• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.

qq more

I think you'll find that the Daily Soreana is a very well written newspaper.

ffxzFJL.jpg
B7Dx1N7.jpg

Where else can we know where on earth does the princess ?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
People look at me weird when I pull my phone out because it's just for talking, texting, and taking poor-quality photos, and it's not a smartphone. And I'm content with that. Heck, sometimes I forget it, I leave it off most of the time, etc.

It weirds me out when people treat their phones as if it's part of their body or something.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Sigh... At least try to set an example with your OP. Is it really so hard to say, "I like the part between 1:04-1:45" as a comment even if you can't reason out which instruments are being used?

That's why I find some of these threads so tiresome. If you don't care enough to discuss despite making the thread, why even bother?

team-rocket.png

Robotnik formally joins Team Rocket
which one's Meowth

Even if you never make a post, a Twitter account is still a pretty cool thing to have if you just treat it as an RSS feed aggregator.
Ehhh... yeah, I guess. A lot of the LPers post when they plan to stream on twitter, so it's useful then.

I still don't want to get one. -_-

I remember when Facebook was restricted to college students!
Those were the best days. Really. It was much easier to find other people in your classes to exchange notes with. Mind you, it took me a long time for people to convince me to get one.

Noi

Sigh... At least try to set an example with your OP. Is it really so hard to say, "I like the part between 1:04-1:45" as a comment even if you can't reason out which instruments are being used?

That's why I find some of these threads so tiresome. If you don't care enough to discuss despite making the thread, why even bother?

I see that thread getting locked. The OP himself starts it out as a list, and list threads get locked pretty quickly.

Ehhh... yeah, I guess. A lot of the LPers post when they plan to stream on twitter, so it's useful then.

I still don't want to get one. -_-

I got my own twitter account years ago on the idea that it was essentially one giant chatroom. I can have a back and forth with friends without having to wait for them to go online on a messenger chat or just tweet stuff at someone with the knowledge that they're gonna get a notification about it and read it.

I use mine to signal when I'm gonna stream as well. :X

A.E Suggs

I remember when Facebook was restricted to college students!

I remember hearing that it was honestly slightly less ass than it is now.

he isn't racked

But he's a furry and that's popular as well(maybe not japan but it seems to be an up and coming thing in the west).

Anyway I came here looking for the sonic racers crew since that particular topic seems dead. Hopefully they exist in some shape or form in here.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
We don't talk about that furry shit in here. Ever. That's partially why this thread was created: none of us care about it, we just want to talk about the series in general, whether it's comics, games, music, etc.

Anyway, let's play catch-up.

More Sonic Retsupurae; I haven't watched it yet, but I think it's the second video after that last one with the level overview and three minutes of fighting with a cat.
Alright, who... who opens up Zone:0 to talk about level design in a video LP prior to starting the Act? That's fine and dandy, but you could just talk about it as you're going. GHZ's easy to understand, though; you've got hills easily make you airborne, areas that you could use to increase your speed and maintain your momentum, etc. It's pretty straightforward. And then, you mess up several times. In Green Hill Zone. :|

And we got some Marble Zone for some reason (oh man I can't wait for that one all things considered regarding its level design).

There are a lot of people who do live covers of video game music on Youtube.

I have found their god.

Marble Zone
Mystic Cave Zone
Green Hill Zone
Green Hills Zone
Chemical Plant Zone
Sky High Zone
*goes in expecting nothing*

Sciz, you're the best at sleuthing Sonic music-related things. That Marble Zone is fantastic, and I love his take on Chemical Plant a lot.

I heard you guys were talking about Sonic 4 Episode 2 in here so I brought this:
They Probably Fixed This One - Let's Play Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II
youtube
Hm. I'm kind of disappointed that Pokecapn and KFJ or someone else didn't take this game to LP first. I know other people can do LPs of games and it'll be archived, but I usually like looking for the extra videos they do at the end for 100%ing the game.

Kyle and Keith going for it isn't too bad, though, since their LPs feel more like podcasts.

I see that thread getting locked. The OP himself starts it out as a list, and list threads get locked pretty quickly.
Not VGM list threads. I wish people would at least put some effort into their posts. Even a "I like the part from this timestamp to this timestamp" is fine. You're at least creating some discussion. VGM threads, outside of the SotY thread, are just boring.

I don't really mind furry stuff, but FurryGAF is already a thing, so you might want to take it to Off-Topic Community instead, I guess?

Alright, who... who opens up Zone:0 to talk about level design in a video LP prior to starting the Act? That's fine and dandy, but you could just talk about it as you're going. GHZ's easy to understand, though; you've got hills easily make you airborne, areas that you could use to increase your speed and maintain your momentum, etc. It's pretty straightforward. And then, you mess up several times. In Green Hill Zone. :|

And we got some Marble Zone for some reason (oh man I can't wait for that one all things considered regarding its level design).
Yeah, he keeps talking up his strategy, as if he's some expert at this game, and then proceeds to really, REALLY suck ass at it, like it's his first time playing. Why are you even bothering to LP it? Why didn't you edit out you sucking so much ass at GHZ that you Game Over'd? Why didn't you do the strategy for Act 3, too? Why did you label it "Acts 1 and 2" if it's Acts 2 and 3? Why do you spend so much time poring over the nuances of the maps, and then proceed to go the wrong direction several times when actually running through the stages? Why? Why? Whyyy?

At least he doesn't waste three minutes of our life fiddling with his cat. Then again, that might've been an improvement.

I'd be amazed if the goons followed up with his take on Marble Zone. If he sucks this badly at GHZ, I can only imagine how later zones will screw him up.

A.E Suggs

We don't talk about that furry shit in here. Ever. That's partially why this thread was created: none of us care about it, we just want to talk about the series in general, whether it's comics, games, music, etc.

I mentioned it once, i'm not into that crap. I came in here to find out where the hell the sonic racing people went off to.

qq more

The thread died? Damn, I keep neglecting that game and constantly reminded myself I should get back to it and play online more with people from here. It was a blast.

Welcome to SonicGAF by the way!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I mentioned it once, i'm not into that crap. I came in here to find out where the hell the sonic racing people went off to.
Well... it's just worth a mention just before some people get carried away. I like to stamp it out before it starts.

Anyway, did that thread get sent off to community already? Ah. I'm pretty sure when the PC version comes out, there'll be more people playing with that version.. But outside of that, I'm not sure if people in here are still playing it often. Maybe some of the Wii U players like qq?

Yeah, he keeps talking up his strategy, as if he's some expert at this game, and then proceeds to really, REALLY suck ass at it, like it's his first time playing. Why are you even bothering to LP it? Why didn't you edit out you sucking so much ass at GHZ that you Game Over'd? Why didn't you do the strategy for Act 3, too? Why did you label it "Acts 1 and 2" if it's Acts 2 and 3? Why do you spend so much time poring over the nuances of the maps, and then proceed to go the wrong direction several times when actually running through the stages? Why? Why? Whyyy?

At least he doesn't waste three minutes of our life fiddling with his cat. Then again, that might've been an improvement.

I'd be amazed if the goons followed up with his take on Marble Zone. If he sucks this badly at GHZ, I can only imagine how later zones will screw him up.
I got curious and looked up the Marble Zone video. Well, spoilers and all, but no, it doesn't go very well.

I think it's funny that he didn't even bother to edit the stuff where he screws up or the bits where he's arguing with the cat out. That's why I like retsupurae. Video LPs get a bad reputation, but it's a good way of showing why some people are just doing it wrong.

I should be getting Sonic Generations for my birthday tomorrow, I am so excite.
Which version?

A.E Suggs

The thread died? Damn, I keep neglecting that game and constantly reminded myself I should get back to it and play online more with people from here. It was a blast.

Welcome to SonicGAF by the way!

Well its not very active at all. Thanks for the welcome also.

Well... it's just worth a mention just before some people get carried away. I like to stamp it out before it starts.

Not a problem won't happen again from me, though this thread seems a bit off topic at times anyway after looking through it.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
do we need a detailed strategy for marble zone

because i pulled the zone:0 map

we can do this together sonicgaf let's go

At least Labyrinth Zone is more reasonable in terms of this stuff.

Xbox 360, why? I'll probably get it in the Summer Sale too.
Well, since there were a few mods for the PC version, some of us could probably recommend some. Especially since some people who are working on some of them post in this very thread now.

Not a problem won't happen again from me, though this thread seems a bit off topic at times anyway after looking through it.
Well, since there's no Sonic news outside of the comic lawsuit stuff, we kind of go off the rails often. Just as long as we keep it clean, etc. PokeGAF and SonicGAF generally share a similar assortment of rules, so... >.>

Sorry if I came off as harsh. I have no idea what's with me lately because I feel like I've gotten off the wrong side of the bed since Sunday.

I suspect when something does get announced by March/April, we'll be more on-topic again.

qq more

No idea what you're talking about, Dark Schala. There seems to be plenty of risk involved in taking one of those paths in Marble Zone 1. I mean... look at the line of 3 ring boxes! Shit... should we really risky our lives? I mean... there's that platform that moves up and down... who knows what it could do to us!

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I should be getting Sonic Generations for my birthday tomorrow, I am so excite.

Xbox 360, why? I'll probably get it in the Summer Sale too.

I just got this a few weeks ago. Love it :D Enjoy!

It really rekindled a love for Sonic that has been basically dead for 14 years (respect for the oldschool games aside).

I dunno. I think the stigma is really fucking stupid at this point. I hope it's changed on GAF somewhat in the past three years given that: we don't allow dumb fanart/fanfiction in this thread, and the games' quality has been improving.

Old post but I wanted to respond. For me, the fact that the games are good now changes everything! It shifts the appeal of Sonic from being all about the story/characters (not that there's anything wrong with that) to being a kickass videogame series again.... (and ironically, it legitimizes that love of the story/characters! :D SatAM, AoStH and Archie memories have come flooding back @_@)

I think it will take a little while to trickle down to the rest of the gaming world... I didn't get the memo about Sonic improving even though I heard fans saying it. But I think word will get out..... Sonic is cool again, IMO.

I don't get why people didn't like the Hobbit, I thought it was pretty good but thanks for that sequel hook Jackson, especially since we don't get the second part until this Christmas! I read the book years ago so I know how it ends but still...

Nert

I think it will take a little while to trickle down to the rest of the gaming world... I didn't get the memo about Sonic improving even though I heard fans saying it. But I think word will get out..... Sonic is cool again, IMO.

I'm crossing my fingers. Colors and Generations (and for some, Unleashed) are marked improvements upon their immediate predecessors and great games in general. As I've said earlier, though, the not-good-ness of Sonic 4 and the lack information about where the series is heading next aren't filling me with confidence. The "Sonic Cycle" meme is mostly dead now, but many are still skeptical about Sega's ability to deliver going forward, and I don't blame them.

Sciz

(And probably Durango/Orbis, too... although outside of image quality, I'm still not 100% sure how next-gen hardware is supposed to "wow" me, these days.)
Going by the recent hardware threads, I'll be impressed if IQ improves at all from this gen, at least from the studios that can afford to push higher and higher fidelity graphics. Maybe they'll at least push for 1080p/30fps, or learn what anisotropic filtering is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom