• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
what are you people doing in here.

Come for the reasonable Sonic discussion, stay here for... actually what the fuck are we staying here for
For frieeeeeeeeeeendshiiiiiiiiiip.

Nobody preaching the amazingness of SA2. No furry shit. No classic vs modern debates. No users named Shadow or Silver. Selfaware of the flaws of the series but fans nonetheless.

I like you guys.
I'm actually happy about the bolded. At least going by what you guys say, no one here really cares about that kind of stuff.

I just want fun games to play. I don't give a crap about green eyes or whatever. As long as it feels good, and as long as it's fun, I'm happy.

"Hey let's give Tails a weapon in this game like a bomb or something!"
"That's a great idea, do you want to make a new model for his bomb?"
"Fuck that. Let's just reuse something already in the game like the ring box or something."
God, I hope Tails just flies like he used to if they're making a game that includes everyone.

In the past, the only difference was Tails flying and doing the same things Sonic did. Same goes for Knuckles, but he just broke through walls. I'm fine with that, tbh.

I think it's more of a case of "don't know what you've got until it's gone", or that the fanbase is impossible to please for the most part, yeah it's probably that.
Pretty much that. Final Fantasy-GAF seems to be similar in that regard sometimes.

I need to read this when I get home. this sounds amazing.

Quackula

friendship
mk20680.png

don't you know you're all my very best friends?
Hang on, wrong derided community.

Wait what's this about fun games? madness, I play these games for the plot! I could not type this with a straight face, seriously.

Quackula

Wait what's this about fun games? madness, I play these games for the plot! I could not type this with a straight face, seriously.

Somewhere out there is someone angry that loose plot threads from Sonic 06 were never resolved or something.

So

Kinda off-topic here (big surprise, I know)

but what's with anime peeps describing T&A shots as "plot"

Somewhere out there is someone angry that loose plot threads from Sonic 06 were never resolved or something.
The gameplay was never resolved, that much is true.

Sonic 06 had the best ending of all time.

Because it made the game not exist.
It should have gone further and corrupted the save data and shatter the disc upon ejection to really hammer the point home.

So

See I think it's like a jokey paper thin excuse to explain why they're viewing such content "oh I watch this for the plot" meanwhile there's some bouncing jubblies and panty shots.

Quackula

See I think it's like a jokey paper thin excuse to explain why they're viewing such content "oh I watch this for the plot" meanwhile there's some bouncing jubblies and panty shots.

Every so often you'll run into something that you actually ARE interested in because of the plot, but it has tons of panty shots and pervvy fanservice so nobody believes you.

Every so often you'll run into something that you actually ARE interested in because of the plot, but it has tons of panty shots and pervvy fanservice so nobody believes you.

Sounds like me with Highschool of the Dead.

To bad that manga goes on hiatus way to damn much.

Quackula

Sounds like me with Highschool of the Dead.

To bad that manga goes on hiatus way to damn much.

I read Ikki Tousen years ago, so same deal there. In both of those the fanservice is insanely, embarassingly gratuitous to the point that you wonder if the whole damn thing is a joke.

Sciz

So

It's the tongue-in-cheek anime equivalent of "I only read men's magazines for the articles."

So soothing. Corny as all hell, but it's a nice song, and in the series' long tradition of downbeat ending themes (that I completely forgot I was going to do more posts about).

Ain't that the truth.
Or at the very least the one slightly fan service like moment in something that rarely dips its toes into it will pop up at the same time someone enters the room, the moments before and after it are like manly brawling or some shit just to make the timing that much worse.

Hell this works for Asura's Wrath now I think about it.

qq more

I honestly have low tolerance for perverted fan service. It just annoys me and makes me feel like a dumb pervert. :/

I hate otaku pandering in general so yeah

OMG Aero

Come for the reasonable Sonic discussion, stay here for... actually what the fuck are we staying here for
Come for the reasonable Sonic discussion, stay here because nowhere else on NeoGAF will accept you.
Ain't that the truth.
Or at the very least the one slightly fan service like moment in something that rarely dips its toes into it will pop up at the same time someone enters the room, the moments before and after it are like manly brawling or some shit just to make the timing that much worse.

Hell this works for Asura's Wrath now I think about it.
Hey man if you got caught looking at those women in the hot spring episode that's all on you. You could have just sat there drinking.

Hey man if you got caught looking at those women in the hot spring episode that's all on you. You could have just sat there drinking.

Actually I didn't even know it was an option until I ran through the trophy list post game, I pretty much did just drink and SPLASH WATER!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
You guys know how I feel about fanservice anyway. I don't think I need to repeat myself.

Man, I love this song so much. The guy's tone colour is so good even if it's--

So soothing. Corny as all hell, but it's a nice song, and in the series' long tradition of downbeat ending themes (that I completely forgot I was going to do more posts about).
...what... what Sciz said. :|

I don't know if IGN links are allowed but....

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01...nt-covers-for-archies-mega-mansonic-crossover

These covers keep getting better and better! I want the Mega Man vs. Metal Sonic as a T-Shirt.
Why wouldn't IGN links be allowed? :p

My God, I can't wait for this. Looks sooooo gooooood.

oh are we actually going with friendship?

alt0gvx.png

Noi

I found this place cause I was browsing community (shocking) and saw that Schala posted here, then peeked in and saw that it was a lot more reasonable than I expected.

Despite her constant comparisons between FF and Sonic, I'm glad that SonicGAF doesn't have certain... personalities from FFGAF in it.

This was Freezing for me. Great premise set up in the initial episode. Did absolutely nothing with it but show off T&A afterward.

Noi

Shit, the manga stopped being interesting after the Bali arc, I'm just waiting for Dal Young to get of his ass and bring back UxU.

I only saw the anime, but if I was not lazy enough to done of those "what you saw, expected, got" charts:

Expected - Cool human vs alien fights with a cool gimmick.
Got - Mean Girls the Anime

At least that Attack on Titan anime looks pretty hype.

I was gonna read the manga since I caught up with Akame ga Kiru but I think I'll wait a bit.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I found this place cause I was browsing community (shocking) and saw that Schala posted here, then peeked in and saw that it was a lot more reasonable than I expected.

Despite her constant comparisons between FF and Sonic, I'm glad that SonicGAF doesn't have certain... personalities from FFGAF in it.
Oh, yes. I'm pretty sure we do have some of those people but they stopped posting in here after the thread got moved to Community. But no one browses community! (Except a select few, I think?)

Wait, you just peeked in here because I posted in here? What if I was telling everyone off for liking Sonic?
KuGsj.gif
Just kidding. I usually like sticking to reasonable places, and SonicGAF is one of them.

Anyway, Blaze...

BlazeHedgehog said:
So far: Not bad. Feels… well, I know most reviewers are going to say last gen, and that’s what it is. It feels like the kind of game that could’ve and SHOULD’VE been done on the GC/Xbox/etc. Soleanna reminds me a lot of Delfino Plaza, too. Controls feel a bit smoother [than the demo]. Sonic’s homing attack is different - it shoots you a ways horizontally before gravity takes over.

Production values on the cutscenes have defenitely improved. The CGI kind of makes me want a CGI Sonic movie, and the cutscenes for the ingame engine, while not as good as the CGI, are still a step up from Sonic Heroes and the ilk.

Ah, that new game smell. That honeymoon phase with the game. I know that feel.

This one, though, is my favourite:

BlazeHedgehog said:
Strange bug just now; Tails appeared next to me and prompty laid down and died…and his dead body stays there. He doesn’t get up or respawn or anything. He just lays there. Dead. Presumably forever.

And this:

BlazeHedgehog said:
I’m just shocked at what a catastrophic failure this seems to be. The more I play, the worse the game starts to get. There’s just so much wrong with nearly every aspect of the game. Beyond just controls.

There are a couple levels here and there that are okay, but almost every level has something blindingly frusterating about it. Either they force you to play as Tails, or Rouge, or you have to drive one of Shadow’s shitty vehicles, or you have to do a mach speed segment…

And all of it is implemented so shoddily and half-assed it’s almost unfathomable how Sega… could… even comprehend to release it in this state. Part of me almost wonders if they’ll announce some sort of patch in the next couple of days, because I just… I can’t accept this. Not in any way shape or form.

This may be the first and only Sonic game I am actually willing to take back to the store.
Damn, son. But instead, you decided to make that video. :p

Sciz

Oh shit son

They should've had a contest to let fans do those covers :lol

Archie's creative staff for Sonic and Mega Man consists of nothing but fans. Ian got his start writing a fancomic, and almost everyone on the art team can be traced back to deviantArt except for Spaz (who's just an older fan), Dubs (somewhat younger older fan) and Steven Butler.

...what... what Sciz said. :|

Twice in one afternoon! #onaroll

Sciz

Anyone know where i could get these in the UK? No comic shops anywhere near me.

There's an iOS app and I think they're on Comixology. Nothing physical internationally that I know of (and I'm only assuming the digital options work over the pond).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom