• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
And they say they have a hard time telling me and Aeana apart for some reason.

Anyone know where i could get these in the UK? No comic shops anywhere near me.
Hmmm... I think some online comic shops like Graham Crackers, Comics Infinity, mycomicshop, etc. do ship internationally so you might have some luck with them. UK SonicGAF might know about whether or not these are sold over there.

Otherwise, you can probably get them digitally.

Edit: That's it, I'm not posting anymore. Thanks a lot, Sciz. :(

Nert

Besides friendship, one of my motivations for lurking here is that this thread is the current unofficial home of Soundtrack GAF (TM). I only occassionally talk about Sonic here, which probably isn't a good thing :p

I don't know if IGN links are allowed but....

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01...nt-covers-for-archies-mega-mansonic-crossover

These covers keep getting better and better! I want the Mega Man vs. Metal Sonic as a T-Shirt.
bubble-aniobjection09o5x.gif

phoenix-documentbz3x9v.gif

That's clearly the 32-bit Bass sprite going up against Sonic! And what's more, that's the 32-bit Protoman hanging around in the same background!

phoenix-pointingbiioh5.gif

Who are you trying to fool, Archie? What motive could you have to mislead us in the generation of the sprites? Unless...

phoenix-zoombu8bec.gif

The real murderer... was YOU!

If only the AA community thread was more lively, Beef Owl :(
I want to believe that the AA thread will revive when the time is right, i'd wager the series has been lacking in fan enthusiasm since Capcom delivered a hearty fuck you with AAI2, when the AA5 and Layton vs AA hype trains leave the station i'm sure we can have our thread turnabout.
I mean we've not even scratched the surface there, no favourite this, that and everything else, not even lists! the potential for a thread boom is there, the series just needs to be thrust back in our faces again.

BlackJace

I want to believe that the AA thread will revive when the time is right, i'd wager the series has been lacking in fan enthusiasm since Capcom delivered a hearty fuck you with AAI2, when the AA5 and Layton vs AA hype trains leave the station i'm sure we can have our thread turnabout.
I mean we've not even scratched the surface there, no favourite this, that and everything else, not even lists! the potential for a thread boom is there, the series just needs to be thrust back in our faces again.

Right, AAvL discussion should spark it up again.

BlackJace

Even that second image you posted he looks really tired

who knew the life of a defense lawyer and his partner with magical transforming boobs could be so difficult

(hasn't got very far in PW at all)

Man I envy you. Wish I could relive that experience of playing through the trilogy at my own pace.

sogood.gif

Noi

I just finished writing a whole thread dedicated to software releases for a handheld yet somehow never reached the letter cap for a post, yet Schala and Nocturnowl reached it when writing their GotY posts?

I don't think I could write that much at a time.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I just finished writing a whole thread dedicated to software releases for a handheld yet somehow never reached the letter cap for a post, yet Schala and Nocturnowl reached it when writing their GotY posts?

Writing for GAF posts is much easier than writing for my assignments and papers, tbh, because it's about stuff I actually like. Well, outside of my undergraduate thesis and a few of my linguistics papers; that stuff was fun.

Most of my posts consist of mostly text, and the HTML code and link characters contribute to that character limit if I do include them.

I ran out of lots of space for my Soundtrack of the Year posts and had to condense them a bit, left out some honourable mentions I'd wanted to include originally, cut the honourable mention writeups (or included them in other posts), etc. I did more writing for SotY than I did for GotY.

You're still the best. /hug
I still love you too. <3

Besides friendship, one of my motivations for lurking here is that this thread is the current unofficial home of Soundtrack GAF (TM). I only occassionally talk about Sonic here, which probably isn't a good thing :p
Oh yeah, that's true, eh? But Soundtrack GAF doesn't seem that large if this is the unofficial home for it + Ghaleon doesn't post in here, haha.

You still talk about Sonic anyway, so that's cool.

I come in here because I'm more likely to get noticed in here than in the Gaming Side.
That's not truuuue. You can get noticed on Gaming Side if you post a lot, I guess?

I didn't either but it just sort of happened.
Or maybe it's that I can't allow myself to be beaten by my now self proclaimed rival.

Oh yeah, that's true, eh? But Soundtrack GAF doesn't seem that large if this is the unofficial home for it + Ghaleon doesn't post in here, haha.

You still talk about Sonic anyway, so that's cool.
You are the soundtrack GAF!
/swerve

Kokonoe

Banned

I'm glad I used Joystiq all those years instead of Kotaku.

I think that guy started posting in the PokeGAF thread shortly before I stopped visiting that thread and yeah, that guy fucking weirded me out. Needless to say I wasn't surprised at all when I saw who posted those dragon and Pokemon threads.

I actually recall your post when you called him out, but of course that thread is full of people like that so it doesn't bother them. That thread really just turned into more of a mess than it was then, and they're too busy talking about "talent" and "fanart" instead of the games or the show. Oh well, least SonicGAF thread still thrives and isn't a cesspool of usual fandom. (if you can call it fandom)

Kokonoe

Banned
Lemme find that Sonic Generations review... oh god

http://kotaku.com/5855455/should-you-buy-sonic-generations-yes

Found it. Scroll down to Michael's review. Different guy

so does that mean there's TWO weird Sonic fans as Kotaku writers?!??!?!

Michael Fahey, Who Hasn't Played the Game but is a Giant Cream the Rabbit Fan: No way, Sega. You aren't getting me again. I've gotten my hopes up time and time again, only to have them shattered by sub-par Hedgehog offerings. Sonic Unleashed? Seriously? Screw you guys. Sonic Colors was a step in the right direction, but I refuse to fall for the hedgehog hype one more time. I've loved your characters for decades. Hell, my Twitter icon is a custom-made Sonic-style character I commissioned from someone at Deviant Art. I've purchased every Sonic game that's hit the market, but here I draw the line.

So you can keep your two generations of Sonic. Stuff your compelling mix of old school 2D gameplay with tightened up 3D levels. I care not for the return of classic villains and rivals from games past, or levels that pay homage to ones in all the games I've loved or loathed before. Not this time, my Japanese friends. This time I have the power.

Yes, dammit.

Gold.

Noi

Done with the new Vita thread, I can give my fingers a break now.

That GameStop Nintendo thread is a good example of why I'm always afraid to express my dissatisfaction with Nintendo stuff. It's too easy to have your opinion brushed off when "Nintendo mostly heavily pushes their legacy IP and not much else" isn't even my biggest complaint.

Tizoc

So anyone else read Sonic Universe 48?
Poor Mighty =/

Also should I make an OT for the MegamanxSonic cross-over comic?

Tizoc

Kinda saw it coming, but yeah. That whole chapter of the DEL is just one big heartbreaker.

Doesn't need to be anything too elaborate, but a discussion thread could be fun. Still a few months out, though.

Yeh I think a discussion thread would be better. ...but yeah bettter to wait til it's almost starting before making one heh.

OMG Aero

So anyone want to see Sonic Adventure 1 styled cutscenes in another SEGA game? You can view it throughout all the cutscenes in this game. (CG is good enough, however)

http://youtu.be/HZM9ihqfbCM?t=2m29s

That voice acting.
Fuck yeah Phantasy Star Universe.
I unironically loved that game because every time you started a new chapter it would show the intro song as if it was a TV show.
And then they remixed the intro for the DLC expansion as if it was a second season.

Kokonoe

Banned
Fuck yeah Phantasy Star Universe.
I unironically loved that game because every time you started a new chapter it would show the intro song as if it was a TV show.
And then they remixed the intro for the DLC expansion as if it was a second season.

Yeah, I actually played PSU for 3,000ish hours on 360 so I know all about the game. I admit it's not quite what I was wanting but it does have it's good moments.

ITS CALLED STARSHIIIIP EAAARTH!

Gunmaster was the one I ended up sticking with, if only they added the stuff the portable games did it would have been a lot better. Game is shut down though, but I'm done with it anyways, looking forward to PSO2.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Also should I make an OT for the MegamanxSonic cross-over comic?
LOL, not yet! That's a long way off still.

I didn't either but it just sort of happened.
Or maybe it's that I can't allow myself to be beaten by my now self proclaimed rival.

You are the soundtrack GAF!
/swerve
We're rivals?! D:
But I don't wanna be your rival.

Nope, Nert and Ghaleon are. I'm just... I just get really cranky towards every single list your favourite music thread because people just don't put forth the very minimal effort to say why they listed what they did. That goes for list threads in general. It's really disheartening.

Anybody gonna get Phantasy Star Online 2 when it launches?
I really want to. I've seen enough and hear enough to want to play it. I do hope Sega brings over the Vita version, though, because that way, I can play it more.

I dunno about you guys, but I love the f2p model, purely because I don't play for long periods of time that often unless I'm on holidays or on weekends.

Ugh, Gaming Side is giving me headaches, I wanna chill here :p
Why? What's going on now? I just got home and this is the first place I check every day.

Really, it is. @___@

Kokonoe said:
I actually recall your post when you called him out, but of course that thread is full of people like that so it doesn't bother them. That thread really just turned into more of a mess than it was then, and they're too busy talking about "talent" and "fanart" instead of the games or the show. Oh well, least SonicGAF thread still thrives and isn't a cesspool of usual fandom. (if you can call it fandom)
Do... I need links to this stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom