• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never had chili before. Always been afraid to try it, especially considering that I'm not a huge fan of either spicy or beans, and chili is both spicy and made of beans. This extends to chili dogs, as such. Even with my childhood idol loving them, I stuck with plain hot dogs.

I am so boring.

I've never had chili before. Always been afraid to try it, especially considering that I'm not a huge fan of either spicy or beans, and chili is both spicy and made of beans. This extends to chili dogs, as such. Even with my childhood idol loving them, I stuck with plain hot dogs.

I am so boring.

They make chili without beans, fyi. Also with varying levels of spiciness!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess

I am so boring.
No you're not. I'm the same way. I can't stand spicy at all.

TheOGB

Banned
Chilli's kinda meh. I get it without beans because I don't like beans, but it's still not that great to me.

I feel like Knuckles is a fan of steak

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I was mad.
KuGsj.gif

Shadow Hog did his job.

I think I made my point clear: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=46949739&postcount=1434.

qq more said:
what language? we're totally innocent, especially me
Don't lie.

Kokonoe

Banned
Well, she was awfully specific in her request, and while I'm not usually one to drop F-bombs, to do any less wouldn't fulfill the action requested of me.

Well I suppose that's understandable, I don't think I've cursed on GAF before. (aside from those hilarious gizoogles)

what language? we're totally innocent, especially me

:>

<:

You cruise the caps lock and the cursing, I seen it.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Oh, is that so

Most Smash Bros fans are annoying as fuck to be honest. Not saying it's any of you guys though,
except for that one person but we shall not say the name!

WHAT

THIS IS BULLLSHITTTTT

I tempted to 100% Sonic 4 Episode 1 a few months ago but I fucking lost it and gave up.

Fuck the headache inducing special stages.

Fuck that shit. I love MGS but think Other M looks awful.

SERIOUSLY. IT'S SO FUCKING AWFUL.

WHY ISN'T IT CENTERED EITHER?! THAT'S SO UNPROFESSIONAL

brb, buying soap to wash qq more's mouth out with

To be fair, I also think it's bullshit that Fennekin is 4 votes away from eclipsing Froakie, too.

She should be far, far ahead of Froakie. If only I'd looked at the starters before voting EatChildren :(

qq more

Just for absolutely no reason, I'm going to challenge myself to not swear in this thread for a week! CAN I DO IT? Not that there's a problem with swearing or anything

Oh and Fennekin is super lame compared to Chespin and Froakie, just sayin'.

qq more

Well I would just move on... I mean I honestly don't care about my swearing habits since I like it so much but it's just for fun!

So an acquaintance at #srb2fun is playing through Sonic Rivals for some reason.

Did you remember that the plot of that game involves Sonic's friends being turned into cards? I didn't. I'm trying to think of a more stupid plot premise, since the series has had its fair share of stupid plot premises, but I'm beginning to think that might take the cake.

qq more

Swearing is fun!
QUACK QUACK QUACK. I laugh every time I hear that intro.

Did you remember that the plot of that game involves Sonic's friends being turned into cards? I didn't. I'm trying to think of a more stupid plot premise, since the series has had its fair share of stupid plot premises, but I'm beginning to think that might take the cake.

Wait... they turn into cards? Maybe that's why Tails didn't have trouble telling Sonic to watch out for that Time Eater card in Generations 3DS with a straight face!

I hope someone gets the clever joke about those ridiculous cutscenes

BlackJace

Fun fact:

after 06's godawful story was erased at the end of the game itself, Rivals is the game where Sonic canonically meets Silver :p

I've heard that plot point before.

Nk6wGPm.jpg

I will eat and occasionally enjoy spicy food but I cannot "handle it", as they say. I am the kind of person who will eat a pizza and if there's a little bit of spice to it, I'll start sweating. I have very sensitive tastebuds.

But I'll still eat it. I just need a glass of milk or something to sip on after every bite.

Chilidogs are pretty cool, though. I've definitely never had "spicy" chilidogs, either.

Just for absolutely no reason, I'm going to challenge myself to not swear in this thread for a week! CAN I DO IT? Not that there's a problem with swearing or anything

Oh and Fennekin is super lame compared to Chespin and Froakie, just sayin'.

Bah! Bah!

Dimps, Dimps and...walruses

OMG Aero

Remind me to stay the fuck out of Lightning Returns threads.
This is something you needed reminding of? I thought this would be imprinted on your mind when that crazy Final Fantasy defender with the Lightning avatar who offered to make people avatars of their "favourite parts of Lightning's body" showed up.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I actually laughed out loud at the emulation of Sonic 1 in Generations. That has got to be the worst port since the GBA version. The sound is whack. But it gives a good feeling to know it's in there since its the anniversary game ... I have a Genesis cart anyway.

edit: when I was a kid I hounded my mom into making chili dogs because of Sonic. Were Sonic and chili dogs official Sega canon or just something from the cartoons/comics?

Sciz

What's this heretical anti-chili talk doing in here

edit: when I was a kid I hounded my mom into making chili dogs because of Sonic. Were Sonic and chili dogs official Sega canon or just something from the cartoons/comics?
Cartoon thing. It didn't migrate back into the games until Unleashed.

edit: It should be noted that a lot of the shared design elements between the cartoons, comics, and other media of the time were based on guidance from Sega of America. Chili dogs might've been one of those things.

Kokonoe

Banned
qq more if you curse within a week your punishment should be that you have to wear a pink recolor of your current avatar provided by me for a few days.

qq more

...Thinking about it, should you take a step further and have it so his mustache just gets shaved off? I mean... pink is manly pink to me!

qq more

I actually like mediocre games.
In that case then don't avoid Advance 2! (actually it's a little worse)

Oh...you want it to be worse? well okay, i'll remove the moustache and put my own 'creative touch' on it as well. BWAHAHAHAHA Have a rotten day.
Uh oh!

A part of me wants to lose just to see the creative touch you speak of. I'm too curious! But I'm strong enough to do this challenge! I CAN DO IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom