• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sciz

Just trying to avoid the screaming. I've made my case before for why an SA3 would in one way or another end badly, and even in the best case scenario, the name is toxic.

And then Sonic Heroes's story happened and as loath as I am to admit it, at least it did something with Metal Sonic. Episode Metal was incredibly boring and unbalanced. It wasn't much of a lock-on game at all as advertised, and I don't know where they were going with that.

The Sonic 3 & Knuckles, and Knuckles in Sonic 2 lock-on features just showed more depth with regards to the level designs or different pathways you can take with all three characters. The level design, in the cases of those games, was just demonstrative of how versatile it was.

Episode Metal by contrast is just a retread of levels from Episode 1 in an unbalanced fashion.

And, someone does have Sonic 4: Ep 2 on their GotY list.
I'd like to add more to this episode metal critique but you had to go and sum it all up so instead i'll point out how silly Metal Sonic looks balancing on the spheres in lost labyrinth.

I'm getting some Toadies to put that Yoshi in the tallest of towers.

Don't be a hater.
It's more fear than hate.

Knuckles to be optional playable character in Unleashed 4: Colours 3 - Generations 2, new Hunnid-P raps for each stage when playing as him. Adventure 3 publicly executed in front of Iizuka-sama.

qq more

SA3 would be only acceptable if it doesn't bring back the nasty habits the series introduced. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the first two but... yeah

Honestly, this is probably one of the most pleasant and enjoyable threads on GAF. I often come here whenever Gaming and especially OT get to be too much. Thank you guys.

I agree. This is such a nice thread.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
This is unfortunately the most likely explanation.
Maybe they'll include rapping in Sonic World Adventure 2.

I want another Sonic World Adventure... :(

I'd like to add more to this episode metal critique but you had to go and sum it all up so instead i'll point out how silly Metal Sonic looks balancing on the spheres in lost labyrinth.

I'm getting some Toadies to put that Yoshi in the tallest of towers.
Ahaha, maybe some other people put it on their list too, but I was reading a few more lists while I was there and that one just popped out to me.

Metal Sonic's allowed to look silly!

Yeah it isn't a community thread if they actually talk about the thread's topic.
We're on-topic now... >.>

qq more

Those nasty habits are like a good half of the adventure experience.

I'll be fine with alt gameplay if they don't force you to switch characters and the alt gameplay themselves are designed better. Yuckkk at the Emerald Hunting in SA2. I felt SA1 did it right, Big's out of place fishing game aside.

Kokonoe

Banned
Without that the poor lip syncing and line interruptions wouldn't be as funny.

Honestly, those cutscenes still make me laugh big time to this day just seeing Sonic's mouth (especially in adventure 1) go all over the place. I'd rather they do proper lip sync, though. If they do the whole cutesy/friendly stuff Sonic is going now with the story I don't mind that either, all I care about is the gameplay. I admit seeing both Super Sonic sequences in the Adventure games were highlights of my childhood, but right now all I care about is the gameplay and I love Adventure gameplay.

Guilty pleasure: I actually enjoyed SA1's story. SA2's story however... bleh. It did have its moments though.

SA1's story was pretty good, but I felt that Knuckles didn't get nearly enough focus in it considering everything that happened in that game had to do with HIS people.

It was the time to shed some light about who and why Knuckles is but it was not to be.

E-102's scenario is the best though.

qq more

SA1's story was pretty good, but I felt that Knuckles didn't get nearly enough focus in it considering everything that happened in that game had to do with HIS people.

It was the time to shed some light about who and why Knuckles is but it was not to be.

Yeah, that was my one disappointment with the story. Knuckles doesn't get enough spotlight. Outside of playing as him... he's kind of just there.

E-102's scenario is the best though.
Yeah, that was actually really great. E-102 is one of my favorite characters for that reason alone.

I was slightly disappointed that Speed Highway didn't have the second part at the end.

The dawn song? Yeah, I'm shocked they didn't do that. At least they added a nice nod to that segment by having the level slowly turn to dawn.

Noi

I'd enjoy SA2's story a lot more if the games following it didn't proceed to piss all over it. Shadow's own game being the worst offender.

Instead we had to wait for Bioware to try doing it with all that Nocturne bullshit and stuff.

I actually never read a plot summary of that game, so I have no idea what the hell happened there. I just know it involved echidnas.

*takes damage* oh no

*takes damage* oh no
Give it your be*takes damage* oh no

Instead we had to wait for Bioware to try doing it with all that Nocturne bullshit and stuff.

I actually never read a plot summary of that game, so I have no idea what the hell happened there. I just know it involved echidnas.

Give it your be*takes damage* oh no

NOCTURNE, BABY

The plot to Chronicles wasn't too awful thanks to the awesome writing for the characters themselves. I've mentioned it once or twice, but Big the Cat is my favorite character in that game, and that's not a knock on any of the other characters at all. He has some of the best one-liners in the game.

*city suffers countless dollars in infrastructural damage due to flooding and other Chaos phenomena, water filled the streets in buildings way too fast, nobody could have possibly got away fast enough. The death toll estimated to be in the several hundred thousand range*

Tails:Oh well! All's well that ends well right? :D

Edit:Beaten. JC knows what I'm talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom