• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be fine with a Sonic Spinball sequel as long as they realized what was good about the first game.

Like, Toxic Caves? Great. To me, Toxic Caves is the entire game of Sonic Spinball. When I finish Toxic Caves, I stop playing. You could roll credits right there. Levels after Toxic Caves is where the game starts getting too big and too complex for the pinball motif. Pinball is the kind of game where it's difficult to aim shots and super easy to fail because the physics reacted in an unpredictable way, so having these monster levels with 4 or 5 tiers of interconnected pinball tables is just too much.

If they made an entire game that is just levels that are the same size and complexity as Toxic Caves, Sonic Spinball would be a hell of a game.

Actually, I really like The Machine. There's, like, one place you can die, at the very bottom of the map, and it's really easy to avoid dying there. The rest is just chill.

Although it can kinda meander a bit, I suppose.

Kokonoe

Banned
I would be fine with a Sonic Spinball sequel as long as they realized what was good about the first game.

Like, Toxic Caves? Great. To me, Toxic Caves is the entire game of Sonic Spinball. When I finish Toxic Caves, I stop playing. You could roll credits right there. Levels after Toxic Caves is where the game starts getting too big and too complex for the pinball motif. Pinball is the kind of game where it's difficult to aim shots and super easy to fail because the physics reacted in an unpredictable way, so having these monster levels with 4 or 5 tiers of interconnected pinball tables is just too much.

If they made an entire game that is just levels that are the same size and complexity as Toxic Caves, Sonic Spinball would be a hell of a game.

SEGA could use some more successful side Sonic games too, the only one that is somewhat getting anywhere are Sonic Racing and well the Olympics games, but those are Mario mixed.

I'd like to see more Sonic spinoffs now with current day SEGA.

SEGA could use some more successful side Sonic games too, the only one that is somewhat getting anywhere are Sonic Racing and well the Olympics games, but those are Mario mixed.

I'd like to see more Sonic spinoffs now with current day SEGA.

I'd love a Tails' Adventure 2, personally. Full-on Metroidvania, build your own weapons, attacks can alter maps, all that fun shit

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I'd love a Tails' Adventure 2, personally. Full-on Metroidvania, build your own weapons, attacks can alter maps, all that fun shit
I certainly wouldn't mind another Tails' Adventure at all, provided it isn't developed by Dimps.

I personally want a Sonic RPG done by AlphaDream or Sega WOW, but it's not going to happen.

I certainly wouldn't mind another Tails' Adventure at all, provided it isn't developed by Dimps.

I personally want a Sonic RPG done by AlphaDream or Sega WOW, but it's not going to happen.

An N1 Sonic SRPG'd be really cool/interesting, especially since most Sonic fans (not from here) I know are also Disgaea fans.

Kokonoe

Banned
Lyrics are nice, I actually understood them well apart from the "I'll be losing you before long" part where it eventually drove me to look at a lyric sheet.

Frog Crimes 3: Raisin hell, Ridin' Big's Caddie and Bling Bling

And now we're kickin'.

Super Froggio Brothers featuring BAH the Cat

This is good too.

Eh, I don't know, I felt it was a bit over remixed. The straightforwardness of the original was the perfect balance of suspenseful and dark.

I feel this way as well, I mean it's nice, but the original is just too stellar in comparison.

OMG Aero

kind of funny that the sub-par 3DS version actually has a good version of the fight
If there is one thing the 3DS version does well, it's that the boss fights in that game are actually good instead of being a mixed bag like the console version.
Oh come on, Sonic Jump doesn't look like an amazing title, but it can't be that bad...
You know, people talk a lot of shit about Sonic Jump but I've been playing it on my breaks at work and it's an okay way to pass the time. My only real complaint is how much the game wants you to spend actual money to unlock things by gating them behind such high level requirements. Like I think you start unlocking characters every 3 or so levels after level 17 and I completed the story, played a fair bit of the endless mode and have been going out of my way to complete missions and I'm only level 15.
1. They never gave anything official, though if memory serves me correctly Unleashed said something about it being his shoes (don't quote me on this).
You need to read up on Sonic's (and Robotnik's) origin story:

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
We discuss Sonic a lot, but since its a dry spell in news, we goof around.
It's also a nice place to come whenever Gaming Side is irritating us with its nonsense.

Like now, in the wake of the latest Nintendo Direct, for instance.

Is Sega WOW still even a thing anymore?
Considering 7th Dragon 2020 3rd Encount seems to be a thing and Shining Blade came out last year, I'd like to think so.

I agree. I didn't like it at first but it's really grown on me.

He likes junk food. I dunno how established his chili dog addiction was, at that point. IIRC, according to StC, he also likes gumballs.

On that note, I find it amusing that the chili dog addiction actually IS canon now.

He likes junk food. I dunno how established his chili dog addiction was, at that point. IIRC, according to StC, he also likes gumballs.

On that note, I find it amusing that the chili dog addiction actually IS canon now.

They must have whatever Downtown Ebony Hare was feeding the echidnas.

OMG Aero

Why is Sonic asking for a hamburger in that comic?
a) This is the origin story of Robotnik and why Sonic is blue, not the origin story of his love for chili dogs which happens later.
b) Sonic eats other food as well, not just chili dogs.

Pick whichever answer you like best.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
a) This is the origin story of Robotnik and why Sonic is blue, not the origin story of his love for chili dogs which happens later.
b) Sonic eats other food as well, not just chili dogs.

Pick whichever answer you like best.
Option A sounds more believable. :V

I'm just surprised there was a reason behind Sonic being blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom