• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOGB

Banned
What, Brazillian women? They're beautiful.
Hell, damn near every Brazillian just looks good.
...Oh for fuck's sake, people in general are beautiful. :3

*ahem* So uh, suddenly I'm playing Sonic Adventure 2

why am i playing SA2

I had a lot of fun with the shooting segments, actually.

Aside from the turning speed being absolutely absurd and the mechs having the weight of Fort Knox, getting large combos for maximum points, and then clearing the stage without dying and nailing that A rank is very cathartic.

TheOGB

Banned
Oh lord... I just started White Jubgle mission 4 and held up as it started. Shadow hit the ramp and went careening of to the side.

Metal Gear Rising demo, hurry the fuck up! >:I

Edit: Guess I'd never held up when starting White Jungle before, because this is definitely a thing. Shadow even stayed alive for 10 seconds before finally realizing he'd fallen into the water.

You know that Dexter episode could easily have passed for a standard one with the bleeping replaced with more acceptable rude words.
Well it takes me back to the good old days at any rate.

Gamma's shooting sections>SA2 mechs, you know this to be true.

TheOGB

Banned
I thought the same thing about the Dexter episode. Hell, they could have had the TV-acceptable version and then the full-on, uncensored skull-fucking douchebag version for kicks or something.

Gamma's campaign by itself is probably better than the whole of SA1 and SA2.

I don't think there ever WAS a version of that episode with that level of language in it. I think it was a myth- a myth that [as] referenced ahead of actually getting their hands on the episode, too. All seems like a case of purple monkey dishwasher.

And I highly doubt that an uncensored version exists anywhere anymore.

Guess Who

Banned
I had a lot of fun with the shooting segments, actually.

Aside from the turning speed being absolutely absurd and the mechs having the weight of Fort Knox, getting large combos for maximum points, and then clearing the stage without dying and nailing that A rank is very cathartic.

Really? Getting huge combos doesn't feel like any kind of reward to me, it just feels like I'm being praised for holding the B button and twirling the analog stick, and enemies aren't threatening enough for dying to be a legitimate fear with the possible sole exception of Artificial Chaos. That and the level design can be incredibly boring and repetitive (watch a run of Eternal Engine and count how many times the same basic rooms repeat themselves over and over).

qq more

SA1's shooting was soooo much better. SA2's shooting was okay, but kind of slow and heavy to control, so it felt like a downgrade. Robotnik's levels were fun though... most of the time! Sadly can't say the same to Tails.

I think so, yeah. It'd probably be better if I had more control over where, exactly, that thing was aiming (y'know, pitch in addition to yaw), as then there might be some more skill involved, but I still get a small bit of satisfaction from knowing that I just blew up most of the targets in view in one fell swoop, instead of several smaller ones because I kept missing things or had to shoot early to prevent myself from getting hit.

(Also, wait, you're another Retro mod. Hi! When'd you get here?)

qq more

I think so, yeah. It'd probably be better if I had more control over where, exactly, that thing was aiming (y'know, pitch in addition to yaw), as then there might be some more skill involved, but I still get a small bit of satisfaction from knowing that I just blew up most of the targets in view in one fell swoop, instead of several smaller ones because I kept missing things or had to shoot early to prevent myself from getting hit.

(Also, wait, you're another Retro mod. Hi! When'd you get here?)

Wait, do you post in Sonic Retro by any chance?

That could be another reason why I recognize your name so much when you first posted in GAF. I don't really go there but I lurk from time to time.

Wait, do you post in Sonic Retro by any chance?

That could be another reason why I recognize your name so much when you first posted in GAF. I don't really go there but I lurk from time to time.
I used to, but kinda stopped doing so regularly a year ago. Still look at it from time to time.

TheOGB

Banned
"You know what they say..." Thankfully you all know what they say, we mock it enough :p Welcome welcome to our newest additions to SonicGAF! (We've had, like, 5-6 new people post in this thread in the past 2 weeks or something? Cool.)

Also this
CTrEcms.gif

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Welcome to all of the new members! I didn't realize we had lurkers before, but I recognize some of you from other places (ie: I don't have an account on Retro, but I do read it).

I still find it regrettable that DBean can't join us (yet). :(

And I just grabbed this:

dsc00441d1ds7.jpg

Probably won't start until Thursday or Friday.

Dude can seemingly play anything, does spectacular arrangements, and his history is like a Who's Who of VGM legends. I haven't liked a Youtube channel this much since I found Tee Lopes.
Why did you link me to that Mega Man arrangement? Now I'm just taking the time to run through his channel. This guy is amazing! He must've modded his guitar's bridge to get that sitar sound. :3

^_________^

No idea what you're talking about, Dark Schala. There seems to be plenty of risk involved in taking one of those paths in Marble Zone 1. I mean... look at the line of 3 ring boxes! Shit... should we really risk our lives? I mean... there's that platform that moves up and down... who knows what it could do to us!
Those damn tubes. They're too hard to bypass! why sega why?!

I want a next-gen Sonic game.
So do I. If there's one announced for Wii U, it will push me to buy a Wii U.

Beef was committed into an insane asylum, Schala was declared Queen of Canada, and I found a penny. How're you?
Ah, so we finally committed him to an eternity of listening to--... Wait... I'm not going to mention it.

Oh, so if I'm the Queen of Canada, then I must've replaced Queen Elizabeth II as our monarch. *ponders*

Thank you! Will watch in a sec.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Going for the Can't Touch This achievement on Generations. :(
I posted some tips a few pages ago. D:

Good luck! It takes a while if you're really rusty at Generations, but once you get the hang of it, you could probably pull it off multiple times.

Oh man, this Dexter's Lab episode is amazing. It's so charming.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Awww, that episode so good. Nostalgia-rush.

I want more Dexter's Lab episooooodes.

I was getting there, but then VGCW started. :lol
I'm not surprised that's still going on, lol.

We're gonna go fuck up your lab.
This would be the first thing I say tomorrow morning to some of my peers if they were Dexter's Lab fans. :|

My Lab > Their Lab.

Welcome to all our new members. Quick question for you newbies: how much do you like Nocturne?

[] A lot
[] A hell of a lot
[] DERN
no one answer this

That episode was surprisingly just like a normal Dester's Lab episode only with more bleeps.

I was expecting something widely different but I ain't complainin'.

Nostalgia'd hard.

Welcome to all our new members. Quick question for you newbies: how much do you like Nocturne?

[] A lot
[] A hell of a lot
[] DERN

Better Nocturne question, how much do you like Nocturnowl?

[] I pretend I don't but deep down I do
[] I'd follow him to the ends of the earth
[] Well he's better than that Professor Beef fellow

On a slightly related note to the conversation right now...
Omelette au du fromage

Pay attention to the
HOMING SHOTS?

P.S. How the fuck does Cream know about homing shots and shit. WHy is a five year old giving me fighting tips

After playing Sonic Advance 2 and 3 and witnessing the power of Cheese I wager she knows everything about homing attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom