• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kokonoe

Banned
Golden

link
I don't agree, Pokemon Gold (and Silver) is dunkadelic game n' up in mah top RPGz of all time. I be bout ta post why they is pimped out later yo, but fo' now, this.

Johto aint a lil' small-ass experience be a gangbangin' full fledged one, n' I find it ta be dunkadelic fo' realz. Every Muthafucka whoz ass says it is "gimped" is wrong. Take a peep tha maps below.

It may not be a 1:1 replica yo, but as you can peep it looks pretty darn phat. Y'all KNOW dat shit, muthafucka! Bein able ta fight all tha Gym Leadaz from tha previous game n' do almost everythang I could except fo' a gangbangin' few thangs was so funk fo' mah dirty ass.

Ghetto has become excessively linear too.

JRPEU.png

Kokonoe's posts have been consistently great when run through Gizoogle

It's the greatest thing ever, I am the chosen one.

Koko's hidden G factor is off the hizzay!

My nature is thug, I'm maxed out in IVs and EVs.

It's inevitable, though one can only imagine they'd be at the Olympic games again, question is does the healing touch break the spirit of the event?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
did nintendo and namco take some sorta special drugs that made them decide to give me the shit I want?

because i don't think my brain can comprehend anything anymore

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
But Itoi said he was done with the series since the majority of the games was written as letters to his daughter when she was younger. I would love another Mother game, though.

I want a Wii U. Remember when I was down on that thing?

Pietepiet

They're still not giving us MOTHER. :/

This hurts so much.

You know what else hurts? Wind Waker HD's bloom on my eyes.

But Itoi said he was done with the series since the majority of the games was written as letters to his daughter when she was younger. I would love another Mother game, though.

Japanese Wii U VC is getting Mother 2 is what he's getting at.

Being charged $1-1.50 per VC game upgrade is a bit annoying. I mean, it's kinda reasonable since I can just play the game in Wii Mode for free and that'd be that, and that the fee is for the new features (button remapping has been a long time coming), but I'd rather pay nothing, since I already bought these games ages ago. If I hadn't bought the games back then, and decided to buy them now, I'd be paying less in the grand scheme of things - $8 for a SNES game + $1.50 for the Wii U update fee vs. just $8 for the updated Wii U version the first time around? Oh well, I'll probably still do it for select titles. I'm not looking forward to the titles I'm most interested in upgrading never showing up on the service, though, as NoA, going by the 3DS VC, will only release one VC game every three weeks, instead of doing the whole shebang in chunks a la Xbox 360 BC...

Wind Waker HD is nice, but good heavens so much bloom tone it down Nintendo

I like the look of X, although I never played Xenoblade (was the other thing I'd spend my Gamestop gift cards on, but it wasn't available locally, while Metroid Prime Trilogy was). Hopefully, that's a moot point, because it looks wonderful.

Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem: Game series I've never played vs Game series I've barely played! Exciting! (Actually, these crossovers generally are exciting, this one included... but it'd be more exciting if I had an inkling of familiarity with either series. Bleh.)

And while it makes sense to save Smash 4 for E3, so they have something to stand up to the big guns of Durango/Orbis, I'm running out of things to talk about with that gaaaame :I

But overall, I kinda liked today's ND.

No, I know that. I mean they're not giving us the existing MOTHER games. Not even the one that was already released in English, which is also coming to Wii U VC in Japan :mad:

Noi

Making VC shame owners pay for games they already own is insulting, plain and simple. Sony did the same thing with PS1 classics and didn't charge a dime. I'll continue playing VC games on my Wii and saying goodbye to them once that dies.

After today, I'll buy one used.

Some day.

Quackula

I scored a broken model 1 Sega CD, and when I opened it up to try and get it working, I found a free Sonic CD disc inside! Score!

(I also managed to get the thing working, so double score!)

Seriously, what did they do to the characters in Wind Waker HD? :( They look way too 3D.

They're test renders anyway, I wouldn't worry about it.

Pietepiet

They're test renders anyway, I wouldn't worry about it.

There's no indication of them actually doing cel-shading like the original Wind Waker.
And if they are going back to that, then showing these screenshots gives a very wrong impression (which is why they never show early screenshots for their other games).

Seriously, what did they do to the characters in Wind Waker HD? :( They look way too 3D.
The cel-shading is gone, in lieu of your standard modern shading algorithms. The end results don't look bad! Y'know, except for the overbearing bloom. A little less unique, I suppose, but I'm not too fussed.

You all knew you'd cave in for Rayman Legends eventually, tell me i'm wrong platformer Gaf.
I actually never bothered with Origins, despite being really into Rayman and Rayman 2. Might buy Legends anyway, though; the demo's quite fun.

Being charged $1-1.50 per VC game upgrade is a bit annoying. I mean, it's kinda reasonable since I can just play the game in Wii Mode for free and that'd be that, and that the fee is for the new features (button remapping has been a long time coming), but I'd rather pay nothing, since I already bought these games ages ago. If I hadn't bought the games back then, and decided to buy them now, I'd be paying less in the grand scheme of things - $8 for a SNES game + $1.50 for the Wii U update fee vs. just $8 for the updated Wii U version the first time around? Oh well, I'll probably still do it for select titles. I'm not looking forward to the titles I'm most interested in upgrading never showing up on the service, though, as NoA, going by the 3DS VC, will only release one VC game every three weeks, instead of doing the whole shebang in chunks a la Xbox 360 BC...

Yeah, this annoys me too. The $1-$1.50 thing I can sort of understand, but I don't really have faith in NoA to actually deliver VC games on a consistent basis, anyway. (Which pretty much solidifies my decision to pick up a JP region Wii U whenever I do get a Wii U)
GBA VC games on Wii U before 3DS is fucking stupid, too. I really don't understand Nintendo sometimes.

Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem: Game series I've never played vs Game series I've barely played! Exciting! (Actually, these crossovers generally are exciting, this one included... but it'd be more exciting if I had an inkling of familiarity with either series. Bleh.)

I'm not interested in either franchise, yet this still intrigues me for some reason. (Although that's probably my innate love for crossovers talking) Aren't both series polar opposites of each other as far as settings are concerned?

Then again, the best crossovers are the ones that initially give you that "How is this even going to work...?" feeling. (i.e. Kingdom Hearts, Capcom Vs, etc.)

I actually never bothered with Origins, despite being really into Rayman and Rayman 2. Might buy Legends anyway, though; the demo's quite fun.

Origin is far and away the best Rayman game. Hell, it's arguably Ancel's masterpiece, were it not for Beyond Good and Evil.

It's also the first game since Wind Waker where I thought "OK, this will look amazing forever". Journey's done that too, since, but you still don't get that type of game very often. Killer soundtrack, too.

I mean, I got a 2000 Wii Points card for Christmas (despite explicitly asking for an eShop card instead), so now I've got, like, 3000 points to kill. So I pick up Monster World IV, because I liked Wonder Boy in Monster World a lot, and the fact that Nintendo let Sega publish a modified import title, translated and all, is hella tight. So how long until that comes to Wii U? At the rate NoA's going, I suppose I'll be able to pay the extra dollar-fifty sometime in 2030.

I was honestly expecting 3DS levels of "fuck you" from the Wii U VC where despite owning Ninja Gaiden on the Wii I'd have to buy it again on the 3DS for like £4 in which case I respond in kind (thus making this exchange all turn a bit DmC).
What we've got isn't ideal but it's at least beyond what I expected from Nintendo's monkey's paw online shenanigans, plus I doubt i'd rebuy everything anyway seeing as they're like a switch away on Wii Mode. Basically i'm not exactly impressed but i'm not annoyed either.

Now the truly trying question here is will the DKC games be on Wii U at all seeing as they've vanished into the aether? this is of most vital importance, if not then i'll throw my own shit storm at some point in the future, if they give me the GBA ports instead then I might actually cry but it would fit the monkey's paw analogy.

Quackula

Now the truly trying question here is will the DKC games be on Wii U at all seeing as they've vanished into the aether? this is of most vital importance, if not then i'll throw my own shit storm at some point in the future, if they give me the GBA ports instead then I might actually cry but it would fit the monkey's paw analogy.

I'm like 95 percent sure that he only reason they vanished off of the VC to begin with was because the VC contract expired and they didn't see any reason to renew it when they were just gonna do a Wii U VC version that would need a new contract anyway.

So yeah, I'd be genuinely surprised if they didn't show up.

I'm like 95 percent sure that he only reason they vanished off of the VC to begin with was because the VC contract expired and they didn't see any reason to renew it when they were just gonna do a Wii U VC version that would need a new contract anyway.

So yeah, I'd be genuinely surprised if they didn't show up.

I have renewed faith for a handheld DKC2 that doesn't sound like arse.

Nert

Yeah, I'm going to hop back on the Nintendo train before too long. The Monolith Soft game alone
and Bayonetta 2 and Rayman Legends and The Wonderful 101
will sell me on a Wii U if it turns out well. I'll probably wait a few months before buying anything though.

Kokonoe

Banned
Gizoogle was obviously made for you

YOU CAN'T FOOL ME! YOU MADE GIZOOGLE! ADMIT IT!

You've caught me redhanded, I am Gizoogle Brain.

did nintendo and namco take some sorta special drugs that made them decide to give me the shit I want?

because i don't think my brain can comprehend anything anymore

Well, they certainly won me over.

NINTENDO DELIVERED, THEY DIDNT DISAPPOINT ME AS USUAL. THIS IS THE BEST NINTENDO DIRECT OF ALL TIME, WIND WAKER AND YOSHI AND VIRTUAL CONSOLE INSIDE MY DIGITAL SOUL.

THIS HAND OF MINE GLOWS WITH AN AWESOME POWER! IT TELLS ME TO PLAY YOU! GAMING FIIIINGEEEEEERRR!!!

I can't even comprehend how surprised I was, but it was a nice surprise this morning, a redeeming light in the face of the evils of gaming.

The announcements were "meh" aside from MegaTen x Fire Emblem. The only way I'll get excited for Wind Waker HD is if they add the cut content. WW is already my 2nd favorite Zelda and it pains me that they'll probably force motion controls into it along with the ugly "upscaled" graphics.

Monolith Soft, I guess that's good for people who enjoy those games

Wind Waker HD is a perfect example of when remaking goes wrong. I don't know what's worse, the BLOOM EVERYWHERE or the bland CG look replacing the flatter cel-shading for the characters. Maybe they'll fix the shitty fetch quests and make sailing fun

Kirby's Epic Yarn 2: Starring Yoshi? Pass

Oh hey, you get your virtual console games at a discount? Great

"We're making a new Smash Bros and 3d Mario. Also, grass is green and water is wet"

Just bring on Bayo2 and Wonderful 101 release dates, pls

SSF2THD was still more of an eyesore to me than EWJHD. Even though some of those look hilarious, SSF2THD was just crummy looking and didn't even look great animated.

qq more

SSF2THD was still more of an eyesore to me than EWJHD. Even though some of those look hilarious, SSF2THD was just crummy looking and didn't even look great animated.
I forgot what that game even looked like but I don't remember it looking too bad... I guess I'll look it up later. Right now playing Rhythm Heaven Fever and I can't beat Remix 3! Argghghghhhfdgsdhsd

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Yoshi confirmed to be a Sonic game.

yoshifwcpy.gif

Is it me or is Yoshi's head kind of huge?

I want this game anyways! It looks awesome!

Sciz

blah blah Nintendo games whatever
I'm excited

SEGA news!

For those not following the death of THQ, Sega picked up Relic and presumably their associated IPs Company of Heroes, which means that when you add CoH to what they already had in Total War, Sega damn near owns the RTS genre now (Starcraft aside, and we'll see how well Planetary Annihilation takes off). Throw in Football Manager and it's likely that their PC exclusives outweigh the rest of their development.

What a weird road for a company whose lifeblood used to be arcades to travel down.

I'm excited

SEGA news!

For those not following the death of THQ, Sega picked up Relic and presumably their associated IPs Company of Heroes, which means that when you add CoH to what they already had in Total War, Sega damn near owns the RTS genre now (Starcraft aside, and we'll see how well Planetary Annihilation takes off). Throw in Football Manager and it's likely that their PC exclusives outweigh the rest of their development.

What a weird road for a company whose lifeblood used to be arcades to travel down.

It makes more sense considering that SEGA have always had a decent time of it in Europe, and RTS is big business there.

Their American division is kinda the weak link, nowadays.

I'm excited

SEGA news!

Good for Sega, but I honestly thought the biggest news was Ubisoft getting South Park

Good for Sega, but I honestly thought the biggest news was Ubisoft getting South Park

That's not really big news at all. That game was always gonna come out, Ubisoft aren't the most obvious choice but it's not like they now own Obsidian or have the rights to future South Park games.

The big news is Vigil getting shut down and Ubisoft getting Patrice Desilets back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom