• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sciz

What's up with where his arms join to his body? Is Pacman supposed to be a robot or toy or something?

It's a design element that dates all the way back to the original Puckman art, actually.

nsm-puck-man-marquee-s.jpg

Still weird, and the rest of the changes are green eyes all over again.

Pietepiet

Whoa, cool that Dario is here! Loving you guys' work on Unleashed Generations.

Also thanks everyone who voted for our Dikembe games in the GOTY thread <3

Nert

You're very welcome! I would put Dikembe Mutumbo towards the top of the small list of video games that I think are genuinely funny, and I greatly appreciated seeing topical humor in a video game for once (this is directly related to how quickly new pieces of the game were released).

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Really doubt they got patched. I mean, I only finished BTTF nine months ago, and even by those standards it was already almost a year old at that point. Telltale is a very fast moving company and does not often look back on fixing old releases. They won't even let other people do it, from what I've heard - they specifically request fans do not reverse-engineer their tech.
Aw, really? That's disappointing. Oh well, I'll give it a shot regardless.

Well I also kind of worry about the name "BlazeHedgehog" around these parts because more than even Sega1991 I feel like it would make my opinions easy to type cast by those who don't know me. Sonic fans are not viewed well outside of this thread.
I was thinking that after I posted it. Especially since there's a character in the series named Blaze and people might think ... well.. stupid things.

I dunno. I think the stigma is really fucking stupid at this point. I hope it's changed on GAF somewhat in the past three years given that: we don't allow dumb fanart/fanfiction in this thread, and the games' quality has been improving.

Oh good, the modding community has made the character that just about single-handedly killed my interest in the franchise for almost a decade playable in a game that I like :p
But do you like him yet???? :p

And the results are in.

...Schala's affinity with other users is really low. :lol
I noticed. I feel a little down about it because last year my affinity with people was pretty high, and I knew almost every single person on my affinity list. But this year was weird as hell and I ended up voting for stuff people wouldn't normally vote for.

It's a little too bad we don't have a hipster edition of the affinity lists like we did last year, because that way I would've probably had a higher affinity with other people.

Also somehow the parser said that FF13-2 was one of my honourable mentions when it wasn't! Baaaaaaaaaaaahhhh! The Gilgamesh DLC, maybe, but the game itself? Hell no! It wasn't even deserving of an honourable mention in the slightest! Not when it was so easy that you could fall asleep while playing it. Man, that game was ridiculously easy.

You're welcome. I genuinely meant what I said too. I wish I could've made some of my comments about it a little more in-depth but I ran out of room.

I hope it comes out in downloadable form one day!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Could probably make it an honourable mention at best. :p

Seriously, though, considering all of the level stuff seems to be done within a week, I think they deserved a vote given how solid everything was.

Tokyo Jungle didn't grab me at all but I only paid around 5 quid and I could do with putting more time into it so i'm not fussed.
Why the flippity floo is the Crocodile DLC though?! what a load of money grabbing poop, easily the most disgraceful DLC practice of last year because they know everyone wants to be a Croc.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I have some Euros and some American money. The Euros look interesting and kinda cute. I used to have a 10 GBP banknote and a 20 GBP banknote before I put them in my back account but they looked neat and somewhat refined.

I encounter American money more often, but I think... uh, well, considering I've been exposed to several forms of currency marked by colour, American notes really need some colour. :p

ALSO:

205. [360][PS3][PC][IOS][AND] Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II (Platform) = 4 points

go sonic 4?!

Yeah, most of it was. And by week I mean Tuesday - Friday/Saturday for most of the games.

Glad that's over... :p
That much of a crunch?! D:

Sheesh. I respect the game even more now. But mostly, I liked the spritework and colours a lot. Tons of personality.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Now I have to watch it. :O

Thanks :) The style was a bit new for me (I usually do outlined stuff) but I think it worked out.
I noticed that after a while. But overall, I think it turned out well and cohesively.

With the game taken down, though, it was hard to find screens of what I wanted since I didn't end up screencapping anything while playing it.

which of ya'll voted for Sonic 4 ep.2

show yourselves
No one in SonicGAF, if that's what you're asking?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=504835&page=3#143
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=504835&page=27#1311

I was thinking that after I posted it. Especially since there's a character in the series named Blaze and people might think ... well.. stupid things.

I dunno. I think the stigma is really fucking stupid at this point. I hope it's changed on GAF somewhat in the past three years given that: we don't allow dumb fanart/fanfiction in this thread, and the games' quality has been improving.

Well, Sonic threads have definitely improved since I joined. Part of the reason I joined GAF is because threads like that were always just collections of creepy fanart and people linking that Shawn Elliot "married to Sonic" clip over and over again and I just wanted to get in there and ask everybody what their problem was.

Some fanboy habits are easier to break than others. :p

I haven't gotten into a single Shin Megami Tensei game. No Nocturne nor Persona nor Digital Devil Saga nor whatever else there is I'm not aware of.

Pietepiet

So, I hooked up the GameCube again this weekend. Went through a bit of Paper Mario TTYD, Luigi's Mansion and eventually decided to pop Sonic Riders in.

That game is still surprisingly fun. How doable is it to get Gold on all Missions? I've unlocked pretty much everything in the game except Super Sonic, so if it won't make me kill myself I'm considering going for it.
Huge fan of the intro + illustration style for the game as well. Good shit.

So, I hooked up the GameCube again this weekend. Went through a bit of Paper Mario TTYD, Luigi's Mansion and eventually decided to pop Sonic Riders in.

That game is still surprisingly fun. How doable is it to get Gold on all Missions? I've unlocked pretty much everything in the game except Super Sonic, so if it won't make me kill myself I'm considering going for it.
Huge fan of the intro + illustration style for the game as well. Good shit.

I just wish anybody at Sega knew why that series was appealing. Everything I liked about the first Sonic Riders is exactly what they fucked up in Zero Gravity and Freeriders

Pietepiet

I just wish anybody at Sega knew why that series was appealing. Everything I liked about the first Sonic Riders is exactly what they fucked up in Zero Gravity and Freeriders

I enjoyed Zero Gravity, but it wasn't nearly as good as the original. Way slower, and the lack of the turbulence mechanic was a shame

I never played PSO; wasn't interested in playing online (my Dreamcast didn't even have Internet going into it, anyway), and I heard single-player was dreadfully dull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom