the game is Sly and that's who I want to use.

Sly 2 is the best one. Sly 1 was way too simplistic and its lack of variety between gameplay styles kinda bored me; thankfully the game was short and the story and characters were great. Sly 2 had a better story and its inclusion of a larger hub world with a focus on exploration and doing jobs ala Ocean's Eleven moreso on linearity and just collelcting generic keys to unlock doors, plus making Bentley and Murray playable added the right amount of variety, while still having the core focus be on Sly and his abilites, making it more fun. Sly 3 added way too many different gameplay stiles that didn't mesh well with the original trio (scuba-diving, fireworks, the entire pirate level), and even though I thought it had the best writing of the three, had the weakest plot. Thankfully, Thieves in Time seems to take the best elements of all of the originally trilogy.

The first Sly Cooper is the best, I couldn't bother with the rest...well I did but I got bored of them. I just have no interest in playing as Sly's crummy partners. The name of the game is Sly and that's who I want to use.

But after the first game they put "Thieves" into the subtitles. *shrugs*

Noi

Sly 2 was also incredibly boring and greatly overstayed it's welcome by the end. You could cut out the entire last 1/4 of the game and could have made it much better paced.

I hated how the hub words got increasingly more annoying to traverse and were pretty much were most of the game took place. Sly 1's hubs were just a means to go to the stages themselves and Sly 3 had a better mix between stages that took place in the hub world and actual separate levels.

Oh god it has the follow missions from inFamous ;_;

I like it so far. Looks pretty fucking great in HD. The shift in structure and level design was way bigger than I imagined, I was expecting just more of the same.

I hated how the hub words got increasingly more annoying to traverse and were pretty much were most of the game took place. Sly 1's hubs were just a means to go to the stages themselves and Sly 3 had a better mix between stages that took place in the hub world and actual separate levels.

Not really a problem if you kept getting upgrades from TheifNet. You cold easily get through one place to the next using the Paraglider and Stealth Slide.

I hated the hub world

and I hated playing the other characters

and I hated how nobody could just shut the FUCK up for 30 seconds while they constantly tell me what to do

and I hated that game. Fuck that franchise.

All I have left in SA1 is Sonic's emblems and the Chao Garden. I found a save file exploit that I can use for the Chao Garden, so I just have to finish Sonic's stuff and then I can get to work on cheating for those Chao emblems.

All I have left in SA1 is Sonic's emblems and the Chao Garden. I found a save file exploit that I can use for the Chao Garden, so I just have to finish Sonic's stuff and then I can get to work on cheating for those Chao emblems.

Beef, you've come this far, don't resort to save file exploits now!

Beef, you've come this far, don't resort to save file exploits now!

My options are:

1) play SA1 for weeks, building up thousands of rings to buy Chao Fruit with. Feed the Chao, play the stages all over again and gain more rings, etc.
2) play SA1 for an afternoon and build up 1000+ rings, buy some Chao Fruit, then abuse the save file exploit.

The less time spent raising Chao, the better.

DeVeAn

Can anyone share some online shipping comic shops? I had a nasty experience with mycomicshop.com So I am ending my business with them. Since 2003 too.

Anyway, its very hard to find comics in decent shape so any awesome online store you guys can recommend would be great!

obviously you haven't played skyward sword

jeeeeeeeesus

that water dungeon was more fun than any of the shit in Sly 2

But I never beat Skyward Sword because goooooooooooddamn is so much of it boring. Boring overworld, boring story, boring characters, inconsistent controls, boring text crawls, FUCK man

I'm gonna go play mega man x

My options are:

1) play SA1 for weeks, building up thousands of rings to buy Chao Fruit with. Feed the Chao, play the stages all over again and gain more rings, etc.
2) play SA1 for an afternoon and build up 1000+ rings, buy some Chao Fruit, then abuse the save file exploit.

I only see one option.
grind dem rangs

Quackula

I never experienced this level of extreeeeeeeeeeeeeeme hand holding that everyone else seems to have experienced in Skyward Sword.

Also it was better than Twilight Princess.

Yup.

Always wanted to try to get into the Zelda franchise (only one I've really played is Minish Cap) but lost interest after hearing about the alternate timeline/reincarnation crap.

OMG Aero

My options are:

3) Do something better with your life

Always wanted to try to get into the Zelda franchise (only one I've really played is Minish Cap) but lost interest after hearing about the alternate timeline/reincarnation crap.
Don't play the games for their connections to one another. Just... don't. (Except the Oracles, which kinda need each other. Other than that, no.)

Go play Link's Awakening (DX, personally, but some swear by the original B&W). It's well worth it.

Playing Link's Awakening first, then go with A Link to the Past. As far as 2D entries, those are the top and I think they're some of the best Zelda games ever. Wind Waker is a must for a 3D entry!

Not enough people have played them but the Oracles games are good but I thought Oracle of Ages was far and away better than Seasons...even if the puzzles were a bit easy to figure out.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I don't want to fill out one of those backlog things because I don't remember a lot of the games I've played, and I'm kind of embarrassed to list all of the games I've played.

Also my backlog/"To play pile" is on my desk.

Hooray!

And eh, if those are the types of games that worked for you this year, there's nothing wrong with that. My list is going to have (in some order) Botanicula, The Walking Dead, Lone Survivor, and Spec Ops: The Line (purely for its storytelling strengths). My 2011 list, on the other hand, is way more "gamey" in comparison. This was just a great year for atmosphere and storytelling and a middling year for high profile games.
I typed up part of my list last night and I think the most shocking part of it all is that the stuff that people would expect on my top 10 portion are shoved right into my honourable mentions (of which there are a lot). I only have 2 RPGs in my top 10 at the moment. One ARPG and one TRPG. Everything else is either a visual novel, a rhythm game, an experience, a browser game, and a few point and clicks.

This year was just plain weird.

I think the best thing to do is to take it as a bunch of games I liked this year as opposed to a top 10.

Can anyone share some online shipping comic shops? I had a nasty experience with mycomicshop.com So I am ending my business with them. Since 2003 too.

Anyway, its very hard to find comics in decent shape so any awesome online store you guys can recommend would be great!
Are you solely interested in the Archie Comics stuff? You could order directly from them if that's the case.

I know some people who've used Comics Infinity in the past. Graham Crackers Comics gives you a free bag and board with every comic you buy, which you'd obviously want for storage. Some other people use DCBS but I don't know how reliable they are.

I usually walk into the store and buy them, so maybe I'm not the best person to ask. Best place to ask around in is the Comics thread in OT if you don't think the above options are that great. You have a better spread of people to ask there too.

Don't link any of the games to each other. Think of them as FF where each game is different with some traditions that the series has, but you're just playing a different version of the legend.

Shining Forks

A new dating sim entry into the Shining series, for the PSP, will not get translated, but will result in all English-language Shining Force videos getting pulled off of YouTube so that Japanese folk don't have to put up with it.

Mr Swine

Banned
http://youtu.be/5jw-lQDGuJs?t=18m15s

Silly Robotnik, you could have jumped over that small gap Sonic made on the fallen tree :p

Kinda odd to see Robotnik with scratch and grounder go faster than sonic and then the next schene they are driving slow lol. Too bad Robotnik doesn't pay attention to the road...

Not even the 2ch guys are taking that guy seriously.

There's a thread on 2ch saying it's Valkyria Chronicles 4, but lol.
Don't even dangle the false hope before my eyes, the moment I begin to even believe that it might be true is the moment I lose.

Fortunately that's not Sonic, Aliens, Football Manager or Total War so rumour absolutely debunked.

the PSP's next big hit

nFr8Y.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom