• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
They aren't related though? Although I think medibot cameoed in one of their videos.
I let anyone post good LPs in there and that also includes the retsupurae stuff since the audiences are related anyway.

I should really just call it the Something Awful video LP thread but I'm lazy and I don't feel like changing it since I already asked for a thread name change before.

qq more

I let anyone post good LPs in there and that also includes the retsupurae stuff since the audiences are related anyway.

I should really just call it the Something Awful video LP thread but I'm lazy and I don't feel like changing it since I already asked for a thread name change before.

Oh, okay then!

Sciz

This sounds like a damned disaster. Really weird. So... Archie fired all of their lawyers and none of Penders's characters can be mentioned from now on? It creates such a huge inconsistency. If Penders wins, it might have some lasting repercussions on the comic since a lot of those characters were almost in central roles at a point.
Someone went through the series and figured out who created what a while back. Most of Penders' characters are dead, irrelevant, or written out at this point, but a handful of them would really hurt to lose just now without the chance for some sort of closure, most notably Geoffrey and Elias.

Long term, who knows. The current issues would've been late in production by the time the legal team got switched out, hence all the weird edits and cuts. The recent settlement might mitigate the damage going forward, depending on what the terms were, but it'll be a while before that has an effect. The only characters Penders seems to actually care about are the echidnas and all the fluff surrounding them, and all that's been pretty much vaporized or warped to another dimension at this point, so a settlement in which Archie gives up those and keeps the rest wouldn't cause too much trouble. I'd say they could just replace them with the Nocturnus (I'm watching you, Beef) if they really wanted to bring some of that back, except they're under legal contention too.

I wonder if Ian's considering rebooting?
I'm sure the idea's been fielded more than once by now. It'd be a shame, though. As much of a bizarre amalgamation of ideas the comic universe is at this point, it's got a lot of history and a fairly well developed world and cast of characters that most of the readership and current creative team are attached to, to varying degrees. There are obvious advantages to starting fresh, Mega Man style, but I don't know that there are any stories to be told in a new universe that couldn't be done in this one. Ian's already managed to drag it fairly close to the games at this point.

Though, I feel like they should go back to some of the older games and see that gaining speed and momentum wasn't necessarily based on springs or anything. It was running back and forth in a convex-mirror-like thing and building up speed. They streamlined this with the spindash and later the boost, but they really did take some autonomy from the player later on. I wonder where that started. I wish they'd take the damn boost pads out. It only makes Sonic lose momentum.
One of the zones we know Iizuka designed in S3&K was Sky Sanctuary. Think about its design a bit and you'll have your answer.

Sleep well Sonic fans, knowing that your respective blue platformer of choice will almost DEFINITELY have a better 25th anniversary than Mega Man

6XmZK.png

Sciz

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person here who read the one true Sonic comic series and that makes me cry myself to sleep.

I went through it all sometime last year. It's neat, not least of all because the first half of its run is basically Sega Mega Drive the Comic, but it's got plenty of weird shit in its own right and the writers didn't have much of a concept of pacing, even after they got more than eight pages an issue.

Good irreverent fun though. I have to admire a comic that shamelessly features a trio of electricians named the Marxio Bros.

Didn't they already do that with the "Genesis" arc or something?

Sort of. It was an in-universe reboot that served as an excuse for them to do Sonic 1 and 2 adaptations and set up some other plot points, but it was fixed before too long.

BlackJace

It's okay. The levels get worse as the game progressess, but as an action game, it's pretty solid. As a DMC game though...it's at least better than 2 and some of 4.

Have you played it?

I have.

The gameplay is solid, I have to admit that, so it's not outright terrible like most people have been saying, still I felt it would have been better if Capcom would have developed it with the DMC4 team.

But then there's everything outside of it that REALLY irks me.

I just don't like the direction they took with it.

Well that's all well and good then! Just making sure you weren't one of them. :p

Sucks that you aren't a fan, that said, I've noticed a lot of people are digging it (RPS gave it a good review, fer Christ's sakes), so it seems unfair to point to it as another sign of Capcom doing poorly by their audience.

It's not like we don't have enough examples of that as it is.

Guise pls halp.

iBzl7rAkPmFEL.gif

Anyone know a good place to get some sprite sets of sonic animations? Like, enemies, item boxes, Sonic & friends, etc. Even the Sonic/SEGA logo.

OMG you guys are incredible, you just saved my skin (it's uni related, believe it or not haha)

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

iRUsT8hgM4HZK.gif

I'm using them to do an inforgraphic in After Effects. I fucking hate After Effects and haven't bothered learning anything aside from the basics. This is due on Sunday so my body is ready for a crash course :mad:

BlackJace

I'm using them to do an inforgraphic in After Effects. I fucking hate After Effects and haven't bothered learning anything aside from the basics. This is due on Sunday so my body is ready for a crash course :mad:

After Effects was the bane of my existence as well. Hope whatever course you're taking goes well.

Hey guys, I found Metroid Prime Trilogy CIB at a local GameStop today! Steel case and everything. And since I had $40 in gift cards burning a hole in my pocket, I only paid ~$23 for it, despite it usually going for $60-80 on the aftermarket!

Boy, I bet none of you had as good fortune as I di-

Off topic: Picked up EarthBound at the same place for 65 cents, too. Talk about good fortune!
if8JaX8ISZ64c.gif

qq more

I bought Misadventures of Tron Bonne for 20 dollars (ACTUALLY I HAD 15 AMAZON DOLLARS, SO IT WAS 5) and the disc is in perfect condition B)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom