• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sharing this here because...why not.

Out of boredom a little earlier, I decided to play Rampage World Tour and Universal Tour for the N64. They've both aged terribly due to the art style, but I was shocked at how absolutely awful UT is. WT isn't even that great, but I was able to play a few levels before I said to myself "eh, I think I'm done for now." UT, I couldn't even play two full levels before I thought "yeah, this needs to end now."

Actually, I gotta admit, I'm tempted to try out Sonic Jump, mostly because I've heard the music tracks for years now and want to actually connect them with something. Can't imagine the Doodle Jump style of gameplay (even if this came first) would hold me long, though.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Supergreatfriend's streaming 999 again: http://www.twitch.tv/supergreatfrien.

Post whatever in the Pokecapn thread if you feel like watching instead of here.

Every mod loses out to this one.

Honestly, though, I feel similarly. Sonic Jump has some good music. Even if the game's completely one-note, I'd like to try it one day. At least to say "yes, I did try it". As of right now, I can't judge how it is as a game.

Annoying.
When it slowed down time it just delayed the inevitable.
That and boosting took forever.
It's too bad because the 3DS version was actually designed competently. I don't know what they were thinking when they designed it.

Now that we're on the topic, I want to see a mod that fixes it.

Sharing this here because...why not.

Out of boredom a little earlier, I decided to play Rampage World Tour and Universal Tour for the N64. They've both aged terribly due to the art style, but I was shocked at how absolutely awful UT is. WT isn't even that great, but I was able to play a few levels before I said to myself "eh, I think I'm done for now." UT, I couldn't even play two full levels before I thought "yeah, this needs to end now."
I can't stand how UT looks. It's terrible! I can't stand the colours, character design, lots of people being locked away, etc. I think WT looks a little better than UT, but outside of that, nah, I can't play them either. They're pretty repetitive...

I don't like Schsla grading posts. This will be the end of us all, clearly.
I don't grade you guys because you're my favourites and often make me laugh.

PhantomOfTheKnight said:
...alright, finished making another thread (this time music related); let's see how many people ignore it. :p
Is it on Gaming Side? Because then I'll be able to say something about it. Because I don't listen to a lot of regular music. >.>

You'd think that with the spread of OT, more people would respond.

I've noticed that if you post threads during the week, You're more likely to get responses because no one really browses GAF on the weekend. :p

So two things

1. Is there a canonical reason as to why Sonic is as fast as he is?

2. Why did they change Robotnik's name to Eggman?

1. They never gave anything official, though if memory serves me correctly Unleashed said something about it being his shoes (don't quote me on this).

2. It was always Eggman in Japan, Sega of America came up with Robotnik to make Sonic appeal more in the west.

EDIT: ...yeah, forget #1. His shoes help cut down friction; Sonic's naturally fast.

I always thought the shoes were for protection and he was just always born that way...blessed by the Ancient Walkers. Or some mumbo jumbo like that.

I always thought the shoes were for protection and he was just always born that way...blessed by the Ancient Walkers. Or some mumbo jumbo like that.

There was an NPC from Spagonia in Unleashed that was a shoemaker that said something about "wondrous shoes that turn their wearer into a speed demon". Thereore I thought it was his shoes.

Apparently he was misinformed or something. :p

Spinball is a poor example of a pinball game while Flickies' Island is a pretty rad Flicky game featuring Sonic. I'd prefer a new Flickies' Island to a new Spinball.

Besides, ya'll already got Sonic Pinball Party.

I was talking to Green Scar
No you weren't you were clearly talking to me I know better therefore I am right QED case closed

Would rather have a 3D Blast sequel.

But I
3D Blast. :c

I like 3D Blast too!

Spinball is a poor example of a pinball game while Flickies' Island is a pretty rad Flicky game featuring Sonic. I'd prefer a new Flickies' Island to a new Spinball.

I would like to jump on this bandwagon. 3D Blast was the shit (and not just "shit").

Get a new soundtrack by Richard Jacques, too, doing his best to ape the style (well, styles) of the Saturn version, and I'd be in seventh heaven. Actually, getting him to do that for any style of Sonic game would suffice.

GOD DAMMIT I WANT GENERATIONS DLC. MORE LEVELS. MORE PLAYABLE CHARACTERS OR SKINS. MORE SONGS.

NJK AERVGYULBAER4GH745GO;BUWEOCFYUVOT

WhASIEC.gif

TheOGB

Banned

Pinball Party's pretty rad. Held my attention longer than it had any right to.

Sonic 06 is better than both Adventure games if only because Crisis City gives you the image of a burned-out Chao Garden...hopefully with lots of dead Chao.

Kokonoe

Banned
Sonic 06 is better than both Adventure games if only because Crisis City gives you the image of a burned-out Chao Garden...hopefully with lots of dead Chao.

Well luckily that fanfiction story never happened technically.

Man, I haven't played any of the Advance games in years...

I just revisited Advance 1 and then put more time into Advance 2 recently. Advance 1 is such a great game, and Advance 2 although it not being like Advance 1 has it's nice moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom