• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I'm blanking out here, but where is this from again? It sounds like something that'd be fucking hilarious to hear.

Knuckles says it sometimes in Sonic Heroes. Some of the most bizarre filler dialog in a game fill of bizarre filler dialog

--

How did you know it was a fake emerald

BECAUSE YOU JUST TOLD ME, FOCK BOY

j6eoQ54iLIUax.PNG

BlackJace

This is when I realized Sega was trying to make hedgehogs the equivalent of saiyans.

A fact driven home by everyone's favorite Sonic 06.

Sayonara....Shadow the hedgehog

lik dis if u cry evry timee

I believe it's a fact that Super Sonic's design was indeed inspired by DBZ's super saiyans. Chaos emeralds as well.

I remember reading somewhere that when he moved to the US to work on Sonic 2, he had someone back in Japan sending him VHS recordings of the newest DBZ episodes every week.

TheOGB

Banned
YOUR PUNCH GOT NO JUICE FOOL
Most underrated quote

I remember reading somewhere that when he moved to the US to work on Sonic 2, he had someone back in Japan sending him VHS recordings of the newest DBZ episodes every week.
That's pretty fucking hilarious

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
It's funny that you'd even need to ask if Super Sonic was inspired by DBZ...;) the reference was blatant when it was new... but of course it's been 20 years and most westerners wouldn't have seen DBZ by 1992 anyway ;P

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I hit over 30000 characters so I have to cut it down. Meaning, I had to remove a lot of my honourable mentions writeups, had to cut out some paragraphs I wrote for my Top 10, and took out a bit from my intro paragraph.

I had to write an intro stating that this is not necessarily a ranked list (because my ranked 1 game isn't necessarily the best game I played all year; that's actually a split between AC2/Brotherhood, To the Moon, and Sora no Kiseki the 3rd), but just a list of stuff I liked somewhat that came out in 2012.

Edit: I'm done. I had to delete a lot of stuff to get it to fit. It's weird because the post isn't even that long. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=46585763&postcount=1347

Because of course Sonic can use Chaos Control

with a fake emerald

All the quoting here and no bothered with
"what can I say? I die hard!"

I hit over 30000 characters so I have to cut it down. Meaning, I had to remove a lot of my honourable mentions writeups, had to cut out some paragraphs I wrote for my Top 10, and took out a bit from my intro paragraph.

I had to write an intro stating that this is not necessarily a ranked list (because my ranked 1 game isn't necessarily the best game I played all year; that's actually a split between AC2/Brotherhood, To the Moon, and Sora no Kiseki the 3rd), but just a list of stuff I liked somewhat that came out in 2012.

Edit: I'm done. I had to delete a lot of stuff to get it to fit. It's weird because the post isn't even that long. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=46585763&postcount=1347
Hmm, I think I may end up breaching the character limit if yours is anything to go by, I must begin the pruning preparations as well as finally settling on game number 10.
Of course if your HM stuff is still kicking around feel free to drop them in here for everyone's viewing pleasure.

Noi

Gotta say, I didn't expect to see Hakuoki in there. Went back to add it to my own honorable mentions cause I forgot that came out this year and I had a lot of fun with it. I should get back to it and do more than go down Hijikata's route sometime though...

I also need to play GL4, but I want to play and beat 2 and 3 first. I'm so lazy about pulling out and hooking up my PS2 though.

At 8 entries I officially have too many characters, ARRRGGGGGH!

Drastic measures have to be taken, trying to shorten already existing write ups just makes the whole thing inconsistent, time to revise the whole damn thing, this is my mission for the day, Operation: Quality over Quantity.

All the quoting here and no bothered with
"what can I say? I die hard!"

Hmm, I think I may end up breaching the character limit if yours is anything to go by, I must begin the pruning preparations as well as finally settling on game number 10.
Of course if your HM stuff is still kicking around feel free to drop them in here for everyone's viewing pleasure.

Gotta say, I didn't expect to see Hakuoki in there. Went back to add it to my own honorable mentions cause I forgot that came out this year and I had a lot of fun with it. I should get back to it and do more than go down Hijikata's route sometime though...

I also need to play GL4, but I want to play and beat 2 and 3 first. I'm so lazy about pulling out and hooking up my PS2 though.

Bah, I wanna join, but I've only played, like, three 2012 games the entirety of last year.

Nert

I just finished my list, too. Good on all of us for supporting Dikembe Mutumbo :D

At 8 entries I officially have too many characters, ARRRGGGGGH!

Drastic measures have to be taken, trying to shorten already existing write ups just makes the whole thing inconsistent, time to revise the whole damn thing, this is my mission for the day, Operation: Quality over Quantity.

After writing a novel about my first choice, I decided to keep things concise and to the point with everything else. The character limit can be frustrating, but I think that it actually helped me out in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom